Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 79

Newbie says hello

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, but I must say I am excited about Phoenix! I just finished reading all 790 posts (to date) and must say what an awesome forum and great bunch of people here! Reading all those post was time well spent, many questions I had were answered.

**** To Hendrick: What an account of success! Your philosophy of sharing knowledge and freely giving to others has made you a great success in humanity, let alone sharing your coding knowledge for others to profit from. You have done great things, and I believe you are desinted to do even greater things in the future.

I look forward to your release of "The Ultimate Guide To Backward Test Phoenix". I would like to understand more about how this puppy works.

I am not a coder, but would like to help out with the progress of Phoenix, and your continued success as well. I will post my P/L statements once I get up and running. Is there anything else I could do to be of help here? I want to contribute, and not be one of those "takers".

Sorry for the long post.

Sincerely,

PSNW

Tross:
If you download the MT4 platform from metaquotes.net and install their MIG demo, when you go into Tools, History Center, choose your pair and hit download on the bottom left corner it will download every timeframe for the pair from 1999 till Sept 06.

I notice none of my other MT4 platforms have this option.

Then I close the history center and open a chart. Once I choose refresh it seems to fill in any missing information.

GL

That is to do with the latest version of MT4. I believe version 199 allows for that. While most brokers are still using 198. I know mine IBFX is still using 198. I will wait until the update occurs on the broker end, should be within a few days I would imagine.

You very welcome

psnw:
Hi everyone,

Newbie here, but I must say I am excited about Phoenix! I just finished reading all 790 posts (to date) and must say what an awesome forum and great bunch of people here! Reading all those post was time well spent, many questions I had were answered.

**** To Hendrick: What an account of success! Your philosophy of sharing knowledge and freely giving to others has made you a great success in humanity, let alone sharing your coding knowledge for others to profit from. You have done great things, and I believe you are desinted to do even greater things in the future.

I look forward to your release of "The Ultimate Guide To Backward Test Phoenix". I would like to understand more about how this puppy works.

I am not a coder, but would like to help out with the progress of Phoenix, and your continued success as well. I will post my P/L statements once I get up and running. Is there anything else I could do to be of help here? I want to contribute, and not be one of those "takers".

Sorry for the long post.

Sincerely,

PSNW

You are welcome PSNW,

Please make your self comfortable here and be with us

Work together for our profit

and be generous like Mr Hendrick did to us

(two thumbs up for supporting his winning)

francoc30:
Hi,

I went to www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php to download historical data according to Model Quality document. The link is no long available. Is there an other site for historical data? Please help. Thanks.

Frankie

They have just recently modified the websites and moved files. History Downloads are here. Keep following the manual directions. http://www.alpari-idc.ru/en/dc/databank.php

Thanks Hendrick for putting that together.

My trading results

Hello all,

My trading results for the past week:

All demo accounts on $JPY, 15M, mode=3, standard settings

IBFX -68pips

FXDD -68 pips

SBFX +36 pips

My live account (mini account with IBFX) did

- for $JPY -19 pips

- for EURJPY +210 pips

These results don't include floating orders. If I had manually closed some orders, loss could be less (or profit could be bigger) - but this isn't the purpose of testing an automated system, ain't it?

There was an ordersend() error #129 (=invalid price) on my last trade (IBFX live account). Only the first of the three orders was executed.

AZBOfin

=====================

Just a though

ANCOLL:
A VERY NICE IDEA INDEED, alamanjani

We work together then we will advance a lot,

Forget about arrogance and inner selfish,

then we'll have a good time here.

I tried every mode which Phoenix offers, In my opinion mode 1 is the most stable among the others (at least with my result). Mode 3 sometimes gives negative result (maybe because it opens 3 position at once)

I dont know about the results of others, but I think Phoenix mode 1 is better for stable profit.

(I am trying with 0.1 lot back testing USD/JPY M15)

First of all sorry form my English, and congratulations to Super-Hendrix.

Well, I seriously think the problem with brokers tricks is a scaring real fact...

Maybe the idea of an optional button integrated in Phoenix with 4 options can be a pretty answer :

1 > Hidden SL 2 >Hidden TP

3 > Send SL 4 > Send TP.

Just a thought.

AZBOfin, this may save you some hassle.

IBFX, FXSOL and FXDD should all have the same data, since they all use the same Dealing Desk, Forex Liquidity LLC. http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Details.aspx?entityid=0196740&rn=Y

So there may not be any difference at all between IBFX and FXDD.

Hi Hendrick. Thanks for fast response. I am running vers 5.6.1 default settings on demo, no change, on a mini account. On monday I try to install vers 5.6.3. Sorry, the only change is Mode 1 only.Karl

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

My trading results for the past week:

All demo accounts on $JPY, 15M, mode=3, standard settings

IBFX -68pips

FXDD -68 pips

SBFX +36 pips

My live account (mini account with IBFX) did

- for $JPY -19 pips

- for EURJPY +210 pips

These results don't include floating orders. If I had manually closed some orders, loss could be less (or profit could be bigger) - but this isn't the purpose of testing an automated system, ain't it?

There was an ordersend() error #129 (=invalid price) on my last trade (IBFX live account). Only the first of the three orders was executed.

AZBOfin

Hi AZBO

Interbank

Demo Account

Mode 3 Standard set, 15 M

USD/JPY

16 trades 11 win 2 loss

on 9 long : 6 win 3 loss

on 7 short : 5 win 2 loss

for a total of +248 pips

Why such a difference with you ?

Reason: