Elite indicators :) - page 169

derfel
derfel  

T3_Momentum Burst + mtf 2

Dear mladen,

thanks for your solution. Roughly that is what I thought. Please see the pic below. It is is taken from a 1min TF.

1. row = 1 min (blue)

2. row = 1 min (blue) + 5 min (green)

Inside the combined indi (2.row) the "bigger" (green) TF looks fine. But the "smaller" TF (blue) is very small and so very hard to spot. If it would be possible to enlarge this line or to keep the size from the "original" like in the 1.row would be fine. Is that possible to make ?

Thanks

derfel

Files:
mom_1and2.jpg 65 kb
newtrader100
newtrader100  

mladen,

Can you make an alert when standard deviations is heading up on two edit or more timeframes as in the pic. below?

(This morning 26.4 scalp pips using bbandwidthratio alert which is really just standard deviations)

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Derfel,

I am afraid that there is no simple solution for what you want

Let me explain : the values you are seeing are real values of those time frames. They are "centered" around zero line and thus they are showing exact values without distortion (that is a nature of momentum : higher time frame momentum is almost always greater than lower time frame momentum - the peaks of them) Making them "equal" is not possible without value change and / or slopes deformation

Here is an example (attaching the indicator that does that) : you can apply some fixed multiplier to any of the time frames, but then the value is lost and in some situations, due to the way how metatrader draws indicators, it is going to cause "flattening" of one of the indicators (on the picture upper is the original and lower is with a lower time frame multiplied with 2 : as you can see the higher time frame is "flattened" compared to the upper
Normalization can bring them to same ranges, but normalization "deforms" the slopes. And example : a "raw stochastic" 30 period normalization applied - compare the lower to the upper
Any other method of normalization is going to give similar results

Conclusion : there is no method that could bring them to same ranges without deformation of some kind. Try these out, but this is more or less the best that can be done regarding the problem of bringing them to same range of values

regards

mladen

derfel:
Dear mladen,

thanks for your solution. Roughly that is what I thought. Please see the pic below. It is is taken from a 1min TF.

1. row = 1 min (blue)

2. row = 1 min (blue) + 5 min (green)

Inside the combined indi (2.row) the "bigger" (green) TF looks fine. But the "smaller" TF (blue) is very small and so very hard to spot. If it would be possible to enlarge this line or to keep the size from the "original" like in the 1.row would be fine. Is that possible to make ?

Thanks

derfel
derfel
derfel  

T3_Momentum Burst + mtf 2 with multiplier

Hi mladen,

mission fulfilled.

Your solution is a great help. Thank you for your work and your plain explanations.

derfel]

newtrader100
newtrader100  

Scalped 34.9 pips this morning with standard deviations.

I think this would be veryconsistent with an alert.

Files:
Fudomyo
Fudomyo  

hi mladen,

I hope you had a nice weekend.

I have a question about the Pivot Indicator you created. Can you make it so the level lines start at the last candle and line up on the left side of the chart (like in box on the chart below?)

When I load up the Monthly, Weekly, Daily, and Hourly Pivots on the same chart it's a bit complicated to read.

Thanks!

Fudo

Files:
pivot.gif 20 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

newtrader

Here it is

Some changes : added smoothing to avoid some "roughness" of standard deviations. If you want to turn the smoothing off, just set the Smooth period to equal or less than 1. The parameter of interest to you is the alertsBarsInSameDirectionparameter. In it you specify the number of bars that have the same direction after direction change. If that number of bars is met, alerts is raised. Counting is done in the target time frame (this is a mtf indicator already)
Tested it and as far as I see it works OK

regards

mladen

newtrader100:
mladen,

Can you make an alert when standard deviations is heading up on two edit or more timeframes as in the pic. below?

(This morning 26.4 scalp pips using bbandwidthratio alert which is really just standard deviations)
newtrader100
newtrader100  

Thank you kind sir!

killerpips
killerpips  

a newbie

Good morning,

As many others before me i`m a newbie, but my english is not too good as it`s not my native language. I just registered and first want to congratulate all the staff for this work. I have noticed that there is an advanced elite, but a little bit expensive for me.

Right, i have spent the whole day going through the forum and have download many files and try many types of indicators but i didn`t find something which fit with me. I`m try to set sth on the H4 timeframe, very simple, not too many signal but some sure signals. I have dowload the indicator for mandarine system and will try it these days on H1.

I wanted to know if it`s the correct place to make some suggestion, i`m interesting in sth like this system daily20pips.com, sorry for the external link, i don`t know if it is allowed. I have found it simple and interesting, and the EA can be interesting, can someone help me to tweak it? Is it allowed ?

Thank you

chris1010
chris1010  

Mladen,

Could you please consider this request? Please advise if it is not workable. Feel free to send me a PM. Thanks. Chris

QUOTE=chris1010;359215]mladen,

Hi. Could you please add email alerts to this one? It would alert only after the swing point, has been painted and closed. For example,

1. the swing point bar is painted two bars after its close

2. whenever the bar is painted permanently I would like the alert

I don't know if the swing point bar is painted permanently at the beginning of the second bar, during the second bar's movement, or after the second bar's close.

Secondly, is there a way to put a RISK setting in the Inputs tab? I have seen some indicators with one. This would provide more flexibility and experimentation to me when trying TTM with different timeframes, etc.

Thank you.

Files: