Moving Average - page 23

names confusion...

that's good MQ been experimenting and whant to be different, but it backfires - many people don't know or care - they might see different common indi values on diff platforms and say: "hey- which one is real!

joking aside

Now without any joking :

DMI in this case stands for Directional Movement Index

Now the Directional Movement is :

Wilder defines directional movement as the largest part of the current trading range that is outside the previous trading range. From a mathematical view, it is the largestvalue of the following differences: High - PreviousHigh or Low - PreviousLow

Directional movement is up or positive, when the difference between the highs is the greatest. It is down or negative when the difference between the lows is the largest value. Thus, the up directional movement is +DM, and down directional movement is -DM.

One of the versions of DMI I have saw lacks the Directional Movement itself (hence the joke that it is not and DMI but an I)

(missed the train about DMI (or I) - a different thread?)

Mladen, could you, please post the link to DMI discussion?

p.s. 'cause (I) didn't got the joke (from first time)

2. now i got it

3. thank you 4 explaining it

igorad:
Gift for Orthodox Easter - AllAverages_v1...
fxbs:
ND, Newmont - but you could leave note //added labels by TRO (or just //mod. ables added) no biggie, but to be fair -and mod is mod - see, if org. touched/changed/added,etc - if something might go wrong - it's not org - Author shouldn't bare responsibility(to be blamed)

It was different thing. Indicator was coded as a gift by Igorad for Easter (tomorrow). We can understand it in any way we want but it was and he said.

I just removed TRO big words in the beginning of indicator where TRO is asking for donations using Igorad's gift for Orthodox Easter and banned TRO.

You can modify the note in indicator concerning improvement.

I will not, sorry.

to delete note, words or whole attach - ok; but ND, you banned him?

it wasn't biggie - if you warn him - he could remove this donation info thing himself

fxbs:
to delete note, words or whole attach - ok; but ND, you banned him? it wasn't biggie - if you warn him - he could remove this donation info thing himself

I did not modify or remove TRO post and his donational info. I deleted his header on newmont's indicator. TRO post and his donational info is untouched. Read this post please https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178080/page5 (i even can not express in public what i am thinking about this case). No way for TRO to make money from Igorad's job. If someone need more details - PM please.

mystified:
I have been looking and testing different systems and indicators for the past 3 years sometimes up to 13 hours a day.I have a great passion for trading.Although the moving average crosses is not my trading style, I always look for different trading styles.I have looked into different type of moving average crosses ranging from JurikMA ,TilsonMA,HullMA ,Ehlers FAMA,FRAMA,smooth MA's,FATL,SATL, Kalman Filter, Digital signal processing filters,LSMA etc, etc, from ''birdeye'' wiev I think I have found the best cross.Any suggestions?

HI

What setting that you have in ur chart?

igorad:
Some time ago I had dispute with MQ concerning SMMA because their SMMA is Wilder MA in fact:

Wilder = Wilder[1] + 1/Period*(Price - Wilder[1])

Correct formula for Smoothed MA is:

SMMA = (Sum[1] - SMMA[1] + Price) / Period,

where

Sum[1] = SMA[1]*Period

SMA - Simple MA.

_______

and that's how they different on chart

also when price line cross WilderSMMA = rsi cross 50

Files:

ahmedazizelias:
HI What setting that you have in ur chart?

His chart cross-line looks like the popular 5-8 EMA-Close-Open, you may give it a try.

Reason: