Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 88

InSync

I've been running PHX live on IBFX for over a week now, still in profit, this morning had a couple losses on trades carried over from friday ( mode 3 - gbp$ $jpy took heavy hits).

I've switched to mode1 now because I wanted to see if it would get in sync and trade in line with the contest orders.

Currently have $jpy open @ BUY 118.14 ( contest opened @ BUY 118.11 ) I think thats close enough to call it in sync however were in about a -60 pip right now.

Price dancing on the 61.8 fib on the 1hr chart and its looking like we could get a bounce if it holds.

Demo

PipQueen:
Hi All,

I started testing on a demo account, 1:100, US$3,000 initial balance. I have the following pairs:

USJPY

EURJPY

GBPJPY

Mode 1, MM=yes, Lots=1.0, Maximum Risk =0.3

The results so far are not good. Please, see the charts. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I think it also depends on the time you start the EA. I started it Sunday night (Italian Time) and Phoenix opened a buy trade on USDJPY on 13/11 at 1:30 GMT at 117,23 and closed it after about 40 pips of gain.

I will post complete statements on Saturday.

Anyway don't be afraid. This morning I woke up and checked my live account and saw I have 3 horrible trades started tonight. At the moment trades are really better and I feel good because I really trust this system.

Raffaele

pipsqueak2:

3) I have been "programming" in Stockcharts to scan and find stocks to buy. So far very successful. The algorithm I use is as follows:

a) Check Bollinger Bands narrowing significantly.

b) Check slope if Upper Band is positive.

c) Check if slope of Lower Band is Negative.

d) Check if today's high is between Upper Band and a 21 day SMA

e) Check if a smoothed CCI(20) over 5 days slope is positive.

f) Check if Parabolic SAR is lower than to-day's low.

If ALL of the above are true rhen BUy.

The reverse, ofcourse would imply SELL!

C

pipsqueak2

Probably a real novice question.

I'm trying to code your concept and I'm stuck at items b) & c). My code for checking for a) narrowing Bollinger Band produces Buy signals OK. When I test a), b) & c) in an MT4 EA, no Buy signals are produced.

My question is:

If a) band is narrowing, would not b) upper band slope be negative and c)lower band slope positive?

b) Slope of upper band going up (positive)?

c) Slope of lower band going down (negative)?

Can you post a screenshot of a chart for your buy signals?

thanks,

Wackena

Hi Everybody:

I have been running the Phoenix "contest" version and the initial entries seem to be arbitrary and quite different from the contest entries. The 3 rd entry was closer to the contest's entry. The 4th entry is long at 117.35 (14:15 GMT, Nov 14). The Phoenix "contest" currently has no open orders.

I am running Phoenix's preferred code settings.

Is there any reason for the difference in orders. I am sure this has been answered in the thread before but I cannot seen to find the answer.

Thanks, Mike

azbo, raffaele

I think (huuum...) that the starting time is part of the key.

I started Sunday and AZBO did the same nearly openning. (00h00 GMT). It seems that his trade and mine are bads until now

Raffaele started 1h45 after.. and his trade seems to be good...

It seems also that at the moment you enter in the market P5 have his own logic and calculations. And when he (P5) enter a trade you are like "locked" in a certain way...

At the openning "big boys", "greedy sharks" and some "crazy fools" move the market sharply or to take profit or to take position...

After a while -1 h, 2h 3h... that's the problem- market slow down and take a sort of mini trend. If you start P5 at the beginning ,then you are in the big waves and the EA ill opend one or more position absolutly in contradiction with the follwing mini trend...

Solution : Don't trade at openning in the big waves... wait stabilization of the market

Following question is : until when ?

Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! It's... depends....

Any comments about this wild analysis ?

(and have you noticed same stuff?)

Heartache

My God, I really think the best should be start on Sunday night and leave the expert to work alone for the week without watching what it is doing. Today I got heartache even if at the end I lost less than how it could be...

I see that the system corrects well mistakes and is able to rebalance a bad situation.

Unfortunately I am not able to repress my curiosity so now I am so tired and stressed, the exact contrary of what I should be using an expert.

Raf

DudeWorks:

Currently have $jpy open @ BUY 118.14 ( contest opened @ BUY 118.11 ) I think thats close enough to call it in sync however were in about a -60 pip right now.

Price dancing on the 61.8 fib on the 1hr chart and its looking like we could get a bounce if it holds.

That did not hold and we were stopped out. The good news is that my running instance opened and closed within 3 pips of the contest.

raffaelegalbiati:
My God, I really think the best should be start on Sunday night and leave the expert to work alone for the week without watching what it is doing. Today I got heartache even if at the end I lost less than how it could be...

I see that the system corrects well mistakes and is able to rebalance a bad situation.

Unfortunately I am not able to repress my curiosity so now I am so tired and stressed, the exact contrary of what I should be using an expert.

Raf

Cool down... Take it easy... If this can help you : my losses are now half of my profit of last week... But never mind : it's part of the play... To morrow we will be twice of ours gains of last week...

Positive..

Reason: