Elite indicators :) - page 484

Unable to load

mladen:
Nevar

Made it this way (made 2 versions - one "simple" posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page14 , and this advanced version) : in this one you can choose the symbols you want to see. Initially they are set to symbols from which dollar index is calculated, but you can choose whatever symbols you wish. Also, you are not limited to fixed number of symbols. For alerts you need at least 2 symbols and you can enter up to 8 symbols. Each and every symbol cross is examined and all in all it is maximum of 32 possible crosses. Also, since wpr is a rather "rude" indicator added jurik smoothing to make it a bit less "nervous". If you wish to turn the smoothing off simply set the SmoothPeriod to less than or equal to 1

=====================

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you for yet another "gem in the making"

However, I am not able to get the indicator to show.

I have selected EURUSD as prefix and GBPUSD as suffix, but it gets onto the chart, but without showing any lines.

Does it use Williams % Range or the Customized WPR as driver?

What am I doing wrong, plse? Thanks for replying.

Regards.

Repainting

mladen:
PS: never mind the question. Here is a histo version of Hodrick-Prescott filter no lambda and how it compares to HP_DIFF

==============

Hello Mladen,

This one repaints badly?

Just want you to be aware of it.

Regards,

ValeoFX

You do not enter symbol names in prefix and suffix. Symbols should be entered in the "Symbols" parameter

Prefix and suffix are for cases when symbols do have prefix or suffix "for example in "EURUSD.." ".." is a suffix)

ValeoFX:
=====================

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you for yet another "gem in the making"

However, I am not able to get the indicator to show.

I have selected EURUSD as prefix and GBPUSD as suffix, but it gets onto the chart, but without showing any lines.

Does it use Williams % Range or the Customized WPR as driver?

What am I doing wrong, plse? Thanks for replying.

Regards.

ValeoFX

Hodrix-Prescot filter is a recalculating indicator. I thought that by now everybody knows that. In many ways it is very similar to SSA (singular spectrum analysis) and is recalculating its values to fit best to the given data. So, it is not repainting but recalculating (I know that some will tell that it is the same, but it is not : repainting is a coding error, recalculating is a correctly coded mathematical model that is assuming that the data is stationary - and that is the reason why recalculating models should be used for estimation only, not for signals, but I thing that I am already boring with repeating the last phrase)

ValeoFX:
==============

Hello Mladen,

This one repaints badly?

Just want you to be aware of it.

Regards,

Thanks for replying..

mladen:
ValeoFX Hodrix-Prescot filter is a recalculating indicator. I thought that by now everybody knows that. In many ways it is very similar to SSA (singular spectrum analysis) and is recalculating its values to fit best to the given data. So, it is not repainting but recalculating (I know that some will tell that it is the same, but it is not : repainting is a coding error, recalculating is a correctly coded mathematical model that is assuming that the data is stationary - and that is the reason why recalculating models should be used for estimation only, not for signals, but I thing that I am already boring with repeating the last phrase)

======================

I am sure you must at times feel like pulling out your hair and I confess that I had forgotten about the "recalculation" - my sincerest apologies.

Thanks for both replies; much appreciated.

Best regards.

Regrettably...........

mladen:
ValeoFX

You do not enter symbol names in prefix and suffix. Symbols should be entered in the "Symbols" parameter

Prefix and suffix are for cases when symbols do have prefix or suffix "for example in "EURUSD.." ".." is a suffix)

================

I am still not able to load it, Mladen.

See my attached screen-print for what I have on it. Will not show and pushes my CPU over the limit.

Thanks for being patient with me.

ValeoFX

Try by using and adding one symbol at a time. In my experience some brokers do not have USDSEK (it is one of the six used for dollar index calculation) and that can slow you down, so try excluding symbol(s) that your broker does not have. It is almost 100% sure that USDSEK is causing problems to you but please check it the way described above

ValeoFX:
================

I am still not able to load it, Mladen.

See my attached screen-print for what I have on it. Will not show and pushes my CPU over the limit.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Tried again...

mladen:
ValeoFX Try by using and adding one symbol at a time. In my experience some brokers do not have USDSEK (it is one of the six used for dollar index calculation) and that can slow you down, so try excluding symbol(s) that your broker does not have. It is almost 100% sure that USDSEK is causing problems to you but please check it the way described above

============

I am only using EURUSD and GBPUSD and still the same problem. See attached screen-print from both Journal and Experts tabs for your kind information.

Thanks for helping out.

ValeoFX

On the upper picture your suffix should be set to "nb" (your broker has a suffix in symbols names)

And in the symbols enter just this EURUSD;GBPUSD

ValeoFX:
============

I am only using EURUSD and GBPUSD and still the same problem. See attached screen-print from both Journal and Experts tabs for your kind information.

Thanks for helping out.

Arrows on MVA Cross plse

Mladen,

Would you be kind enough to add an arrow-alert on the "MACD with floating levels", plse? When the MVA crosses the histogram that is.

Thanking you in advance.

Reason: