Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 69

Hi all.

Backward/Forward testers of FB5 :

Which mode of FB did you prefer, in terms of $$$ return or protected account ?

Mode1, Mode2 or Mode3 ?

Thanks

Equity based lot calculations

Hi Hendrick,

Any thoughts on the equity based idea proposed earlier? (for calculating lot sizes).

Salty.

Statements Stats

Hi All,

Anybody has an automated stats generation mechanism where you can feed it a statement and it will spit out statistics on the trades by pair. I'd be looking for stats like buy/sell trades (totals, % winning, pips generated per trade, pips per currency, time of trades opened & closed & duration, etc...)

Maybe somebody has already written a script like this or an Excel spreadsheet.

I have a bunch of statements that I wanted to post, but ideally the stats are more interesting, then the statements themselves.

Salty.

saltcafe:
Hi All,

Anybody has an automated stats generation mechanism where you can feed it a statement and it will spit out statistics on the trades by pair. I'd be looking for stats like buy/sell trades (totals, % winning, pips generated per trade, pips per currency, time of trades opened & closed & duration, etc...)

Maybe somebody has already written a script like this or an Excel spreadsheet.

I have a bunch of statements that I wanted to post, but ideally the stats are more interesting, then the statements themselves.

Salty.

Me too Salty

Nybegynner:
One thing I'm wondering about though. Last night my computer went down. Not for long, (think eletricity) and I put it back up preaty quick. The orders that were initiated, will they still be under controll of the EA after the computer comes up again when eletricity is back? Or will I need to close these orders manualy?

The EA will handle this gracefully. No worries Also, since the SL and TP levels were already set you can just turn off your computer and walk away. If Phoenix is open then it will do things to keep trades profitable. If you see some trades with a profit of 0.00 then this was something Phoenix did - protecting winning trades from becoming loosing trades.

fikko:
Following your time filter, here is the result:

SELL increased from 63% to 75%, now it is a profit!

BUY decreased from 70% to 67%, now it is a loss!

We may be able to use SELL time filter 17:00~22:00, 23:00~02:00.

If we can tune both of them to 80%, that will be great.

What about the following time period:

Buy Order: 07:00~10:00, 11:00~13:00, 15:00~17:00, 18:00~20:00, 22:00~23:00, 00:00~01:00, 02:00~03:00

Sell Order: 05:00~06:00, 11:00~12:00, 16:00~22:00, 23:00~02:00

What will be the percentage of winning?

Regards

Wilson

Files:

saltcafe:
Hi Hendrick,

Any thoughts on the equity based idea proposed earlier? (for calculating lot sizes).

Salty.

Hi Salty!

I asked others for an opinion about your idea. No reactions so far. I will use this weekend to test your proposal. You're doing a great job in this forum Salty. Thanks.

Different modes in Phoenix

My conclusion so far about the Phoenix Modes: Mode 1 and 2 are OK (even a combination of these 2). Mode 3 sucks. So I want to drop Mode 3 in favour of a new Mode (much better). Any objections?

Reason: