Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 17

secretcode:
Found on net ...might be a real Hurst !

Is it possible to add MTF option in this indicator ?

Thanks

secretcode

It is not a Hurst channel either. Also the "projection" is not what it should be. You can check it by extending it to "future" and you will see that you will get always a simple sinusoidal wave that has nothing to do with extrapolation. See the example - the odds that the the future price will be like that are less than 0

Files:
projection.gif  42 kb

mladen:
secretcode It is not a Hurst channel either. Also the "projection" is not what it should be. You can check it by extending it to "future" and you will see that you will get always a simple sinusoidal wave that has nothing to do with extrapolation. See the example - the odds that the the future price will be like that are less than 0

Thanks Mladen for kind info

Combo of Two TMA functions

Hello Mladen, Thanks for all the great TMA related indicators on this thread. I'm getting some positive results off trading with the T3 and the TMA centered. I know you warned in a previous post not to trade off the TMA Centered as it repaints. Compared however, to other indicators I've tested in the past, the repainting seems rather subtle and hasn't spoiled using it to verify a trade signal.

I think I've downloaded and tested every indicator on the this thread but I may have missed the one I'm looking for. Could you either point me to a TMA Centered with band and changing central line color that you've already created,.... or combine the functions in the two attached that you previously created?

Given that I accept possible repainting, could you include an alert when the central TMA line changes slope and signal color? If possible a popup, sound alert and even option for sms message would be great!

Related to your previous comparison of the centered vs non-centered TMA, maybe my settings were in error but the curve I got was quite different between the two as compared to the chart examples you posted. If there's a way to adjust the settings so the results are optimally similar between the centered and non-centered (non-repainting) TMA, could you point me to that post?

Thanks

Files:

mladen:
As far as I remember I made only metatrader 5 version that changes the color of the central line (niot 100% sure though). The metatrader 5 version is at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page6 . Will check if somewhere is there a metatrader 4 version of that too

The file ' TMA Centered 1.01' attached in the previous post is for MT4 and has changing colors for slope on the single TMA line. I believe its from this thread.

marketjouster:
Hello Mladen, Thanks for all the great TMA related indicators on this thread. I'm getting some positive results off trading with the T3 and the TMA centered. I know you warned in a previous post not to trade off the TMA Centered as it repaints. Compared however, to other indicators I've tested in the past, the repainting seems rather subtle and hasn't spoiled using it to verify a trade signal.

I think I've downloaded and tested every indicator on the this thread but I may have missed the one I'm looking for. Could you either point me to a TMA Centered with band and changing central line color that you've already created,.... or combine the functions in the two attached that you previously created?

Given that I accept possible repainting, could you include an alert when the central TMA line changes slope and signal color? If possible a popup, sound alert and even option for sms message would be great!

Related to your previous comparison of the centered vs non-centered TMA, maybe my settings were in error but the curve I got was quite different between the two as compared to the chart examples you posted. If there's a way to adjust the settings so the results are optimally similar between the centered and non-centered (non-repainting) TMA, could you point me to that post?

Thanks

As far as I remember I made only metatrader 5 version that changes the color of the central line (not 100% sure though). The metatrader 5 version is at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page6 . Will check if somewhere is there a metatrader 4 version of that too

marketjouster:
The file ' TMA Centered 1.01' attached in the previous post is for MT4 and has changing colors for slope on the single TMA line. I believe its from this thread.

marketjouster,

I know, but it still needs bands

This would be a TMA centered with changing middle line color, bands and alerts when the slope of the middle line changes direction. As I used to say like a parrot : "Please use it for estimation only, not in signaling mode, since it recalculates and signals can be changed backwards".

Other than that, all is classical : use ATRPeriod and ATR multiplier for bands setup and use the alerts part for setting up alerts (alertsOnis a main switch and it should be set to true in order to get alerts at all)

Happy trading

duct tape and hot glue TMA

mladen:
marketjouster, I know, but it still needs bands

Well, one of the indies had the bands, and the other had the changing slope colors. I figured if I gave both to you that with a little hot glue and duct tape you could put them together)) And sure enough, you didn't disappoint !!

Thanks!!

marketjouster - can you please post a chart showing how you are using T3 and TMA together. This is a very interesting subject.

Mtf

mladen:
This would be a TMA centered with changing middle line color, bands and alerts when the slope of the middle line changes direction. As I used to say like a parrot : "Please use it for estimation only, not in signaling mode, since it recalculates and signals can be changed backwards".

Other than that, all is classical : use ATRPeriod and ATR multiplier for bands setup and use the alerts part for setting up alerts (alertsOnis a main switch and it should be set to true in order to get alerts at all)

Happy trading

Thanks Mladen for this beauty

If possible, please add MTF in it so it'll become beauty w/ brain

Reason: