Elite indicators :) - page 289

Valeo, I wanted to ask you since you have some expeirence using the Volatility Bands. Do you think them EA worthy?

Jurik smoothed?

mladen:
ValeoFX

"Volatility bands - percent & arrows" indicator is additionally smoothed by jurik filter. If you want to compare it to the ones you are comparing them, you have to set the smooth period to less then or equal to 1

Here is a comparison of the 3 :
with smooth length set to 2.5 (which is default in the indicator which you are using for comparison - violet colored one on the picture here) Differences are obvious even in this example

and without smoothing (no difference any more)

So, when compared with correct parameters, even compared to that version, everything is OK. The one that shows just arrows on chart is the one you posted originally and asked that particular one to be made to show just arrows, so, please, in that case compare it to the one that was used as a basis, otherwise you risk a confusion in results

regards

Mladen

=================

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for your reply and after opening up both indicators, I cannot find any mention of a "Jurik smoothed" version. As you know I am not a programmer and therefore have to rely on friends here to confirm things for me and I can assure you that the indicators I posted were all made by you and the defaults were 2.0 and not 2,5 as you mentioned here.

I have now tried (unsuccessfully) to get the results you say I should get by comparing the two and for one more stab at it, would you mind telling me where the "Jurik" comes into the one and not into the other? Secondly, is the Jurik in the latest "Volatility bands - percent arrows" or is it in the one I sent you (which I still use for the comparison) or is it in both and would you be kind enough to just tell me on which line I can see that reference, please.

It is most frustrating when I get the results that I want with the Oscillator, but not with the latest "Volatility bands - percent arrows" as my strategy works beautifully by using the Vol.Bands for which I have to thank you again.

Sincerely,

ismael360:
Valeo, I wanted to ask you since you have some expeirence using the Volatility Bands. Do you think them EA worthy?

Ismael, no I do NOT believe in EAs. You cannot get an EA to "see" the market as we see it in real time and after spending a long time (read 13 months) trying to develop one for my own strategy, I dumped the idea. I keep on testing them though just in case someone comes up with something "magic" so that I can have it run during the Asian session when I sleep. This far, no such success.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX

Here is a picture with an explanation (when you do that, then you can compare the two indicators)
The indicator you are comparing to the latest one is not the one you posted at your post where you requested to make just arrows and I used what you posted. Compare it to the one you posted (at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) and you will see that it shows arrows at the exact place where it has to show them
Files:

Many thx

mladen:
ValeoFX Here is a picture with an explanation (when you do that, then you can compare the two indicators)
The indicator you are comparing to the latest one is not the one you posted at your post where you requested to make just arrows and I used what you posted. Compare it to the one you posted (at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) and you will see that it shows arrows at the exact place where it has to show them

Many thanks Mladen. I will now have to do some major research all over again, as I liked the other one due to the alerts, etc.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend.

Has anyone ever seen an indicator like the one in this pic.....

Thanks

Ben

Files:

ValeoFX, thank you for your quick response. And please let us know how your research goes.

cci on jurik

Hi Mladen

are you able to make a MTf version of this indicator

many thanks

better still...these indicators are similar ..

Hi Mladen

would you be able to MTf the attached

thank you

theres a "FXSnipers_ErgodicCCI_TriggerAlertFast_mtf" version posted on https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Post #1944. that Mr Tool made. Im not sure how much different it is from the LC version.

Reason: