HedgeEA - page 32

Wow

Two HUGE posts in the past 24 hours. The first, by Stevensign, was a great explanation regarding how best to calculate the ratio. I hadn't taken into consideration the daily range, which makes sense to include.

The second post was by thesource, and provided a link to kreslik.com. What an amazing article!!!! I'm still going over it (maybe for the 5th time) to understand it, but this guy is a genious. If we can somehow incorporate some of this logic discussed in this article into the current HedgeEA (might change it considerably), it would be amazing.

Thanks for the inspiring, and thought provoking posts.

Doug

thesource,

I spent a few hours reading the thread you posted about FPI.

It really gave me more information about calculating the ratios.

I wish to note that there is a difference between FPI and HedgeEA.

**FPI**

1) Uses 3 currencies pair so putting you in 0 risk in a perfect condition(I am neglecting the swap and spreads)

2) Able to use perfect lot sizes.

3) Doesn't really care about correlation.

**HedgeEA**

1) Uses 2 currencies pair or more but the pairs have to be highly correlated.

Buy Pair1 and Sell Pair2 if Pair1 and Pair2 are + correlated.

Buy Pair 1 and Buy Pair2 if Pair1 and Pair2 are - correlated.

2) Correlation and Swap is the most important thing here.

Well, after running the HedgeEA for a few days on demo. I have been closing the carry when it is generating the profits. What I notice when I am closing the carry, HedgeEA place another carry immediately.

The immediate placing of trades after closing the previous carry will wipe out the profits generated unless the market goes back the other way round. (Not quite sure about this, maybe someone could enlight me on this)

I am still testing this HedgeEA5.9 ... keeping my fingers cross.

After getting my answer on how the ratio is being calculated, the next qwest is to find out whether should we delayed the placing of carrry after closing the previous carry trade.

Here are the screenshots what I am talking about on my previous post.

Profits generated through one Pair1 moving faster/slower than the other

Profits deminished because market goes back again?

thesource:
Hi Kokas.

I briefly went over you thread. Here is a link to something you might be able to use.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=307

Be prepared for some heavy reading.

I am also attaching the MQ4 that Codersguru made according to this article. I hope it'll help you. Keep me posted.

The Source

btw the file you posted rite, the price is in Open Price.

there are comments in the kreslik forum the indicator should use Bid, Bid, Ask or Ask, Ask, Bid instead of just Open Prices.

my 4 pips worth.

another thing pop out of my mind again..

is there an EA which is able to searching for most profitable hedge with the following factors

1) Risk of Capital is the same.

2) Highest Swap (Might need to get the interest rate) Question: Is it possible to write some commands in MT4 to produce all the Interest Rates so that we can compare?

3) Highest Correlation. (MT4 have to scan thru all the currencies pair and work out all the correlations and produce the highest correlation)

With point 2 and point 3 combine, we can generate the most profitable hedge.

** A note about correlation. does anybody has research on correlation? I want to read more about correlation and understand it. Does correlation of pair have some volatility as well, as in it might be correlated in certain period of the years.

Where could i get some historical data on these correlations data?

okie.. opening up mq4 to read about correlation function...

BRB. :P

First off all there is a BIG diference between FPI and HedgeEA. I was trying to implement FPI on HadgeEA, and I already code the EA to do this, it is like a normal EA that when the predicted GBPCHF is with a diference of more than X pips from the real GBPCHF make an order to catch the move...

But this does not work well with our brokers, I believe so I had abandoned this idea.

Regarding correlation I have MANY information that I want to put online.

And about Hedge EA I know that Many people are using it with real money and, believe it or not they are indead making money

Thats very good, but the EA is not in a final version there are many things that I want to add before it turns a final EA.

For instance the Bollinger filter only works with the default pair...

The autoratio does not work well, because until now i do not know how this ratios are calculated (I know I'm a little behind reading the thread),

Finally, I'm glad I bring this thread to public zone!

Many thanks for all the help testing it!

bodshyipmonitor:
How about using GBPJPY and CHFJPY as an example. thanks. i attached the code for the calculating cost in usd of 1 pip which i think it willl return the value of ratio.

If you notice inside HedgeEA this code is already there for calculating AutoRatio

kokas:
If you notice inside HedgeEA this code is already there for calculating AutoRatio

kokas,

can you please relook at the AutoRatio Code?

I personally put some comments to show the value of PipCost(Sym1) / PipCost(Sym2).

I tried to do it with GBPJPY and CHFJPY, the values came out to be 8.40406757 for both.

By taking PipCost(Sym1) / PipCost(Sym2), which is 8.40406757/8.40406757 = 1.

Ratio = 1.

Is this correct?

There are few post earlier on where the ratio calculated is 2.4.

hi guys.

I'm going live next week with 4k account , wish me luck

i hope to make 10% monthly with this EA , i will use the GBP AND JPY the ratio will be 1\1.6.

I'm testing also hedging with 4 pairs it's look promising less interest but not so big drawdown like GBP AND JPY ( maybe after a week i will switch i demo it only a week so i need to demo it more before going on with that , i like it better than 2 pairs because i think this is safer way than 2 pairs)

to tell you the truth I'm sick and tired trading the forex , with hedging i just place the orders and let the interest collect and some time grab some $100 profit from the fluctuation of the price , i will get app $20 daily interest from my broker.

the down side of this is :

1. some times big drawdown in the account ( in this case there is nothing to do just seat tight , collect interest and wait the price will fluctuate back)

2.some guys think that 10% is nothing in the forex market.

bodshyipmonitor:
kokas,

can you please relook at the AutoRatio Code?

I personally put some comments to show the value of PipCost(Sym1) / PipCost(Sym2).

I tried to do it with GBPJPY and CHFJPY, the values came out to be 8.40406757 for both.

By taking PipCost(Sym1) / PipCost(Sym2), which is 8.40406757/8.40406757 = 1.

Ratio = 1.

Is this correct?

There are few post earlier on where the ratio calculated is 2.4.

I'm gonna use the procedure recomended by steven on the next version.

Reason: