Elite indicators :) - page 196

Mladen

Thanks for the additions & improvements.

Ray

I did notice there was a little repainting. If that could be fixed, that would be great.

Thanks

Ben

mladen:
Ben

This is just a quick fix. Email was already there, it simply was commented out, The part about putting bars everywhere should be fixed too in this one.

But ... be careful with it. It uses future values in finding out the crosses, so keep in mind that in history it will look better than in real time. Because of this "future peeking" will see to make another one that will include the options you are looking for

regards

Mladen

altoronto

Here you go
As of additional time frames : that way you are trying can be done in only one case - if you have some separate script that is saving data in required format (the "M12" and "M18" are the ones that need to be done so), something similar to some range bar scripts. The "M18" can not be reconstructed from historical data, nor it can be "fitted naturally", so I it can not be done without anchoring, and any anchoring (or changing the anchoring) would cause repainting

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Hi Mladen, I tried to make histogram of HiLow Jurik but can't figure out why is not working can you take a look? Also can you change MTF part so I'll be able to add custom timeframes like I did in swingline indy,

string sTfTable[] = {"M1","M5","M12","M15","M18","M30","H1","H4","D1","W1","MN"};

int iTfTable[] = {1,5,12,15,18,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200};

Thank you in advance.

mladen:
altoronto Here you go
As of additional time frames : that way you are trying can be done in only one case - if you have some separate script that is saving data in required format (the "M12" and "M18" are the ones that need to be done so), something similar to some range bar scripts. The "M18" can not be reconstructed from historical data, nor it can be "fitted naturally", so I it can not be done without anchoring, and any anchoring (or changing the anchoring) would cause repainting

regards

Mladen

I am using it on M18 OFFLINE chart and I managed swingline and other indicators to work with it, except HiLow Jurik cause TF code in it is different then in swingline TF. So if you can replicate it as is in Swingline it will work in my case.

Thank you in advance.

mtf

hi mladen

mtf

interpolate

thanks

Files:

non lag Atr

Made a non lag Atr then added it to mtf TMA Bands alerts, quite a difference from regular Atr and non lag version as you can see in this picture the red is non lag and white is regular.

One thing is atr multiplier needs to be set something like .002 ish to .005 ish range to get the bands similar to picture.

Mladen, I saw you already added that part of MTF, please disregard my previous post about it. Many thanks as always.

mladen:
ValeoFX

It simply calculates the distance of the arrow from high or low and takes care of a "visual appearance" of the arrow (so that it looks as if it is drawn at approximately same distance on every symbol and every time frame)

This way of calculating distance for an arrow is good since it does not depend on symbol nor does it depend on time frame. Just an example :

let say that an arrow is drawn at 10 pips distance on 15 minute EURUSD chart and it looks good. Now imagine same 10 pips distance on a weekly chart : the arrow would be "glued" (visually) to bar and it really looks messy.

====================

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you for the explanation; it now makes sense when I see some arrows inside the bar and others further away from it. Only drawback is that in an UP-ward move, the candle sometimes is not shown until one adjust the screen a little.

Appreciate your help.

Ben

While trying to make a usable indicator of it noticed a single line that I did not pay attention to before (I usually check those but this time I did not) It is line 82 in the code of the original indicator you posted
for(i = 0; i <= limit; i++) { [/php]
It means that it is one more case of "Solar wind" calculation : it calculates from future to past and keeps values as if they were past. My best advice would be to forget about that indicator. It is not worth spending time at it. Making it work as it should is not going to give signals you expect (it will, due to the nature of EMA speed differences, give signals when RSI 50 crosses 50 line up or down - you can try it : just replace that "famous" line with this one :
[php] for(i = limit; i >=0; i--) {
and then compare it to RSI 50 of close. You will get something like this :
As you can see, it more or less, is simply signaling RSI 50 crosses (even with a future peek)

regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
I did notice there was a little repainting. If that could be fixed, that would be great.

Thanks

Ben
Files:
spotter.gif  15 kb

Hi mladen,

Thanks so much for looking at that code. That's good to know...and I'll move on. I was trying to make it do something that is was not intended for anyway.

So here is what I'm doing with RSI and MACD...I'm using both for a determination of trend on H4. RSI (50) and MACD 5-20-55. When they both confirm for two consecutive bars on H4, that's something I'm interested in. Nothing too innovative really...two very commonly used indicators to identify a potential trend change...and on H4 where there is time to react and then pick an entry spot on a lower timeframe.

For example, RSI (50) moves below 50 (or zero if using some type of histogram). This is the main determining factor. Then I look at MACD 5-20-55. If MACD is now below the zero line for two consecutive bars, then that interests me. If MACD oscillates above and belwo zero while RSI (50) is below 50, then each time MACD moves below the zero line for two consecutive bars, that's another signal. MACD or RSI can cross first, it does not matter. What matters is the fact that they are both in agreement for two consecutive bars.

For a long trend, it's simply the reverse.

Here are a few pics of EURUSD since May of this year...so you can have a visual of what I'm talking about. I just noticed that these pics use the wrong MACD setting. The result is not that different that what i use, so I won't bother to update.

I missed a few of the conditions, but I hope you get the idea.

So, ideally the indicator would do this:

On H4 it draws an arrow when the above conditions are met...say a pale blue when alert is in progress but bar not closed...and a bright blue when bar is closed and signal is then fixed.

On smaller TF, it draws the same arrow, but in a different color until the H4 timeframe is closed...maybe with a timer to let you know how long until the H4 bar close. I like the vertical lines also...so an option to use vertical lines instead of arrows, with different colors for long and short trend, is a nice to have option.

And e-mail and alert notifications too.

That seems like so much to ask for....my trading is not bad....but my programming skills are pretty much non-existent. I have no idea if you have the time or inclination to build this for me. If so, I thank you so much in advance.

Cheers

Ben

mladen:
Ben While trying to make a usable indicator of it noticed a single line that I did not pay attention to before (I usually check those but this time I did not) It is line 82 in the code of the original indicator you posted
for(i = 0; i <= limit; i++) { [/php]
It means that it is one more case of "Solar wind" calculation : it calculates from future to past and keeps values as if they were past. My best advice would be to forget about that indicator. It is not worth spending time at it. Making it work as it should is not going to give signals you expect (it will, due to the nature of EMA speed differences, give signals when RSI 50 crosses 50 line up or down - you can try it : just replace that "famous" line with this one :
[php] for(i = limit; i >=0; i--) {
and then compare it to RSI 50 of close. You will get something like this :
As you can see, it more or less, is simply signaling RSI 50 crosses (even with a future peek)

regards

Mladen
Reason: