HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 9

bhash:
guys which is the best hma so far till date anyone ? and whats the best period to use it with is the 20 period good ?

is the 20 period the default period used, and doe sit work good on the 15m ,

over all doe sit make 7 yo 8 wins out of 10 any experience would really help here with

Hi Bhash,

I would say the best HMA is the version from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page3.

bhash:
guys which is the best hma so far till date anyone ? and whats the best period to use it with is the 20 period good ?

is the 20 period the default period used, and doe sit work good on the 15m ,

over all doe sit make 7 yo 8 wins out of 10 any experience would really help here with

bhash

If you are looking for a 7 to 8 wins out of 10 trades you are close to looking for a holly grail. It is a true that a projection (prediction) for ema for a next bar is 90-93% accurate according to some studies, but that is a prediction for one bar only, and from my experience people tend to think that a change of a slope (trend) of some average means that the trend will last while it is not true in a lot of cases - the longer the period we try to "predict" the less accurate any "prediction" method will be

So, do not look for best period to use hma - each and every time frame and each and every symbol will have to have some separate settings. Better to look for combination of indicators and money management that will keep you afloat even when you are in a losing period

Enhanced Moving Average "EMA" 7 period, yellow, Hull Moving Average 7 period, cyan- 150 tick ES chart. (S&P e-mini contract). The 7 period is considered a critical hurdle for a moving average.

Just using this thread to see if anyone can explain in simple, non programmer, language, the reason for the 'speed' setting on the HMA.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Just using this thread to see if anyone can explain in simple, non programmer, language, the reason for the 'speed' setting on the HMA.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

It is simple : it is controlling one of the 3 lwma periods used in Hull average calculation (making it use shorter or longer period than the original Hull moving average calculation)

Thanks MLaden - I was hoping to get an earlier signal line (your hma s&r lines indi) to show on screen.

It appears to me when there is a wide variance of value in your line value (20 or more) then the reversal always seems worth taking. Does this make sense to you?

I am looking for a way to make the signal line earlier to pick up the reversals earlier.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks MLaden - I was hoping to get an earlier signal line (your hma s&r lines indi) to show on screen.

It appears to me when there is a wide variance of value in your line value (20 or more) then the reversal always seems worth taking. Does this make sense to you?

I am looking for a way to make the signal line earlier to pick up the reversals earlier.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

Then you should probably try to "speed it up"

Thanks, I will test it on setting 3 to test it.

TEAMTRADER

HMA arrows indicator

hma_arrows.mq4

Files:

tampa:
HMA arrows indicator hma_arrows.mq4

It needs this one too in order to work : Forex TSD - forex forum - Download HMA Color.mq4

Reason: