2 EAs failed to run simultaneously

Hi,

I have one EA running on one chart (EURUSD), scanning and controlling all 22 pairs with various strategies. It is working fine. When I create another set of EA, running on GBPUSD chart, also scanning and controlling all 22 pairs, it does not get fired. I tested the same set up on 2 notebooks, the first one detected "IsTradeAllowed" as false all the time, and therefore no order is fired. The second notebook simply has no messages at all.

Can anyone please advise if 2 different EAs on 2 separate charts can be run simultaneously, both scanning and controlling all 22 pairs?

Many thanks.

Novalight

You can have multiple EAs running on same chart. I have that setup already.

What error you getting.?? You need to allow live trading to get rid of error "IsTradeAllowed"

dineshydv:

You can have multiple EAs running on same chart. I have that setup already.

What error you getting.?? You need to allow live trading to get rid of error "IsTradeAllowed"

Hi dineshydv,

Thanks for your help. I thought that each chart can only run an EA. I did not know that you can have multiple EAs on the same chart. How do you do that? Please advise.

My issue is that I have one chart running an EA, and another chart running another different EA. Both EA are running well when they are on separate notebooks. However, when I run both EAs on the same notebook, only one of them is running, and the other is not. Again, the EAs are running on different charts. Any advise? Thanks.

Novalight

1. You can only have ONE EA on ONE chart. You can have multiple charts with the same pair/TF open.
  2. Do both charts have a smiley face?
  3. Are you using different magic numbers so they do not interfere with each other?

WHRoeder:
  1. You can only have ONE EA on ONE chart. You can have multiple charts with the same pair/TF open.
  2. Do both charts have a smiley face?
  3. Are you using different magic numbers so they do not interfere with each other?

Hi WHRoeder,

Thanks for your help.

1. Yes, one EA on one chart, each EA managing 22 pairs.

2. Yes, both EA are with smiley face.

3. Definitely, each strategy within the EAs is using a unique magic number.

One EA is running we per normal, the second EA could not trigger orders, error message is "IsTradeBusy" is true.

Thanks.

Novalight

novalight:

Hi WHRoeder,

Thanks for your help.

1. Yes, one EA on one chart, each EA managing 22 pairs.

2. Yes, both EA are with smiley face.

3. Definitely, each strategy within the EAs is using a unique magic number.

One EA is running we per normal, the second EA could not trigger orders, error message is "IsTradeBusy" is true.

Thanks.

Novalight

Hi WHRoeder,

I was wrong about the second EA. It did not have the smiley face. It turned out that though I have set it at the tools/options /expert advisors, load a new EA is not set accordingly to the setting under the tools/options/expert advisors. The default is expert Advisor is disabled. Once I turn it on, it is running fine for both EAs. My bad ! Sorry and thanks for all the help and advise.

Case closed. Take care all ....

Novalight

Reason: