Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 68

fikko:
Following your time filter, here is the result:

SELL increased from 63% to 75%, now it is a profit!

BUY decreased from 70% to 67%, now it is a loss!

We may be able to use SELL time filter 17:00~22:00, 23:00~02:00.

If we can tune both of them to 80%, that will be great.

Hi fikko,

The previous time frame to open buy / sell order is rough only. I just took a casual look of the barchart I produced to have that.

Of course, we need a more detail estimation because the T/P:S/L is 1:2 now (42:84).

That means what? For a specific time frame, if we have 2 wins + 1 loss, we may only break even. If we have 3 wins + 1 loss, then we should have profit.

Working in office now, may have a more detailed look later.

Regards

Wilson

I'm testing Mode3.

But it opens only Mode3_First Trade, not second and third.

Why is this ?

Thanks in advance.

wilson1668:
Hi fikko,

From that, for buy order, best time to open order 07:00~17:00, 18:00~20:00, 00:00~01:00.

For sell order, best time to open order 17:00~22:00, 23:00~02:00. Does it make sense?

So, is it possbile to have some add-in for Phoenix such that it will open buy order for certain period and sell order for some other period?

You can (as mentioned above) use one EA for long and another EA for short orders. Since Phoenix already has a time filter put in, you can apply one time filter on the long EA, and another time filter for the short EA.

I am very interested to see if that would have drastically higher profit even though the EA would have a split personality and only know about half of the trades. (based on magic numbers).

Some of the times overlap, so there is a theoretical possibility of opening a buy and sell in the same window, and a much higher chance that a buy order was open when a sell order was issued. (This may still work fine - but it contradicts one of the design parameters of Phoenix.)

possible to increase to 80%

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

So Hendrick, if you can increase each of buy/sell with winning possibility to 80%, I believe when combining them, your Phoenix can reach 95% winning probability.

In short word: "DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR BUY AND SELL".

Any comments from you or other people here?

Is it possible to increase buy/sell winning possiblity to 80%?

eooojj:

Yeah, there is a setting for that called WinningTrades, just change it to whatever you want, 80, 90 or even 100%. Also, check a setting called GrailMode, set it to Yes. ;x

Cheers,

Diam0nd.

P.S. I hope you do understand that was a joke

I LOVE

eooojj:

I think it is possible. But I myself do not know this setting setup. I just can do trial and error to discover, while Hendrick is calculating exact figures. Let's wait for Hendrick to come with some thoughts.

Intersting EA Im forward testing this on all the recomended pairs. Ill post the result in a couple of weeks.

One thing I'm wondering about though. Last night my computer went down. Not for long, (think eletricity) and I put it back up preaty quick. The orders that were initiated, will they still be under controll of the EA after the computer comes up again when eletricity is back? Or will I need to close these orders manualy?

Thanks up front for any reply.

Regards

Nybegynner

Diam0nd:
Yeah, there is a setting for that called WinningTrades, just change it to whatever you want, 80, 90 or even 100%. Also, check a setting called GrailMode, set it to Yes.

lovelly ... lol ...

in GrailMode ... does it it tell you tomorrow's bank account balance today?

Maybe it should skip not profitable days as well?

saltcafe:
lovelly ... lol ...

in GrailMode ... does it it tell you tomorrow's bank account balance today?

Maybe it should skip not profitable days as well?

And in mode TurboGrail it tell you to day your balance account in one year in combination with WinningTrades at 100% ...

ROFL

Glad you liked the joke guys Terribly sorry for the flame (the joke), I simply found eooojj's question a bit humorous. Sorry about that.

Kindest regards,

Diam0nd.

I LOVE

Reason: