Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 82

Help Wanted - Mission Complete

Hendrick:
If you want to? Great! Only the last 4 weeks will do. Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi Hendrick,

I have completed your request. It is a bit long as I was not certain what was of value you to or not. I compiled it as .htm and as a.doc file for your quick edit as I am sure it will contain some useless info to you. How would you like me to get it to you? Post here in the forum? or do you have another preferance?

wilson1668:
Hi there,

Are you creating one by yourself or there is a company to offer that kind of EA hosting service?

Sounds interesting but it may not be affordable by everyone.

Regards

Wilson

I looked around for one and was rather surprised I could not find one. If a few people pool together, the costs drop quickly. If we run with stealth SL/TP levels (and higher SL/TP for backup) avoiding one broker intervention would pay for several years of service. The harder part is letting multiple people use one machine securely. I know all sorts of tricks, like CPU limiting (so one user or process doesn't consume more than 25% CPU) to help security. I don't know if all of the features I would want are possible with MetaTrader, but I am sure I can put together a configuration that does at least 90% of what I want. I have a lot of skills for doing things like this (backbone work, clusters, DB, load balancing) but the real question is how much MetaTrader lets us do.

If MT prevents us from doing a professional setup, then I would host for myself and a few people who want the same thing, sharing the costs. If we can do it pro style, maybe as a company. Feel free to message me, I don't want to derail the thread here.

Magnificent work Hendrick! That in your further plans? To correct errors in Mode 3 or to do Mode 4?

My broker seems not so bad (but no micro)

Hendrick:

Brokers

Running demo-accounts from some brokers are worthless because their data feed for demos are very different from their data feed for live-accounts. So if we can make a list of preferred brokers at the end of the week this will be very helpful.

My real broker is forexlite.com which is a "daughter" broker of FXDD but in french

language.

Demo and live data seems the same.

Only "problem" is that they don't do micro acount (0.01), only mini account (0.1).

daraknor:
...If MT prevents us from doing a professional setup, then I would host for myself and a few people who want the same thing, sharing the costs. If we can do it pro style, maybe as a company. Feel free to message me, I don't want to derail the thread here.

There is a quite good EA hosting site http://212.120.182.250/server/

that does that.

ipixtlan:
There is a quite good EA hosting site http://212.120.182.250/server/ that does that.

I can't read the Cryllic, but the tech specs indicate an ADSL modem. I have a better model than they are using for hosting. What I want is a 3 network connected OC-3 OC-12 setup. That is one connection at 155Mbps, and 2+ connections at 655Mbps. They should have 2 power companies and a backup generator, full UPS, fire suppression system, etc. One datacenter I went to had armed guards that watched me while I worked.

How do I change the mode to another one? Is it preset to run on mode 3?

rhenry45:
How do I change the mode to another one? Is it preset to run on mode 3?

Phoenix v53 is preset at mode 3

If you want to change mode :

right click in the graph where Phoenix is activated

Choose: Expert Consultant

Proprety

second line : Phoenix mode

Darak, AZBO

Thanks Darak about your analysys

But problem is not solved : when we have to activate Meta... ????!

If I remember, last sunday I activate my account (and Phoenix) at 8h15 (local time) = 24h15 GMT

Another question : I left all week 24/24h PC running. I closed Friday night (with 3 trades on the fire!). Should have I leave it running all WE ?

To morrow monday : back to work guys !

Reason: