Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 60

Historical Data for Modeling

I am attempting to set up a modeling folder and program. The address provided in the instruction manual www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php produces 'page not found.' The site map provides no leads either. Any suggestions or alternatives?

Greg

aghenry1:
I am attempting to set up a modeling folder and program. The address provided in the instruction manual www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php produces 'page not found.' The site map provides no leads either. Any suggestions or alternatives? Greg

try this link.... http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/dc/databank.php

AZBOfin

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

The phoenix is Excellent.

However, there are some variables within Phoenix that many be different in the future:

SMAPeriod = 4;

SMA2Bars = 16;

OSMAFast = 11;

OSMASlow = 20;

OSMASignal = 14;

Fast_Period = 20;

Slow_Period = 10;

DVBuySell = 0.0078;

DVStayOut = 0.026;

Thinking a way to self-configure for phoenix...

I do not know how often these values change, but you can calculate the value and save it into a flat file. Then this value will be updated, perhaps monthly for example. Taking data 6 months and re-calculate the values.

You can also set phoenix running on background test and generate the setting values.

I attached a sample of "self learning ea", but the performence of this EA is far away from Phoenix. Do not need to test it. However, we take the "self learning" idea.

What do you think? If the setting is not much different from month to month, then we do not need this.

Thanks

I tested these new settings and the best results for Usd/yen was

1 month backtesting only,

Mode 2,

MM=false,

Max. Risk=0.3

Any backtesting of more then 1 month and the results would not be good. Not sure why?

OhYes:
i'm very very new for this EA, not just this EA but also others EA. i tried really hard to learn this EA (Phoenix EA 5.6)... and i dont just get it. i'm not very sure in put manu what i should set or what i should do, or how to put the number in it. also i already read the guid for this ea, it doens seem to help me.

so, is there anyone can give me a setting for the phoenix so that i could learn how you guy set in the in put manu even the code?

sorry with my english

Put Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02.mq4 in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\Expert\

Restart MetaTrader

On top left in MetaTrader click icon named "Navigator" - it has Folder with Star icon.

Click "Expert Advisors"

Click + Drag Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 onto EURUSD chart M15

Checkbox in setting "Allow Live Trading"

Click OK

You should have happy face upper right side of chart. If sad face, you need to change MetaTrader Settings or click "Expert Advisors" play button (above the M1 M5 M15 buttons).

If this is not the right answer, you need a better question. You can also try to ask in your language.

Hi fikko! What build of MT you use? Спасибо. Spasibo.

fikko:

I attached a sample of "self learning ea", but the performence of this EA is far away from Phoenix. Do not need to test it. However, we take the "self learning" idea.

What do you think? If the setting is not much different from month to month, then we do not need this.

Thanks

I went through that code. It isn't very high quality, and the lotsi calculations have 32 if else statements that need to be checked every time. The same numbers could be reached simply by rounding down or dividing by 5, rounding down for lotsi >15 and then multiply by 5. I might be more willing to spend time with it if the comments were translated Also, with so many arrays being overwritten so often, it is really difficult to trace execution and data models. It would take several hours to find out what the variables are used for, and where they are changed. Maybe this information is in the comments?

I think the kind of optimization we need is genetic algorithms that are then adjusted for tolerance values. If someone can document how they arrive at the values, I will follow the process through for a couple different currency pairs. Maybe the process used can be abstracted through code but I think it is arrived at through much backtesting.

I saw genetic algorithm optimization available on an EA previously during 'strategy tester'. The problem with this kind of method is that the optimized values may have been a specific response to one time conditions.

I have been playing with a few ideas for adaptive take profit levels. Trailing stops are used in Phoenix currently as a sort of "creeping SL" to minimize losses over time. I need to read through the logs to see if this extends to profit lock in or not. There are a few other ideas for trailing stop methods I have. I'm making a thread called "EA design: Trailing Stop and Take Profit" in the Suggestions for Trading Systems thread. Maybe we should discuss this, and optimization, under that topic?

daraknor:
Put Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02.mq4 in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\Expert\

Restart MetaTrader

On top left in MetaTrader click icon named "Navigator" - it has Folder with Star icon.

Click "Expert Advisors"

Click + Drag Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 onto EURUSD chart M15

Checkbox in setting "Allow Live Trading"

Click OK

You should have happy face upper right side of chart. If sad face, you need to change MetaTrader Settings or click "Expert Advisors" play button (above the M1 M5 M15 buttons).

If this is not the right answer, you need a better question. You can also try to ask in your language.

all this i know already, the thing i dont know is how to set the Phoenix, i mean hmm .. how many should i put in the SL or TP 20, 30 or 40? and signal, what's percent for? something like that or coding ..... conclude, i dont know what i suppose to set in the in put or changing or coding

yeah thank you very much

Don't change any values at all. People who use phoenix a lot make the best settings for you built into the code. Just start it and let it run. I have several copies of Phoenix running at M15, So far all currencies profitable, running 2 EA on 4 currency M15. That is 8 currencies all profitable. Many trades, all good.

Gratz and can u add one option ?

1) gratz cause i just won 17.82 $ today on USDJPY (i admit i changed the SL because i have so little account now that i didn't want to lost money after having done some profit)

2) the option i ask respectfully :

As i have a little account (some not many $ to have a marge nor many $ to support the risk of losses) and my broker don't do micro account, can u add an option so in the mode 3 of the last Phoenix it split the order in only 2 orders.

I mean now it do 0.1 lot + 0.1 lot + 0.1 lot and i would like to have only 0.1 lot + 0.1 lot.

Thanks a lot if u can add this option to the EA.

BreakEven

Hi all, and really thank you to Hendrick for this wonderful Phoenix. I am following this thread since last August and learrned a lot about this EA. Now I am using it live on an IBFX account since 2 days. Until now I have 7 trades closed with profit and no loss. Of course I am not able to understand how the EA moves the SL anyway I am always worried about breakeven. I saw that at a certain point Phoenix puts a SL at breakeven but I often think to change the Input forcing the system to put a SL at BE when price is 20 pips from entrance point. What do you think about it. Do I risk to loose big moves or it could be a good repair from bigger losses?

Thanks a lot for answering me.

Raffaele

Reason: