Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 66

dragonfyre:
Is it possible to add a piece of code to close a buy a position and open a sell position and vice versa? I say this because the stoploss gap is pretty big. So if the price is going towards the stoploss (and usually closes at the SL), close the buy/sell position at 50% of the SL and open the opposite position.

Wouldn't that strategy only work if you have identified a trend? If it isn't a trend the best signal to open would be another buy, anticipating a reversal. I don't think that (without the benefit of hindsight) it is a clear decision to open an opposite trade.

Hi, Hendrick. I just downloaded your EA and started back testing. But it's seems I always get negativ results with default settings. I ran the whole 2year period I had the M1 charts on USDJPY. To generate positive results, what has to be done? Change of period? Change of settings?

Timeframe is M15

Everything else is default

I have tried now alot different time period with default setting but still cannot get the nice consistent curve that show around here. What have I done wrong?!

Prankie:

I ran the whole 2year period I had the M1 charts on USDJPY.

Timeframe is M15

What have I done wrong?!

System is optimized for last 6 months. 2 years will give you bad results. Hendrick is using last 6 months to come up with settings which should work for a while (few months) and then he will reoptimize system again, when needed.

Yes time frame is 15 min

asam:
I agree with Point 4, but don't understand "DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR BUY AND SELL".

Hi Asam,

It can not be done with Phoenix 4.2 or Phoenix 5. It needs programming effort. But if we have correct setting of SELL and BUY individually with accuracy 80%, then I believe when combining into one EA, it can have 95% accuracy.

The signal should be refined / filtered. So setting must be changed. It may have 2 settings both for Sell and Buy.

This week is a good week for Phoenix...

fikko:
Hi Asam,

This week is a good week for Phoenix...

Yes indead. Soon will be in the first place again, 'coz:

Dollar is dropping:

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=w&w=15&t=l&a=0

and Idamiani is long 2.7 lot of EURUSD

but also short 7.7 lot of EURUSD

Soon S/L will be trigered for one order, but he will still have 1.3 lot going in 'wrong' direction.

Btw, I understood you perfectly and it makes sense, what you are suggesting. It may work. And hat down, for your researching and that you noticed this.

Consecutive losses

Hendrick,

So far, the usdjpy pair has not had a loss in 7 trades for almost 2 weeks. I agree with your statement about a possible rapid change in the behavior of the pair. Do you have Phoenix 5 coded with a "stop trading" provision if 2 consecutive trades are losses? Might be worth it if you don't.

Wishing you continued good luck in the competition!

AdamDuritz99:
Ok, I made a "For Testing Only" version of what you requested. It's a stripped down Phoenix 4.2. Only USD/JPY. You can change the settings individually for each buy and sell actions. I've only tested it 3 times making sure the results are the same for Phoenix4.2 and this test version. It seems in working order. I'm posting it here so you guys can test and see if you can find better settings for each individually. Good Luck...

Please read the first post!!! I asked not to post any other versions of Phoenix than the original one! Will you please be so kind to remove this one?. I'm really pissed of by this!

AdamDuritz99:
Ok, I made a "For Testing Only" version of what you requested. It's a stripped down Phoenix 4.2. Only USD/JPY. You can change the settings individually for each buy and sell actions. I've only tested it 3 times making sure the results are the same for Phoenix4.2 and this test version. It seems in working order. I'm posting it here so you guys can test and see if you can find better settings for each individually.

You can get the same behavior without any programming at all. Rename (in windows) the file to PhoenixBuy, and a copy as PhoenixSell. Attach PhoenixBuy to a chart where the settings on 'Common' = Long only. Attach PhoenixSell to an identical but separate chart where the settings on 'Common' = Short only. Adjust the settings for PhoenixBuy separately from PhoenixSell, in the EA properties.

And please do follow Hendricks request about no forked versions of Phoenix in this thread that is a horrible problem in programming projects. Common on forums, bad practice in general.

daraknor:
You can get the same behavior without any programming at all. Rename (in windows) the file to PhoenixBuy, and a copy as PhoenixSell. Attach PhoenixBuy to a chart where the settings on 'Common' = Long only. Attach PhoenixSell to an identical but separate chart where the settings on 'Common' = Short only. Adjust the settings for PhoenixBuy separately from PhoenixSell, in the EA properties. And please do follow Hendricks request about no forked versions of Phoenix in this thread that is a horrible problem in programming projects. Common on forums, bad practice in general.

Previously I think we can do that, have separated of Phoneix for buy and sell and change the magic number there.

But it shouldn't be that way. Remember, the trade is the train! If you just use sell or buy only, then you will end up with 70% and 63%, no more! Because combination of both buy and sell, the opened trade will automatically filter the signal, so the winning prob can achieve 83%.

But yes, the proper setting for each, we can find out by that way. But when doing forward test, it must be a combination. The train must consist of buy and sell. Then you can gain profit.

Reason: