Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 58

ruparaw:
Wow!!! real account at risk 10, you must be a rich man with plenty of money, please paste your trading statement, love to see the progress

Amen to that! I'd like to follow that ish as well! Please post them statemens if possible

pabloski7:
If MM is on, Phoenix will decide the size of the lots. If you want to use 2 lots, turn MM off (false).

Thanks Pabloski.

But what, if I will MoneyManagement starting with 2 lots ?

Trailing stops

Would it be advisable to attach trailing stops to the positions, depending on the volatility of the pairs?

fikko:
Yes Hendrick,

See this result? it is an amizing Phonex 5, can turn $1000 to $1 million within 6 months of trade. I am using mode 1 and mode 3.

The risk is 0.3, using 2 modes it will consume 60% of the free margin.

It is very great in backtest, but Let's see how it perform in forward test.

What broker did you use? I'm trying to duplicate these results and I can't. I'm not sure if I'm using wrong settings or what, but I can't duplicate these results.

drew

Hendric competition now was at 2nd place but his equity gain >150% already from 10k...sooner or latter i think will be back at 1st place.

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants

Question to Hendric:

1) Do you replaced your current Pheonix for competition there to version 5?

2) May I know those competition was using a demo ac or a real ac?

TQ

Way to Go Hendrick!

Hendrick,

I marvel everytime I look through your account history in the competition. The trade pattern is just so remarkably consistent. THIS is truly the desired behavior of any EA. Hat's off to you! . Setting up Phoenix 5 today on forward tests.

Ruparaw, no competitor may replace the EA with any new version during the competition. The account is a demo.

I am testing

Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 mode 5 M15 USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF ,eurjpy , gpbjpy with altrade

AND

Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 mode 3 M15 USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF , eurjpy , gpbjpy with UGMFX

I started opening trade windows about 11/06 04:00 GMT

till now

All default settings, default risk, all 10k demo accounts, 10 happy faces

with no order at all I don`t know why

in the otherhand when I use Phoenix_EA_v5_6_01 it work

can any one help me?

for messenger talk

my yahoo Id: maged_hdp@yahoo.com

Question

After having Phoenix running on 2 Demo accounts here is what happened:

1.Alpari Demo opens trades, which IBFX does not.

2.In both platforms in Mode 3 only, standard settings, simultanously 3 trades are opened.

Seek help since i want to put Phoenix on a real money account next week and will post statements here.

But this makes no sense, if one Broker works the other doesnt.

Any mistake i make here?

Janus

The meaning of some functions in Phoenix 5

What is the meaning of the following functions in Phoenix 5:

TrailingStop

BreakEven

CloseAfterhours

We first start with Phoenix 5 in Mode 1 without any other settings. Backward test for the USDJPY from 2006.04.01 until 2006.11.03:

Net Profit 19.883 Trades 122 Maximal Drawdown (MD) 7.16%.

Second:

TrailingStop=35

Net Profit 21.100 Trades 136 MD 6.79%

Third:

BreakEven=38

Net Profit 21.023 Trades 131 MD 6.90%

Fourth:

CloseAfterHours=132

Net Profit 18.997 Trades 126 MD 7.38%

And now let's combine these 3 and we get:

Net Profit 21.997 Trades 139 MD 6.64%

So, it helps to use these settings to improve your results.

JanusTrading:
1.Alpari Demo opens trades, which IBFX does not. 2.In both platforms in Mode 3 only, standard settings, simultanously 3 trades are opened.

1. different brokers = different data feeds = different signals = different results

2. mode3 is supposed to open 3 trades at the same time (RTFM)

But this makes no sense, if one Broker works the other doesnt.

...then i guess this is the wrong investment vehicle for you...

Any mistake i make here?

RTFM and familiarize yourself with the software (EA) you are working with. eventhough hendrick doesn't charge a penny for his hard work in developing this great EA, it doesn't mean that everything will be be spoonfeed. some things you ought to do yourself - like reading the manual on how to setup the EA.

AZBOfin

Reason: