Elite indicators :) - page 59

I've developed visual cross MAs tester.

Use with last version of AllAverages.

Files:

I want to explain something more to the members.

This indicator is giving you the information about profit/loss, equity in pips for some period of time:

Besides, if you move mouse on the crossing figure so you will get same information for any crossing.

For example, if I will use 2 indicators crossing:

- SMA with period = 10

- and SMA with period 20

since this date till now:

so I will get the profit (in pips) with balance and equity - written on my image by lines.

In this way we may backtest any MA kind of indicators crossing by one click:

// List of MAs:

// MA_Method= 0: SMA - Simple Moving Average

// MA_Method= 1: EMA - Exponential Moving Average

// MA_Method= 2: Wilder - Wilder Exponential Moving Average

// MA_Method= 3: LWMA - Linear Weighted Moving Average

// MA_Method= 4: SineWMA - Sine Weighted Moving Average

// MA_Method= 5: TriMA - Triangular Moving Average

// MA_Method= 6: LSMA - Least Square Moving Average (or EPMA, Linear Regression Line)

// MA_Method= 7: SMMA - Smoothed Moving Average

// MA_Method= 8: HMA - Hull Moving Average by Alan Hull

// MA_Method= 9: ZeroLagEMA - Zero-Lag Exponential Moving Average

// MA_Method=10: DEMA - Double Exponential Moving Average by Patrick Mulloy

// MA_Method=11: T3 - T3 by T.Tillson

// MA_Method=12: ITrend - Instantaneous Trendline by J.Ehlers

// MA_Method=13: Median - Moving Median

// MA_Method=14: GeoMean - Geometric Mean

// MA_Method=15: REMA - Regularized EMA by Chris Satchwell

// MA_Method=16: ILRS - Integral of Linear Regression Slope

// MA_Method=17: IE/2 - Combination of LSMA and ILRS

// MA_Method=18: TriMAgen - Triangular Moving Average generalized by J.Ehlers

// MA_Method=19: VWMA - Volume Weighted Moving Average

// List of Prices:

// Price = 0 - Close

// Price = 1 - Open

// Price = 2 - High

// Price = 3 - Low

// Price = 4 - Median Price = (High+Low)/2

// Price = 5 - Typical Price = (High+Low+Close)/3

// Price = 6 - Weighted Close = (High+Low+Close*2)/4

// Price = 7 - Heiken Ashi Close

// Price = 8 - Heiken Ashi Open

// Price = 9 - Heiken Ashi High

// Price =10 - Heiken Ashi Low

mladen:
Since igorad allready developed the AllAverages I think all we need is an addition of non repainting color coding to it to have complete averages package. This one is it PS: the color coding in this version works when time frame is set to current time frame (I feel it would unnecessarily complicate the code to add color coding in MTF mode too, and sincerely I hate to change or add too much to somebody else's code, it changes the logic of an indicator)

Am I going blind or is there no indicator attached?

Latest version is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235/page23

igorad:
I've developed visual cross MAs tester. Use with last version of AllAverages.

This is AWESOME tool Igor. Now you gave us the tool, who will have the patience to really test this and give us all the results for let's say all the possible settings, all the time frame on let`say only the majors and some cross? I don`t know how many possible combi their is and i am afraid to count.

Is the 10/20 sma cross is an optimal setting or did any one have found better settings? May you suggest some avenue or maybe we should all start making test and disclose results here or in a special thread here. Now that doesn`t count the different method like deviations, channels, shifted, bands or whatever i didn`t think of. I have not finish exploring all the possibilities of advanceama alone and now you gave us this monster!

Then again, maybe someone can make a program to check all the possibilities much faster and find the optimal value for each pair/time frame but it is no guarantee for futur results as everybody should know. Or maybe we might get surprised to find a robust 'one size fit all' ideal setting for most pair?

Linuxser:
There is no real agreement outside the most common fibo numbers (38.2 and 61.8, 1.618 and so on with extensions).

If you divide the consecutive numbers of a series you get the 0.618 or close if you divide the non consecutive numbers you get the 0.382 or close.

0.236 was added later (0.618/3).

But where 76.4 come from? more or less like the 23.6 (61.8 - 38.2) but the inverse 1 - 23.6 = 76.4

Problem is there is no only one way to achieve that number because 38.2 * 2 is 76.4 too

In fact all this matter creates some nice food for the brain.

At the beginning I was confused because some platforms shows another numbers like 78.6 and all kind of mess.

So, go to the source Linuxser. Books books and more books. And my conclusion is the 76.4 is the .....

I will complete the rest of this soon

I`m trying to trade exclusively with fibs too and i am very interested in every fibo related indicators.

Double stochastic ...

Stochastic of a stochastic :

Parameters (that are not usual) :

PriceField(prices chosen according to stochastic calculation not he usual price choices)

0 - low/high

1 - close/close

Double

true - calculates double stochastic

false - does not calculate double stochastic (same as regular stochastic)

All averages

Since igorad allready developed the AllAverages I think all we need is an addition of non repainting color coding to it to have complete averages package. This one is it

PS: the color coding in this version works when time frame is set to current time frame (I feel it would unnecessarily complicate the code to add color coding in MTF mode too, and sincerely I hate to change or add too much to somebody else's code, it changes the logic of an indicator)

Files:

Hull MACD

mrtools, maybe you should use this version of hull MACD

The reason is simple : the HMACD indicator calculates the same MACD 3 times

SignalMethodparameter :

0 - sma

1 - ema (default Appel original MACD)

2 - smma

3 - lwma

4 - hull

Files:
hull_macd.gif  16 kb
macd_hull.mq4  6 kb

Point of balance indicator

Deviation from Walter Downs indicator originally developed for tradestation is that this one allows adjustable level of midpoints seeking while the tradestation version does it only for level 10

Reason: