Alarm Custom Indicator For Horizontal Lines - page 4

All MACD is on this links' collection thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018

There are some with alert too.

is there a script that draw horizontal lines from data in a text file?

Hi

I want a Script(or EA) that when executes , draws 5 horizontal lines on active chart in mt4 that levels and colors of them are in a text file for example MT4 installed Dir\expert\files\lines.txt

can anyone help me how to do that?

thanks

Looking for this too, but with an email alert

quantwannabee:
Hello. I am looking for a simple horizontal line alert for seperate Indicator window(NOT the chart portion). I want to use it for my predefined levels on indicators that use a seperate window(MACD,RSI,Stochs etc. It would need to conform to levels either by drag and drop or manual input Exp(-5 etc) Thanks

I am looking for this too. Seems hard to find since it is an alert for a horizontal line in an INDICATOR window. Can anybody help? I've been looking for quite some time but haven't found one yet. I would like for it to alert by sending an email.

Thanks!

10+

In metatrader 4 it can not be done.

The problem is that in metatrader 4 you can not specify "previous indicator data" as a source for custom indicator values-prices, and that way, even if you draw it in a correct sub-window, it will not be aware of the values of the indicator in that sub-window

Anyway, posting this indicator (some time ago we had some problem with alerts that were just for horizontal lines). This one works for a regular trend line (you can set it to be horizontal by simply dragging its points) with all the choices of alerts needed : message, sound, email and if it should check values on a current (opened) bar or previous (already closed) bar. It works on main chart and it is checking close price for crosses of the trend line. To have multiple instances, give a LineName parameter unique value and then you can have as much instances as you wish on a same chart

10+YearTrader:
I am looking for this too. Seems hard to find since it is an alert for a horizontal line in an INDICATOR window. Can anybody help? I've been looking for quite some time but haven't found one yet. I would like for it to alert by sending an email.

Thanks!

10+
Files:

Thanks for this great share my friend

did you find this alert? i'm looking for this too. thanks

xenon44:
a MACD indicator which makes alert sound when it reaches specific value of MACD,like 0.002 . Good luck to all

did you find this alert? i'm looking for this too. thanks

Req: Alert (email) when last candle closes within 10 pips of drawn horizontal line

Hi, everyone.

I'm new to Forex (relatively) and need some coding help. I have previously coded in C++ (on a beginner-intermediate level) - so I can adapt it slightly if I have to. I am looking to use an indicator that will send an email to me when the closing price of the last candle closes within 10 pips of a horizontal line (which I use as support/resistance).

I have looked around the forum and found a few examples of horizontal line proximity or crossing indicators but either I didn't look deep enough or I couldn't adapt it to what I want to do.

One thing that I also want it to do is to keep sending me alerts every time price closes within 10 pips of the horizontal line (not a 1 time thing) - I use longer term trading so it won't bother me to get an indication every hour or 4 hours...

Thank you for your help and I hope one day to repay you with some of my own indicators (or modifications).

Many pips to all!

Sageone:
Hi, everyone.

I'm new to Forex (relatively) and need some coding help. I have previously coded in C++ (on a beginner-intermediate level) - so I can adapt it slightly if I have to. I am looking to use an indicator that will send an email to me when the closing price of the last candle closes within 10 pips of a horizontal line (which I use as support/resistance).

I have looked around the forum and found a few examples of horizontal line proximity or crossing indicators but either I didn't look deep enough or I couldn't adapt it to what I want to do.

One thing that I also want it to do is to keep sending me alerts every time price closes within 10 pips of the horizontal line (not a 1 time thing) - I use longer term trading so it won't bother me to get an indication every hour or 4 hours...

Thank you for your help and I hope one day to repay you with some of my own indicators (or modifications).

Many pips to all!

Hello Sageone,

Moved you here, Think on post#35 very close to what your looking for.

ps) found another thread here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172989

looks like post #22 you might find interesting

mrtools:
Hello Sageone,

Moved you here, Think on post#35 very close to what your looking for.

ps) found another thread here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172989

looks like post #22 you might find interesting

Thanks for the info.

I looked into this thread before and the thing is that I have maybe 10-12 horizontal (support/resistance) lines on my chart. I need the mt4 to verify each bar on the close if it is near one of those horizontal lines. Also, I manually add an extra line about once a month and want it to "auto-update" so that basically any horizontal line on the chart will be verified on the close of the candle for proximity.

Basically a proximity sensor which will either notify me (I can write the if statement) to either take or not take the trade.

In terms of verifying the candle close, I can do that.

I need help creating or editing something that will verify if the close is within 10 pips of the support/resistance level.

I'm also working on a confirmation for entry once a bar plows through one of these. So I would need something to check if a horizontal line is crossed (I can write the if statement on this as well - because I have a number of criteria that I need to be verified before emailing me)

So in short. here's what I'm looking for:

1) a verification if a candle closes within x pips (10 in my case) of any horizontal line, new or old

2) a verification if a candle has crossed though a horizontal line, on the close

Thanks to all coders or anyone who can point me in the right way

Hi at all,

I'm search but I can't find an indicator that send an alert when the candle close above or below a horizontal line or a trendline.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Reason: