Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 63

Mode 1

wilson1668:
Dear all,

It's the 4th day of the week.

Shall we have a statistic regarding how many traders are using mode_1, mode_2 and mode_3 respectively?

Traders, please!

Regards

Wilson

Mode 1 on USDCHF since yesterday night with a breakeven of 15 pips.

No trade for the moment.

Using all default settings:

Trading on 4 major currencies my M15 Mode2 configuration has increased about 11% in under 72 hours.

Trading on 4 major currencies my M15 Mode3 configuration has increased about 2%. I think it would be a lot better, but GBPUSD short had a series of stoploss trades. Also the first trade was USDJPY where 2 SL out, but the third went on for a nice profit.

Both of my not recommended settings (Using H1 timeframe and M1 on 2 brokers) are loosing. This is probably why they aren't recommended

I have reservations trading GBPUSD in general, I probably wouldn't trade it on a real account. USDJPY is known for following technical indicators very tightly, and GBPUSD is known as not being as liquid, playing loose with indicators, etc. (Cable slips through well established Support/Resist levels, sometimes ignores Fib levels, etc. Since USDJPY is often traded by large numbers of people using Fib levels, candlesticks and Ichimoku USDJPY follows the indicators better.)

corner_h: I agree with you for the most part. Hopefully the market changes are gradual shifts away from values that Phoenix works with. Correcting the settings for the slight phase shift would align it temporarily. Once the market changes have been firmly established, we should optimize and reoptimize to make sure that Phoenix has accounted for the new market conditions. If there is an overnight change on all currencies, then you are exactly right and everyone would need to simply turn off the EA for a few weeks, optimize, verify through live test, and then start the accounts up again.

I'm thinking about dropping the H1 testing this weekend and starting 4 new demo accounts at 4 different brokers, all with identical settings. Ideally, the trades would all be the same, but I have been looking at different broker data and seeing up to 5 pip differences, etc. Usually the difference is only 1-3 pips.

alamanjani:
Don't change any settings - for a start. Just use default setting and see what it does.

Then later you can increase/decrease 'Maximum Risk' once Phoenix start runing on your computer and producing trades.

You do know, how to start EA, right? I can't write steps more clear and simple, than Hendrix wrote in his manual. Copy Phoenix in Experts forlder, righ click on it and choose 'Modify", in new window click on compile, close new window, drag and drop Phoenix from Navigator onto your chart and enable live trade.

Many Thanks alamanjani, hmm... if i want to increase/decrease'Maximum Risk' what's the maximum and minimum number should i put?

minimum 0.03??

maximum 10.00??

i know how to start the EA thanks again

i've got question

1. why is it so important to see EA with different time frame? what i think is just faster and slower timing

2. and why i have so many sell in my order no buy at all?

3. thanks again

Dear all,

It's the 4th day of the week.

Shall we have a statistic regarding how many traders are using mode_1, mode_2 and mode_3 respectively?

Traders, please!

Regards

Wilson

Mode_1: Cijas dragonfyre

Mode_2: daraknor

Mode_3: daraknor

1. why is it so important to see EA with different time frame? what i think is just faster and slower timing

I'm researching why this is so I can make an EA that works in all timeframes. The hardest part (to me) is the indicators having different results at different timeframes. Also, the SL and TP levels need to be adjusted when you change timeframe. Some indicators simply don't work at certain time frames.

You were probably trading one currency, and the indicator said that currency would drop in price. Mode 3 starts 2-3 trades at a time in my experience. With more currencies over time, you get a more even mix of trades.

OhYes:

Many Thanks alamanjani, hmm... if i want to increase/decrease'Maximum Risk' what's the maximum and minimum number should i put?

minimum 0.03??

maximum 10.00??

i know how to start the EA thanks again

i've got question

3. thanks again

lot=NormalizeDouble(AccountFreeMargin()*MaximumRisk/1000.0,decimalPlaces);

Here is my interpretation of the code. Don't do this, but it looks like if you put in a Maximum risk of 10, it would buy more lots than you can afford. An account with $10000 free margin would attempt to open a 100 lot trade. At 100:1 leverage that would mean you needed $100k just to reserve the lots. At 100:1 margin a value of 1 would mean spending ALL of your margin on more lots. Most brokers require you to have a set % of margin open or they close your trades.

Please remember that loosing EURUSD 10 pip on 1 normal lot is $100 no matter what your margin is. Also remember you start off the trade at a loss because of the broker spread. If your stop loss is 50 pips, each lot needs $500.

My plan was to have one account where the risk never changed, and to draw money out of the account so my bank account evens out even if I loose everything a month later. A second account would slowly increase the Maximum risk from 0.03 to 0.05 and so on. I doubt I would ever go above 0.10 trading a single currency.

A better way to speed up the trading is to use more currency pairs on the same account. That way a few losses on GBPUSD might be balanced by wins on EURUSD. You also enter more trades this way. It is much less likely for all trades to go against you at once.

Phoenix decisions

Dear Hendrick, at the moment I trade 4 pairs live (eurjpy, usdjpy, gbpusd, usdchf) on IBFX and as many people here I am amazed by the results of Phoenix. Sometimes it works as it had a crystal ball to see what's happening in the forecoming hours.

Anyway my question is: when Phoenix decides to open a trade what happens if after some time the conditions of the market change and the EA could be in the situation to open an opposite position? The first trade remains open until TP or SL are reached or there is a mechanism to close it and open an opposite position?

Excuse me if my question could be stupid but I am really fascinated by how this EA works...

Thanks a lot.

Raffaele

hello to all!

where i can found the best setings of this EA?

yossi1177:
hello to all! where i can found the best setings of this EA?

i already confused from most the versions וi am not all thus understands english if someone be able to please to give me file presets please

thank you very much!!!!

Yossi1177, Hendrick put the settings in the code. Go into Metatrader editor and scroll down - you will see them. No need to change any settings if you use the currency pairs listed. GBPUSD and USDJPY the best. Attach to 15m chart and activate - that's all until Hendrick releases other settings or you want to try your own.

Reason: