Elite indicators :) - page 189

Thanks mladen!

I have an indicator which is much more "selective" concerning when is the right time to buy or sell, but even this gives too many false signals on one timeframe. Even so when I have 2, 3, or more timeframes with just this one indicator on them and when they all agree, ....watch out because pips are coming your way.

Problem is that I can't watch the charts from 2am to noon without falling asleep and missing the moves.

Anyway, this indicator as you may already know is based on ma with cci and rsi colored on it. Next step down the road may be to take advantage of it's undoubted usefulness along with the approach you just posted and for instance when this more selective indi. says to buy on say 3 timeframes, - 1m 5m 15m for instance - enter.

...So in future perhaps it would go like this; check ma angle on 3 timeframes, check indicator color on these timeframes, then buy or sell if conditions fulfilled. Sounds more like an EA, but the key I think is the selectivity plus the 3 agreeing timeframes. Less signals but good ones that run away from entry.

Anyway thanks again and continue to brainstorm this if you can as I think it has much merit.

P.S. My intention with the request was to capture nice moves like the one below:

Excellent, mladen!!!

I like the "allerts". Nice touch, and be sure to copyright that.

Thank you!!!

Hello mladen

Hello mladen,

Can adding crossing alerts and arrows on current chart?

please,thanks

Files:
adx_trend.mq4  7 kb

mladen,

Would it be possible to make an All ADX Trend like yours All Wilder's DMI?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
Just in case ... In case someone is wondering what is the basic logic behind the adxvma indicator, here is one middle step of it that might be as useful as the indicator itself. (there are additional steps after this one, so do not compare the 2 indicators, but this step seems particularly interesting)

If it seems familiar to anyone, the answer is "yes". It seems that it is the power trend indicator (the "real" power trend, not the ones that are posted and published as it - of this I am not 100% sure (all I have seen from the "real" one are pictures of it), but it sure as hell looks a lot like it)

trendstrength jurik

This is a jurik mod of Trendstrength RMD added mtf and with alerts also a channel version that is mtf with alerts.

Mrtools,

can you share the indicator on the chart

look like a fibo level indi..

thanks

Hello Mladen,

is it possible to have "CustomCandle (post1892) but not in MTF just in number of candles?

Example: every 10 candles, a new candle.

It is we who define what time will start the first candlestick, so that the setting is much simple.

A post of a member of a French forum gave me an idea, for now, it's very impressive, but this indicator will facilitate my testing.

If it's confirmed, I will share with the community.

Regards

Gafet

Wow,

Mr tools, great indi mods - thank you so much!

Odysseus

mrtools:
This is a jurik mod of Trendstrength RMD added mtf and with alerts also a channel version that is mtf with alerts.

#DTosc version ???

mladen:
newtrader100

Here is the "first step".

What this indicators does :
it finds out the trends from a desired time frames (assignable through TimeFrames parameter), multiplies each time frame trend with its weight (assignable though TimeFramesWeightsparameter) and adds them up to get an "over all" trend. Here is an example of 9 time frames NonLagMA trend :
What it (still) does not do :
It does not alert. The problem is that in one moment more than 1 time frames trend can change and then it can change way back the overall trend (just imagine : one month trend changes and changes "trend score" back 1 month (since all have to be changed). Will try to solve this (to be able to uniquely identify when an alert should be triggered, but so far no idea how to solve this "back changing" issue when alerts are concerned) i can alert when alertsLevelis reached, but then you can get alerts on every new bar and not just the first time the desire level is reached

Try it in run time and you will see what am I talking about. But I think that even like this it can be a useful indicator

PS: indicator requires to be attached to at least the smallest time frame chosen from time frames parameter (that is the only way how "historical trends" can be calculated accurately)

PPS: added a version that alerts once per direction (so if it reaches up, it will alert and until down is not reached it will not alert up any more and vice versa)

regards

mladen

================================

Mladen, I had a look at this indicator and the first question that jumped into my mind is.............can you not do this with the #DTosc ? What I would like to see with the DTosc though is an option to select the TFs such as M1, M5, M15 and M30 on M1-TF and one step up for M5-TF. It is of no use to me to look at anything larger than H1-TF as I am an intra-day Trader.

Would you care to tell me whether this can be done successfully and if so, would you mind putting such an indicator together?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Files:
dtosc.mq4  5 kb
Reason: