Elite indicators :) - page 172

This is a Jurik smooth version of a moving average ribbon

As I already said in the public section, plotting a difference of a 2 averages is in fact a macd, so this one could be treated as a kind of a "on chart" jurik smooth macd
PS: mtf and alerts already done (as an example a 15 minute ribbon on that same 5 minute chart).

Hi,

Could somebody add alerts to the attached Support and Resistance MTF Trend Line Break indicator?

Basically I want the indicator to alert when price closes above/below the trendline of the timeframe or timeframes I choose.

Please make the alerts so that I can choose to display trendlines of for example of five TF but choose alerts for only two.

Thanks,

Jim

Files:
tlb_oc_v02.mq4  22 kb

Hi Mladen,

I posted the fibo piv indicator last week. You do not need to work on it. I just found it, it was posted on forex-tsd one year ago. The search engines did not pick it up. I am sorry if I have bothered you.

Best wishes

Schaff Trendcycle1

mladen,

I was trying to the add the smoothing effect of one of your "SchaffTrendcycle1" indicator to one that changes color but I failed badly. I left the text of changes in the new indicaror "Schaff Trend Cycle nrp". I was woundering if you could help me correct it.

Thank You

Ray

traderduke

Here you go

The basic problem you had is that you ran into an 8 buffers limitation and that is why it did not work (even though you declared one additional buffer, it was actually not existing (you could eventually see it in run time errors - the "invalid buffer index" error) so room for that additional buffer needed to be made

Anyway, here it is (compared the "old" one up with the new one down)
PS: if you set the smoothing CDPeriod to 1, you are going to get the original (un-smoothed) Schaff trend cycle (so you have all the bases covered, sort of speeking)

regards

mladen

traderduke:
mladen,

I was trying to the add the smoothing effect of one of your "SchaffTrendcycle1" indicator to one that changes color but I failed badly. I left the text of changes in the new indicaror "Schaff Trend Cycle nrp". I was woundering if you could help me correct it.

Thank You

Ray

Correlations - macd to price

These indicators are a part of a test and might be useful in a couple of things.

Original idea came from metastock (I saw in their "formula primer" that they gave an example of correlating macd to price) This one is what is closest to their correlation (and Tradestations correlation) and is putting macd and a chosen price into correlation. The nature of this correlation demands smoothing (result smoothing by all means - set PosCorrSmoothPeriod to 0 and you will see what I mean), and I decided not to use the simple moving average used by metastock in their version but to use Jurik smooth
Immediately a "stronger version" : instead of using the correlation used in the previous, this one uses Pearson correlation. The interesting thing is that it is obvious that without smoothing the correlation is rather poor (just see the comparison : upper is without price smoothing, lower is with a 5 period price smoothing)

To remind : correlation -1 in this case would mean that there is no correlation (translated to other kind of talking it would be what we know as divergence)

Correlations - RSI to price

A RSI to price version of Pearson correlation

Interesting is the high correlation even without any smoothing

Correlations - Stochastic to price

A Stochastic to price version of Pearson correlation

And a logical result : correlation is not that high as one would expect taking into account the wide spread usage of Stochastic
That would be it for now. Appart from seeking for divergences, I think that these indicators are showing a bit more : nature of some indicators and what we should or shouldn't expect of some of the indicators (or can we use some of them for divergences or not)

A pleasant weekend to all

Alert when both ADX and +/-DI slope up

mladen,

Thanks again so very much for your amazing work.

If it doesn't already exist, might you cook up an alert for ADX that alerts when both ADX line and DI plus/minus line slope up?

And if it's not alot of extra work, perhaps with optional additional confirmation from upsloping deviations?

...Might be getting into EA territory here...

Thanks again and again for your previous help!

Files:

Average Directional Movement Index

Hi Mladen

Average Directional Movement Index

Non Or Interpolate

MultiTimeFrame

Thanks

Reason: