Elite indicators :) - page 178

Swingline EA??

Mladen,

I put swingline into an EA but the Indicator has a mind of its own. I tried swingline but I can't see a 1 or -1 on the indicator so I tried swinglinehist, there I can see the 1 in buffer 0 or 1.The results are good but not reasonable or visual (see attached picture) or understandable.

Can you tell me where I went wrong??

Thanks

Ray

mladen:
Ray

It is rather sneaky

How this indicator works is the following :
- if it is the current time frame, it calculates values, draws them to chart and that is all

- if it is demanded to draw other time frame than the current chart time frame, then it calls itself twice :

• first to check how many bars of the target time frame need to be recalculated (by setting the TimeFrame parameter to "returnBars")
  • then it calls itself again to calculate the values in the target time frame (by setting the TimeFrame parameter to "calculateValue") and then uses those values to draw them on a current time frame chart
That way, in some cases it behaves as if it is 3 separate indicators instead on just one

Buffers swdaand swdbare switchable - they are used to draw the color in an non-repainting way and it does not matter what is their order (as a matter of fact, in calculate mode it is completely irelevant in which order the buffers are arranged, since the indicator is never going to draw the values on chart in that mode, the only criteria is that they should be accessible from other code at a proper manner). In EA all you need is to read the trend buffer. The simplest way would be to call it this way :

currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,targetTimeFrame,"RK-Swingline","calculateValue",1,y);

[/php]That is the only value you need.

If that value is 1 than the trend is up, if that value is -1 then the trend is down (like in this example : attached it as a separate indicator too, but all you need is the part from the start routine and you can use it equally in EA too

[php]//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| call example |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#property indicator_chart_window

//

//

//

//

//

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

int start()

{

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,0,"RK-Swingline","calculateValue",1,0);

if (currentTrend==-1)

Comment("Swing line trend down");

else Comment("Swing line trend up");

return(0);

}

regards

Mladen

High Probability Zone Indicator

hi mladen,

I came across this article recently in the Fibonacci Trade Journal, and the results look very promising.

How difficult would it be to either modify the pivot indicator you created to be able to display these levels, or create something based on Robert Kausze's calculations?

If this looks interesting to you, and you have time to work on it, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Fudo

Files:
ftj14.pdf  524 kb

Ray,

In the EA you are using a "open bar signal". Signals on an open bar can (and are) change and I think that some of those orders happened that way. If you want to avoid signal changing you should use a closed bar signal but that would add lag to some orders.

Frankly, since you are having good results, maybe you should continue the work in the direction you started already (so on opened bar as it is now). Percents are reasonable (for a trend following system - and this is a trend following system, they are even excellent since trend following systems often go under 30-40% of profitable trades) It is obvious that the winning orders are making up for the loosing ones and the way you done it, even an entry that is false is not causing too big loss (at least they are recovered in a profit)

Keep up the good work

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

I put swingline into an EA but the Indicator has a mind of its own. I tried swingline but I can't see a 1 or -1 on the indicator so I tried swinglinehist, there I can see the 1 in buffer 0 or 1.The results are good but not reasonable or visual (see attached picture) or understandable.

Can you tell me where I went wrong??

Thanks

Ray

Interpolate AllAverages

Hello,

it`s possible to add interpolate function to the AllAverages indicator.

Thank you very much,

patona

Files:

Where can I find the RK-MACD Alert indicator?

Searched for it to no avail.

Thanks in advance for guidance,

San.

Swingline EA-complete

Mladen,

I tried the 1 bar back and its a killer. Your right I should be happy with the fact that it can win, "in Backtest'. I'll try it demo then live and I'll let you know how it performs. I have added the MACD and Keltner Channel to the entry and exit, it seems to help. The Keltner has an ATR input added and the MACD is a non-repaint.

I'm providing the ea system to all in an effort to payback and payforward.

Remember the image I posted earlier was a "RENKO-10 pip test"

Please test and lets keep in touch.

Thanks again for all your guidence

Ray

mladen:
Ray,

In the EA you are using a "open bar signal". Signals on an open bar can (and are) change and I think that some of those orders happened that way. If you want to avoid signal changing you should use a closed bar signal but that would add lag to some orders.

Frankly, since you are having good results, maybe you should continue the work in the direction you started already (so on opened bar as it is now). Percents are reasonable (for a trend following system - and this is a trend following system, they are even excellent since trend following systems often go under 30-40% of profitable trades) It is obvious that the winning orders are making up for the loosing ones and the way you done it, even an entry that is false is not causing too big loss (at least they are recovered in a profit)

Keep up the good work

regards

Mladen

swingline

Mladen,

How can I get Swingline to show the 1 or -1 in the data window. I like to study a indicator as it works and see the signal changes during the candle.

I've tried several buffer ideas but none are working.

Can it be done??

Ray

Files:

Ray

Here you go
regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

How can I get Swingline to show the 1 or -1 in the data window. I like to study a indicator as it works and see the signal changes during the candle.

I've tried several buffer ideas but none are working.

Can it be done??

Ray

Dear Mladen,

can you add alarm when price hits lower or upper band?

many thanks,

bbjurek

Mladen,

thank You, vielen dank, spasiba, dziekuję,

i have no words...

bbjurek

Reason: