TMA&Cycles - page 9

SIMBA:
Walander,automatic updates of tma periods based on dominant Cycle will be fantastic...only problem is that this method is like a scalpel or a razor...use it on h4,d1 or CRBs...and we are a "Smart surgeon with a scalpel"...use it on M30 and below,and we are just "Drunk monkeys with a razor"....This doesn`t detract from the "auto update is best" argument,in theory,so,my point is just relative(autoupdate is best h1 nd higher),not absolute,but in practice... I believe it won`t work if we extend it to all tfs...

I don`t know if I made my point clear enough,and I am not a programmer,so,if mladen wants to link the indy with Corona Cycle period,for me it is OK.....BTW Even H1 is dubious

Regards

S

This is adaptive or auto using Corona on H1 chart using H1and daily settings with extra bands, looks good but may cause computer to explode once market opens , but again using SSA still can't get TMA to work

edit) added picture of m15 x d1 settings

Files:

Mind posting the MQ4? I tried, but for some reason, I couldn't get anything to come out properly =S.

Thanks!

The reasoning behind using it adaptive (I use it on 1H Simba ) is just based on a new method for entry. I was hoping just to run an EA to see how it goes

Thanks tools!

mrtools:
Don't mind at all just don't know how much drain gonna be on the puter, on the v1.4 been using default except 1.5 on Atr Multiplier, on the other the multi banded one, default except like say if your on h1 chart you want daily then timefactor = 24,etc., hopefully i got everything in zip you need if not or any questions just holler! Don't know looking at picture some huge moves on H1 rear view mirror.Simba hope you don't mind me posting these here know your a TMA man , if so no problem to move them.

Oo, I just noticed this is SSA and not TMA. What methodology were you using this at anyways out of curiosity!

mrtools:
Don't mind at all just don't know how much drain gonna be on the puter, on the v1.4 been using default except 1.5 on Atr Multiplier, on the other the multi banded one, default except like say if your on h1 chart you want daily then timefactor = 24,etc., hopefully i got everything in zip you need if not or any questions just holler! Don't know looking at picture some huge moves on H1 rear view mirror.Simba hope you don't mind me posting these here know your a TMA man , if so no problem to move them.

Walander:
Oo, I just noticed this is SSA and not TMA. What methodology were you using this at anyways out of curiosity!

Same as Simba's Tma Bands, mainly H1 & H4, best trades have been when H1 breaks out past H4, along with price and some sort of confirmation for a reversal,usually big trades. Think Mladen or maybe Simba was saying about TMA and SSA they are very similar, sometimes one better than the other or vise versa. I have an older version of Mladen's TMA will dig it up and know that version can add, so maybe can compare.

profitrader21:
Hi, Mr. Tools in your experience how intense is the repainting especially of the multi-banded one? It looks excellent on back fitted data but as we know ssa recalculates. Thanks

Copied an answer about this from Mladen he answers this much better than me, main thing its not stand alone indicator, use trend lines,higher timeframe,etc for confirmation.

NiCForce,

I am taking a liberty to answer your question, hope you won't mind

Let make a distinction as of what "repainting" is and what is not (and I will give you an example) :

we usually use the "repaints" term for wrongly coded indicators : indicators that change previous values because they "think" that they are using past data when using future data (solar wind in all its reincarnations, for example), when they use multiple colors and than change colors backwards because of coding errors, and so on...

the term recalculating is something completely different (even if that term is misleading since it is a normal "calculation" and not "re-calculation") : there are a lot of indicators which, by their nature, must recalculate values. Centered MAs and SSA are some of those - it is their nature, and they can not be made differently

Now, are they less useful because of that : I will avoid answering that question but will let you use indicators from the attachment : it is a Hodrick-Prescott filter and it is also "recalculating". What I would also like to do is to draw your attention to a wiki page where it is described (here : Hodrick-Prescott filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and to a fact that is written at 4th line of that article : "and recent Nobel Prize winner Edward C. Prescott.[1]" He got it, among other things, for his work on this filter

All these are actually dealing in probability of an event and that is what simba is doing here : using probability shown by these indicators in his/our advantage. Of course that sometimes there will be "wrong calls" but that is what probability is all about : probable not certain (otherwise it would be a holly grail)

regards

mladen

Ahh,

I've created - or well, am testing, a breakout method where a particular bar past the mid line on 4x the current time frame (1H -> 4H Cycle) is the stop/limit order in opposite direction. So far, it looks promising, but I may just be curve fitting =D

Walander:
Mind posting the MQ4? I tried, but for some reason, I couldn't get anything to come out properly =S. Thanks!

Don't mind at all just don't know how much drain gonna be on the puter, on the v1.4 been using default except 1.5 on Atr Multiplier, on the other the multi banded one, default except like say if your on h1 chart you want daily then timefactor = 24,etc., hopefully i got everything in zip you need if not or any questions just holler! Don't know looking at picture some huge moves on H1 rear view mirror.Simba hope you don't mind me posting these here know your a TMA man , if so no problem to move them.Simba umbrella drinks on the house compliments of (rumor has it ) tudor girl and new hubby speedo man xxxxxxxxxx

Files:
a_bands.rar  19 kb
bands.gif  81 kb

Simpler is better

Walander:
Mladen, and Simba-

Wouldn't it be simplier if you combine the two indicators simply to auto update?

This is just a thought as if someone were to wanting to use this "Method" on a 5M chart, it would be very annoying to continually update the dom Cycle Period.
Walander:
The reasoning behind using it adaptive (I use it on 1H Simba ) is just based on a new method for entry. I was hoping just to run an EA to see how it goes Thanks tools!
mrtools:
Same as Simba's Tma Bands, mainly H1 & H4, best trades have been when H1 breaks out past H4, along with price and some sort of confirmation for a reversal,usually big trades. Think Mladen or maybe Simba was saying about TMA and SSA they are very similar, sometimes one better than the other or vise versa. I have an older version of Mladen's TMA will dig it up and know that version can add, so maybe can compare.

Walander:Your previous post made me think you wanted to use them on m5,that was the reason of my comment.Your reasoning about adaptive on h1 is right,only problem as Tools pointed out,is that linking them to corona cycle period may crash your platform....But,Corona Cycle period is way better than "normal "Cycle period

Tools:

1-TMA Bands are not mine,they are Mladen`s(You know that I mostly trade Price Action,Pivots and mladen indicators ...So,I usually trade naked with Mladen ...sorry Mladen,I couldn`t resist )...IMO,for Live trading,TMA Bands are way better than SSA bands,by far,but my opinion may be biased by my trading style...

2-I don`t have a problem with you,or any member, posting here alternative methods,just the opposite,I am glad to have started a thread where intelligent people can offer ideas,alternatives and suggestions,please,Tools,Walander,any other member with a comment ,a question or a suggestion, feel free to keep posting them here ...

3-Among the potential "Bands" methods I have tested..Bollinger,Keltner channels,Kalman bands,Hodrick Prescott bands,SSA bands,SMA Bands with half period negative shift,SMA Bands with Half period positive shift,ATR Bands...and TMA Centered Bands...By Far...TMA Centered bands are the best(for my trading style),But,I am always open to learn about alternative methods that may improve on them.

Mladen:Yes I know that you will say that TMA Bands are not yours but Brian Millard`s...But you were the one to code them for us,so,you deserve my appreciative comments..And,I am not joking when I say that the few indicators I use,mostly, are yours.

Regards

S

SIMBA:
Walander:Your previous post made me think you wanted to use them on m5,that was the reason of my comment.Your reasoning about adaptive on h1 is right,only problem as Tools pointed out,is that linking them to corona cycle period may crash your platform....But,Corona Cycle period is way better than "normal "Cycle period

Tools:

1-TMA Bands are not mine,they are Mladen`s(You know that I mostly trade Price Action,Pivots and mladen indicators ...So,I usually trade naked with Mladen ...sorry Mladen,I couldn`t resist )...IMO,for Live trading,TMA Bands are way better than SSA bands,by far,but my opinion may be biased by my trading style...

2-I don`t have a problem with you,or any member, posting here alternative methods,just the opposite,I am glad to have started a thread where intelligent people can offer ideas,alternatives and suggestions,please,Tools,Walander,any other member with a comment ,a question or a suggestion, feel free to keep posting them here ...

3-Among the potential "Bands" methods I have tested..Bollinger,Keltner channels,Kalman bands,Hodrick Prescott bands,SSA bands,SMA Bands with half period negative shift,SMA Bands with Half period positive shift,ATR Bands...and TMA Centered Bands...By Far...TMA Centered bands are the best(for my trading style),But,I am always open to learn about alternative methods that may improve on them.

Mladen:Yes I know that you will say that TMA Bands are not yours but Brian Millard`s...But you were the one to code them for us,so,you deserve my appreciative comments..And,I am not joking when I say that the few indicators I use,mostly, are yours.

Regards

S

Can't remember comparing the 2 but your right Simba, TMA for the most part better here TMA Bands (solid and white) and SSA Bands (dashed green and red) seems to be hugging the price and less overshoot,anyway this is adaptive TMA Bands, but using an older version of Mladen's TMA(can't figure out what to do with extra buffer on new version)Added his alerts also.

Files:
Reason: