Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 86

Hello Hendrick,

I know you would like to keep the structure of Phoenix simple but what if we used a simple moving avg crossing or whatever as an exit strategy instead of a 42pip TP?

Have you looked into this before?

If not, I will be looking more into this and will let you know my results.

ericbach:
Hello Hendrick,

I know you would like to keep the structure of Phoenix simple but what if we used a simple moving avg crossing or whatever as an exit strategy instead of a 42pip TP?

Have you looked into this before?

If not, I will be looking more into this and will let you know my results.

That sounds good, but would that strategy be controllable as in a parameter variable?

Open Trades!!!

payal:
Here is my recent statement for the most profitable pairs listed by Hendrick with all the default settings on InterbankFX for 0.1 lot. TF M15. Looking fantastic so far for GBPJPY and EURJPY 3 closed positions. Will post another result tomorrow.

Looks good until you subtract the open trades at -140 bucks. You have made only 60 bucks, I think the open trades are the killer!

Pip

how did you compute optimal parameteric values?

Hendrick,

I was just wondering how those optimum parametric values were computed. I think the questions was asked before but has not been answered yet. It would be very helpful for us in understanding yoru approach better.

Thanks for a truly wonderful EA. Congratulations on becoming number one!

Kash

One more win and some new win in future

After having closed the eurjpy because i thought i hadn't enough marging, i had 2 trades open with big losses (in equity) for usdchf and usdjpy.

I was about 100 $ of losses but now Phoenix mode 1 with breakeven at 15 pips closed the usdjpy at the TP !!!

And i have the usdchf with 31 pips of profit (even if i just move the SL to 5 pips less thant the price).

I am far from my 1 480 $ of beguinning but i recover litlle by little.

Thanks again !

Hi,

Thank you Hendrick for sharing this great tool.

I was going through the .pdf file and had followed all the instructions for installing and running a backtest on the USDJPY. When I got to downloading the historical data from this page http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php , I got a page not found error.

If anyone could post the usdjpy.hst file, or direct me to a post where it has been posted I would be very appreciative.

I am sorry if this is a duplicate of a previous post, I have tried reading through all the pages of the thread but it's very long.

Thank you very much

AFF

femi94ce:

I was going through the .pdf file and had followed all the instructions for installing and running a backtest on the USDJPY. When I got to downloading the historical data from this page http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php , I got a page not found error.

I am sorry if this is a duplicate of a previous post, I have tried reading through all the pages of the thread but it's very long.

Yes it's posted new link. Don't know which msg. Wouldn't hurt to read past msgs, you will learn some things and probably get answered few questions.

kgilani:

I was just wondering how those optimum parametric values were computed. I think the questions was asked before but has not been answered yet.

Yes, it was answered by Hendrix. He said, that subject is very complex but he will wrote manual once he finds some extra time.

what is the contest mode? I know of the 1-3 but I am not aware of this 4th one. Could someone explain it to me? I am forward testing the phoenix right now in mode 1 and it has closed all 5 currency pairs for a profit as of yesterday and looks very good.

femi94ce:
Hi,

Thank you Hendrick for sharing this great tool.

If anyone could post the usdjpy.hst file, or direct me to a post where it has been posted I would be very appreciative.

Thank you very much

AFF

They moved their historical data over the weekend. You can find it here...

http://www.alpari-idc.ru/en/dc/databank.php

Lux

Reason: