Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 114

Thank you daraknor for your insight... I've been to babypips.com... a great site to start with... I can only add that it is a privilege to read your group's thoughts here and eventually grew up to the level of proficiency that can contribute...

Could you share titles of top 3 books you've red applicable to what you do here... -Thanks .

bertbin:
HenkiJr

Welcome to the crazy world of Forex...

Holy grail don't exist... lot of works, sleeplessness and sweating.... nowhere money fall from sky...

Up this page you have the (Forex trading>Trading system>Pheonix)

Go to FAQ,Stable,user support to have some answers to your questions

Start by a DEMO account... after you will see... to go live

Good trading

Oooops... I am still learniong how to use the functions on this BB... and thank you bertbin for taking the time to share your wisdom... appretiate it...

===============

Quote: Originally Posted by SloForeX

It seems that Phoenix is dieing and Hendrick is almost in the last place on that contest. Hendrick's arrogancy seems to start revenging him in that way.

===============

- I am still very new here... but I found a good way to eliminate people with comments like above... is just to ignore them... do not see them... as if they do not exist...

===================

Quote: Originally Posted by CockeyedCowboy

Your right the EA is failing because it is in unfriendly market conditions. No one would beleive me earlier when I said that Phoenix was unstable in its current design. This is exactly what I was saying back when the EA was cooking bacon. Will it be profitable again? U bet. will it be stable, not a chance unless the real problems are addressed. I've trid to point the way to correcting the problems but some people here are so stuck up on them selfs they can not see anything different.

And seys my english is bad and my spelling is too, english is not my native laugage and if that is afending to you then I would segest that substance is more valuble then image.....take it the way you want.

The CockeyedCowboy

=======================

- Cockeyed... my English is also a second language... I use FireFox 2.0 and its spell checker is automatically underling my misspelled words... and suggesting the correction... it works great...

and I trust people here will appreciate your knowledge and your input... and specially me... *smile*... so, also put a smile on your face... start to share... and am sure we will love you... I do not have a clue about scripts but am sure you would have a great brainstorming with daraknor and the rest...

Hey... be here and don't be angry please... share the light...

EnkiJr

A good approach : go to oanda site

https://fx2.oanda.com/v1.0/login.html

(a great brooker too)

Their docs and infos about fx, technicals, news, fundamental, spread... etc are very good, well commented... Read them ALL...

My 2c

I don't understand....

Could someone please explain to me how anyone could conceivably conclude that Phoenix is DYING when......

1. Henrick is in 7th place in a group of 258 participants (only 58 of these are even IN profit at ALL....)

2. The total profit is now over 120%

If that's dyin'.....please shoot me NOW.

Am I missing an update to the contest chart or something? If so, my apologies, but....

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants

SloForeX:
It seems that Phoenix is dieing and Hendrick is almost in the last place on that contest. Hendrick's arrogancy seems to start revenging him in that way.

The last thing Hendrick was is arrogant... as for last place.. can you count dude? try 7th place!

And be careful, we have no idea who will be in the top when this ends but if you pay attention you'll notice the ones like Zonker are trending EA's and in his case its an EUR Bull EA... when EUR runs out of steam so can that EA... they can lose just as fast or faster than they win... just look at Sashken... was #1... then caught the opposite side of the trend and went bankrupt pretty much, it had no sensible risk/money management.

Pheonix has a more like chance of living as it uses set money managment rules and trades well in most ranges. But this contest is only 3 months and I dont feel thats long enough to truely gage a success.

But ANY EA that has even $1 over the original $10k those accounts started with is a success... a dollar is a dollar and thats profit no matter how you look at it.

Most of all I say hats off to every person that had the guts to put an EA up there, win or lose, they gave it a shot and did it LIVE in public view. And I dont think anyone can have reason to insult them.

DudeWorks:
The last thing Hendrick was is arrogant... as for last place.. can you count dude? try 7th place!

But ANY EA that has even $1 over the original $10k those accounts started with is a success... a dollar is a dollar and thats profit no matter how you look at it.

Most of all I say hats off to every person that had the guts to put an EA up there, win or lose, they gave it a shot and did it LIVE in public view. And I dont think anyone can have reason to insult them.

Very well said!

Dude:

Five stars !

Hendrick - This code is for you.

Originally Posted by Pcontour

Background

I've been working in Computers for 25 years. I've developed programming standards myself. Your code is top notch.

Proposition

I would like to have a chance to apply a bunch of changes to your code to make it easier to understand for Forex beginners like myself and for people who are not coders. These would be user friendly changes. Nothing radical would make sense, as it's excellent already.

Benefits

1. It would be easier for you to find your own functions in your own program.

2. It would be easier for others to come up to speed and make some useful suggestions. I get confused at times and can't tell the difference between your functions and MT4 functions. People will have less questions.

3. Would give you a better base for future developments for both your code and other code that might be based on the same basic structure as your program.

4. The beauty of your code is how you could use the same phoenix strategy with different indicators. Your code getting to the point of plug and play, you can easily switch pieces.

5. Once you see what I do, you can improve on it in ways that I wouldn't think of.

6. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

What do I want

All I need is a window where you are not making changes, so I don't do work on the wrong version.

What I'm hoping for is a code base that anyone could work from to develop new Experts. We would benefit as a community if all the programs looked the same and we could look at and understand other peoples code and help each other out faster.

This is my way to contribute by doing what I'm good at.

I'm new to the forum and don't want to miss your reply so please mail me directly.
Reply by Hendrick

Hi,

I like this very much:

"What I'm hoping for is a code base that anyone could work from to develop new Experts"

Have you visit the developers part of the Phoenix thread? At the moment I'm not working on Phoenix (I needed a break).

Reply by Pcontour

The code is attached with some additional information.

Tested to ensure the result were the same as before.

Tested Mode1, 2 and 3

Tested Mode 2 - close trade after x hours

Tested Mode 2 - close trade 1 when opening trade 2 (true and false)

I hope you like it.

Pcontour:

The code is attached with some additional information.

Tested to ensure the result were the same as before.

Tested Mode1, 2 and 3

Tested Mode 2 - close trade after x hours

Tested Mode 2 - close trade 1 when opening trade 2 (true and false)

I hope you like it.

This is really cool, thank you! It really makes it more easy.

Unfortunatelly, there is already new version, but I hope that you and Daraknor can work out with this great idea!

I will repost your msg and EA on the Development thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

Mario

Status and Direction

Phoenix is anything but dead. The chatter has died down, but the page views and downloads are high as ever. With a release getting 150+ downloads in 48 hours I would think the community is active. With the change in organization, most questions are quickly answered in FAQ, documentation, etc. I posted links to documentation on several message boards that asked a lot of questions about Phoenix. The questions died off immediately, but a few days later people are asking either very intelligent questions or giving commendations on the EA. Hendrick did a good job with the EA, we're trying to do a good job with the documentation and code maintenance. Soon we'll have a new version, after we have a stable version.

I sending a PM to Pcontour, our development goals are pointed the exact same direction for Phoenix 6 and I hope we can work together.

PhoenixFund (through an existing non profit Foundation) was approved as an IB. We have a ton of paperwork to fill out still. I won't earn anything for setting up the PhoenixFund IB, nor anything from people contributing to PhoenixFund from their own pockets. All of the funds donated or through the IB are used for trading Phoenix, minus banking fees. PhoenixFund will donate part of the profits (never contributions) to nonprofits.

I do intend to receive some benefit from my work, but the only benefits will be synergistic, like hosting the PhoenixFund and providing links to commercial services I provide. Forex-TSD.com will continue to be the main communication method for Phoenix, and most of the information will be duplicated. Some info will be better organized as a website than a forum post.

I hope that we will collectively be able to patch the remaining bugs very soon and have a Stable Version of Phoenix.

Reason: