Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 87

Bad day to day.... Everything going wrong... Another KO with GB/USD... Perhaps to night... Will see tomorrow... Keep smiling and confidence with Phoenix..

Thank you, very kind people.

Don't get me wrong, I feel I have a lot to learn, but after an hour, 37 pages, and 50 more to go.... I will be reading the rest of the thread with interest once I have had my own experience with this EA. Hope I will be able to contribute too.

I very much admire and respect the co-operative and generous atmosphere here.

Thank you again for your kind help.

Best regards

AFF

Contest is the EA for championship !

rhenry45:
what is the contest mode? I know of the 1-3 but I am not aware of this 4th one. Could someone explain it to me? I am forward testing the phoenix right now in mode 1 and it has closed all 5 currency pairs for a profit as of yesterday and looks very good.

This is the link for the EA that is first in the championship.

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/Hendrick

Files:

I believe that the way Phoenix works is based on cycles. It is optimized for these cycles by looking back at what happened a short time ago. Phoenix is really not indicator based as indicators as a rule are worthless. Ask anyone who lose all of their money in forex how good indicators are. The Phoenix approach is very different and appears to work very well.

psnw:
I see Pip Queen posted her suggestions, ( Hi Pip Queen ) So I guess it is ok to go ahead and post what I found earlier. I didn't know if it was ok to do this or not....this is my first forum and I am very new here and don't want to step on any toes. Condrads Hendrick, I see your in first place agian.....GO HENDRICK - GO PHOENIX!

Hi PSNW,

No Problem! We are all just trying to help! I was on the previous thread, but I am learning a lot from all the experienced people here!

raffaelegalbiati:
Hi All,

following my post of last week where I wrote that I had to start 4 demo accounts to test separately Phoenix mode 1, mode 2, mode 3 and contest, just a note to say that I started last night the test and today Phoenix was absolutely fantastic; no loosing trade for all modes. The mode that gained more pips was obiouvsly mode 3 (also with bug that will be fixed tomorrow) because it opened 3 trade at a time.

Anyway a have a question for Hendrick: Contest mode did not generate any trade maybe because some particular instruction in the code. Demo account is mini Usd 500 leverage 1:400. Imputs are ok but maybe this system does not work with this king of account. I did not have any problem last week with a demo on standard account of USD 5,000.

Thanks to all! As promised I will post detailed statement on Saturday.

Raf

Hi All,

I started testing on a demo account, 1:100, US$3,000 initial balance. I have the following pairs:

USJPY

EURJPY

GBPJPY

Mode 1, MM=yes, Lots=1.0, Maximum Risk =0.3

The results so far are not good. Please, see the charts. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Files:
charts.doc  96 kb

Not Cycles

rhenry45:
I believe that the way Phoenix works is based on cycles. It is optimized for these cycles by looking back at what happened a short time ago. Phoenix is really not indicator based as indicators as a rule are worthless. Ask anyone who lose all of their money in forex how good indicators are. The Phoenix approach is very different and appears to work very well.

Hi Henry, its not cycles, see post #825 page 83. Money does not disappear from the market, it merely goes to someone else's pocket. By using indicators properly, you can make that pocket yours.

Pipsqueak2

bertbin:
Bad day to day.... Everything going wrong... Another KO with GB/USD... Perhaps to night... Will see tomorrow... Keep smiling and confidence with Phoenix..

i'm with you, buddy.

one of my demos took a big hit today on the EURJPY and the $JPY. luckily it's only monopoly money. the trades on my live acount i stopped manually and took the profits.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
i'm with you, buddy.

one of my demos took a big hit today on the EURJPY and the $JPY. luckily it's only monopoly money. the trades on my live acount i stopped manually and took the profits.

AZBOfin

Well done. Pips in the pocket are... in the pocket ! I left all the trade on the fire to see where are the limits of the EA... But what a big "smuck" in my face !!!! Never mind : they are Good days and Bad days : it's was a Bad one... To morrow another day... and a good one with pips and...the new version of P5...

Hendrick : I cross fingers for the contest...

Reason: