Elite indicators :) - page 282

a little help

Is it possible to make it so this particular MA not recaculate the last few bars when the last candle has closed? or as much? Also can some one tell me what kind of MA is it. Is their a MA that I can use that will move the same way? Please help. Im trying to build a decent MA cross and this SECF MA Faster Newline works perfect with what I am trying to do. It just throws me off sometimes.

Here is a picture of what I am trying to do. The NewLine MA is the blue Moving Average in the picture. It has the ability to stay in the center while most Moving averages kinda sit to the right of the candles. Please help me on this one.

Files:
cross.jpg  254 kb

That is variation of a centered triangular moving average with half length set to 3 and is using weighted price. You can read a lot about how centered triangular moving average works and how can it be used here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608

And also, it is a decompiled code

regards

Mladen

ismael360:
Is it possible to make it so this particular MA not recaculate the last few bars when the last candle has closed? or as much? Also can some one tell me what kind of MA is it. Is their a MA that I can use that will move the same way? Please help. Im trying to build a decent MA cross and this SECF MA Faster Newline works perfect with what I am trying to do. It just throws me off sometimes.

hello coders!

was wondering if someone could do their wonderful magic for alerts on the MA.

you know the usual. alert on current and alert on close with options for popup, email and sound options.

thanks in advance.

P.S.

have you ever seen indcators that do these things here?! i havent. i dont evne think the cycle counts/EW counts are based on zigzags.

Top Dog Indicators Intros - metatrader

read and watched his course. damn good stuff. never thought of the "five energies" before. now i do!

Files:

I'm sorry about posting a decompiled indicator. It was shared freely by the creator. The creator does not speak English and never explained how it works. Thank you Mladen for pointing me in the right direction.

Not arguing what you say but that version (since call of those sub-functions is typical (FirstCalc and NextCalc)) was originally created by scriptor and as far as I know scriptor died about 2 years ago. Changes made in scriptors code are simply errors (like the current value calculated on typical price while the rest of values calculated on weighted price, or that the current value is calculated as linear weighted moving average of half length while it has to be calculated as linear weighted moving average of half length + 1 - those errors were never a part of scriptors code).

The simple version (the one where the whole code takes just a couple of lines like these (and this is the whole calculation of centered triangular moving average - nothing else is needed as far as the calculation is concerned) :
for (i=limit;i>=0;i--)

{

double sum = (HalfLength+1)*iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,Price,i);

double sumw = (HalfLength+1);

for(j=1, k=HalfLength; j<=HalfLength; j++, k--)

{

sum += k*iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,Price,i+j);

sumw += k;

if (j<=i)

{

sum += k*iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,Price,i-j);

sumw += k;

}

}

buffer1 = sum/sumw;

}

was created by me

So, as far as I see, if someone told somewhere that he/she is the creator of that indicator, he/she is not telling the truth. Reasons told above (the "newly born" errors for example) are just one more reason to add to the obvious ones for not using or modifying decompiled code

But, since the issue about TMA is clarified long time ago, I guess it does not matter either as long as people know that and don't fall victims of people renaimg it and calling it some wonder names

regards

Mladen

ismael360:
I'm sorry about posting a decompiled indicator. It was shared freely by the creator. The creator does not speak English and never explained how it works. Thank you Mladen for pointing me in the right direction.

Hi Mladen,

have you already made any progress with a 'clean' asctrend?

Regards,

kalusao

mladen:
kalusao

You are right : only the mama value is calculated in mtf and the rest is not so it is a kind of a "mixed" indicator. Can you post the "MAMA_v1_modified" since I do not have it in order to convert it to "full mtf"?

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
mrtools

We're really close but it still misses some entries & exits. When I check the data window against the chart it looks correct for the indicator but the EA didn't react. See attached. I changed all mm to 0 to get clearer picture. The 2nd picture is the same 4h with the reentry selected, I was looking for that to be the false signal but NOT.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Ray

PS ME BAD! I found that if I remove the crossover check from all entries it works correctly on Backtest,

if (PcTrend > 0 //&& PcTrend1 < 0
but Now it could fail because its working off of the current bar, any Ideas ??

Only thing i can think of is something similar to what you did with the Keltner indicator call out is instead of 0 put a 1 there or put a shift, then in external parameters add the shift , extern int shift=1, or whatever number you choose then will make it user controlled which could be useful when testing.

hazelj80:
hello coders!

was wondering if someone could do their wonderful magic for alerts on the MA.

you know the usual. alert on current and alert on close with options for popup, email and sound options.

thanks in advance.

P.S.

have you ever seen indcators that do these things here?! i havent. i dont evne think the cycle counts/EW counts are based on zigzags.

Top Dog Indicators Intros - metatrader

read and watched his course. damn good stuff. never thought of the "five energies" before. now i do!

There is a very good all ma type here with alerts and nrp colors.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mrtools

We're really close but it still misses some entries & exits. When I check the data window against the chart it looks correct for the indicator but the EA didn't react. See attached. I changed all mm to 0 to get clearer picture. The 2nd picture is the same 4h with the reentry selected, I was looking for that to be the false signal but NOT.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Ray

PS ME BAD! I found that if I remove the crossover check from all entries it works correctly on Backtest,

if (PcTrend > 0 //&& PcTrend1 < 0

but Now it could fail because its working off of the current bar, any Ideas ??

PSS: IF I shift the ptrend to 1 back that seems to handle the backtest but only forward will tell the real story.

Thanks sorry for the Wasted time.

Ray

mrtools:
Hi Ray,

Called the indicator exactly how the external parameters are, then added Pctrend1 for the condition 1 bar before so for when say going from downtrend to uptrend would be

if ( Pctrend > 0 && Pctrend1 < 0) and the opposite of course for uptrend to downtrend not able to test now if this works i'm on my laptop and it doesn't have enough power while market is open so let me know if this works for you. Also keep up the good work, you were very close

ps) not sure if it will make much of a difference or not but changed the extern int SmoothPhase, to extern double SmoothPhase so you may want to redownload this indicator or change it yourself to be safe!
Reason: