Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 65

Hello Hendrick,

may i ask you which metatrader specific platform you use for backtesting/optimizing? Today i tested backtesting in FXDD and NEXTT - with different results but same input values... The Metatrader Installations where fresh and data was still the same (Alpari, 1Min). The testing results were very different. I cant explain it... any ideas ??

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

(4) If people do forward test, they could have different result. Everybody here is not testing with same starting time (same day same time). So everybody is going with different train. Some people got profit, some people get losses. One person can have 1,4,7,9 while others will have 2,3,6,11 etc.

In short word: "DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR BUY AND SELL".

Any comments from you or other people here?

I agree with Point 4, but don't understand "DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR BUY AND SELL".

raffaelegalbiati:
Dear Hendrick, at the moment I trade 4 pairs live (eurjpy, usdjpy, gbpusd, usdchf) on IBFX and as many people here I am amazed by the results of Phoenix. Sometimes it works as it had a crystal ball to see what's happening in the forecoming hours.

Anyway my question is: when Phoenix decides to open a trade what happens if after some time the conditions of the market change and the EA could be in the situation to open an opposite position? The first trade remains open until TP or SL are reached or there is a mechanism to close it and open an opposite position?

Excuse me if my question could be stupid but I am really fascinated by how this EA works...

Thanks a lot.

Raffaele

I was also thinking about the same. It would be nice if Phoenix exits and reverses position when market moves in opposite direction so that we can capture atleast minimum profit.

Won 36 $ today !

Mode 1 in USDCHF.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175245/page43

I'm absolutely agree with your idea, but when pheonix already open buy and then it's give sell signal what next pheonix will do ? Ignor sell signals? or...

It's still have problem Some people got profit, some people get losses because people is not testing with same starting time .

I think after we found "DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR BUY AND SELL" we should

use both signals (can open buy and sell in the same time) or filter with other indicators or timing or ..... This will help people get consistancy same result with out same starting time.

Then we go for adaptive settings.

Phoenix suggested improvements...

Hi Hendrick. I saw your posts about greed and fear and agree with everything you have said. I appreciate the work you have done on Phoenix 5 including the outstanding implementation of the 123 trade suggestion I gave you.

I would now like to feed you another suggestion and see what can be made of this one:

Lets say your indicators say it is time to enter a trade. Lets assume it is looking for a buy entry. If you look at your chart to the left of current candle, you will find the most recent support. That most recent support could be 20 pips away or 80 pips away depending on the energy of the market, but it is a clear support point. Now, if you take that support point and calculate this as the maximum risk (lets say the value is 65 pips) you would want to put your stop 3-5 pips below this point giving us lets say a 70 pips stop. This is your risk. If you then multiply your risk by .5X, 1.0X, 1.5X you can get your targets needed for your 123 trade. In this example, your limit for trade 1 would be 35 pips, for trade 2 would be 70 pips and for trade 3would be 105 pips.

I believe this type of approach to calculate the optimum stop and limit will allow your EA to respond in a much more flexible way to a very dynamic market.

I have implemented this approach in another EA I am testing and results are very promising. I have also done manual backtesting of this approach and found very amazing results in terms of how uncanny the limits are at maximizing profits related to specific market movements.

One trade entry might have a 20 pips stop with 10 pip, 20 pip and 30 pip limits and the very next trade might have 70 pip stop with 35, 70 and 105 pips limits. Very dynamic and not locked into an averaged stop and limit approach that you have to change every six months.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you. I would be glad to discuss it furthur.

hellow all!!!

1. if i have mini account did i need to change the "AccountIsMicro" false or true?

2. for gbp/usd and usd/jpy i need open 2 graphs or 1 ?

3. did recommended operates that on account authentic or operates period demo account?

thank you very much on the help!!!!

jwhite1319:
I believe this type of approach to calculate the optimum stop and limit will allow your EA to respond in a much more flexible way to a very dynamic market.

I like this self-adaptive idea.

You could also use Lowest Low & Highest High over a short lookback period to define the support and resistance.

- - - -

Thanks Hendrick for your great contribution and willingness to share!

Is it possible to add a piece of code to close a buy a position and open a sell position and vice versa?

I say this because the stoploss gap is pretty big. So if the price is going towards the stoploss (and usually closes at the SL), close the buy/sell position at 50% of the SL and open the opposite position.

Files:
suggestion.jpg  79 kb
Reason: