Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 62

Hendrick

Another time first : congrats...

Your EA is one of the two who made me win and no lose money !

Hendrick:
Hi Cijas, I think this is a justified request. You're very honest about the size of your account and I respect that. So I will make an extra option for you (and others) in the next version don't forget to post your results !!

Thanks for your quick answer Hendrick !

Actually i like 4 EA : Phoenix, Pipboxer, 10 points 3 and Hedge.

I lost many $ with Avalanche (wich is another one) and 10 points 3 (because not enough marging) and Hedge is good but i guess i need a little more money (i have now 220 and i beguan trading at the end of september with 1 480 $).

The only 2 EA which seemed safely (or about to be safe) are yours and the pipboxer one (which i found on forexfactory.com).

So today i will try to use your new Phoenix (not the contest one that i used) in 2 big swap currencies : GBPJPY and GBPCHF. I will set your EA to only Buy and it's a good day cause i will have 3 times swaps) !!!!

Seee you later !!!

Edit :

I see that the EA is not set for GBPCHF so i don't know if i will try it with this currencie.

Furthemore i hope it will buy a 0.1 lot before midnigh cause i really want the swap !

Historical Data

try this link.... http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/dc/databank.php

AZBOfin

This link does work as posted

Greg

Maybe we should (once an hour?) read the history files for consecutive losses, and then display an alert saying, "Hey I need new settings!" The settings we have right now are optimized for current market conditions.

Curve fitting

Hi Hendrick,

Phoenix is great good tool for curve fitting and it looks like you got

good combination of signals to work with, but we will lose money with it quicker then we earn it if real life will produce change it big trend.

If we optimize on 6mo data and use settings it on 1Y backtest we will lose

and it is simple trend reversal on D1 frame.

Maybe you can find a way of looking at bigger time frame (let say H4 or D1)together with all setup for M15 and trigger weight of this higher time frame indicator after abnormal several losses.....

...last minute idea...

Higher time frame indication(signals) can be arranged in similar fashion to one you have for m15 (signal1, signal2 and so on...)but can be used as reversal m15sell to M15buy (for example).

I gess higher time frame has to be optimized separately then..

...just thinking of ideas as I am not a programmer and

always ready to test

My trading results with phoenix

Had a good start, then got rough, but now pretty good.

I am trading eur/jpy gbp/jpy chf/jpy eur/usd usd/chf and eur/gbp all on the 15m time frame.

Hmm I didn't realize phoenix has been updated. I've been using 4.2.03. I'm gonna update it now.

OhYes:

so, is there anyone can give me a setting for the phoenix so that i could learn how you guy set in the in put manu even the code?

Don't change any settings - for a start. Just use default setting and see what it does.

Then later you can increase/decrease 'Maximum Risk' once Phoenix start runing on your computer and producing trades.

You do know, how to start EA, right? I can't write steps more clear and simple, than Hendrix wrote in his manual. Copy Phoenix in Experts forlder, righ click on it and choose 'Modify", in new window click on compile, close new window, drag and drop Phoenix from Navigator onto your chart and enable live trade.

daraknor:
Put Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02.mq4 in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\Expert\...........

My apology for answering. I answered as I read msg, but I should first read all msgs, that way i would see it was already answered. And answered better

daraknor:
Maybe we should (once an hour?) read the history files for consecutive losses, and then display an alert saying, "Hey I need new settings!" The settings we have right now are optimized for current market conditions.

Yes we will need new settings but we will have to wait for a few weeks at least to accumulate data for these new conditions hten use new data with old data to optimize our tools for it and find new settings

Mode 1, just started with this version tonight though.

Reason: