Elite indicators :) - page 1188

PascalD:
Can it be multi time frame?

PascalD

This is just the first step - this one can use adaptive averages (for all except for recursive moving trend line - which can not be made adaptive), so now the combination 2 of 134 types of averages can be used for "ribbon" (since it is not a ribbon any more, but I decided to keep the name) : averages_ribbon_2_2.ex4

mladen:

PascalD

This is just the first step - this one can use adaptive averages (for all except for recursive moving trend line - which can not be made adaptive), so now the combination 2 of 134 types of averages can be used for "ribbon" (since it is not a ribbon any more, but I decided to keep the name) : averages_ribbon_2_2.ex4

Dearest MLADEN,

much thanks for a all in one universal ribbon class indicator,when you decided ribbon then it is ribbon,you glued shift one side level so nicely,as you told it is first step so i hope some thing will be done in next update with this level too for to make it more mirco adjustable.:)

regards

mladen:

PascalD

mladen mntiwana Good news for me guys) I wanted to try to install indis that don't work on my PC at my girlfriend's laptop today, but first i've done it on my mom's PC) And it worked! Both ribbon and 7.7 averages are good here. (There was never any of the MT4 instances installed here before on this PC). This PC (my mom's) got Win XP, on My PC - I got Win 7. Mladen, there gotta be some problems with dll, or some other conflict. What would you suggest me to do? To Re-install Winows? Or maybe i can try to restore my Win 7 to some month ago data?

Files:

mladen:

Here is a version of that same version 4_1 with some additions and some fixes : stepma_averages_4_11.ex4

Dear Mladen when i compare the high/low price for the same parameters of StepMa averages 4_1 and StepMa averages 4_11 indicators i see differences.

Is the version 4_11 (assuming that the version 4_1 had a small error at the high/low price) final and the correct one? Can you please clarify? Thanks as always.

Fresh_Prince:

mladen mntiwana Good news for me guys) I wanted to try to install indis that don't work on my PC at my girlfriend's laptop today, but first i've done it on my mom's PC) And it worked! Both ribbon and 7.7 averages are good here. (There was never any of the MT4 instances installed here before on this PC). This PC (my mom's) got Win XP, on My PC - I got Win 7. Mladen, there gotta be some problems with dll, or some other conflict. What would you suggest me to do? To Re-install Winows? Or maybe i can try to restore my Win 7 to some month ago data?

Fresh_Prince

I am working with windows 7 for the last year (and a bit longer) and all the tests were made on windows 7 and I do not have any problems using any of the indicators. Dlls are not a problem (otherwise the metatrader terminal would have stopped the execution of the code). You have to check some other things (maybe your antivirus is protecting you against yourself - I had some cases like that in the past )

mandagozu81:

Dear Mladen when i compare the high/low price for the same parameters of StepMa averages 4_1 and StepMa averages 4_11 indicators i see differences.

Is the version 4_11 (assuming that the version 4_1 had a small error at the high/low price) final and the correct one? Can you please clarify? Thanks as always.

mandagozu81

Use the version 4_11 (as it was explained it solved some issues of previous versions)

Averages ribbon made multi time frame : averages_ribbon_2_2_mtf.ex4

PS: the example is 14 and 15 double smoothed EMA. The rest is default. I find that periods close to each other (like that example - just one period difference) are producing results that are very usable.

Of course that some parameters experimenting is recommended, but this usage (when the periods are so close) made me change the appearance of the "ribbon" to the current one and allows us more experimenting now. I even changed my all time preferred symbol for example since I was checking how it performs on other symbols and with same settings it is not bad at all - on a 1 hour chart it cleanly catches all the major trend changes and makes it a as-simple-as-it-gets candidate for trending system (please do remember that by definition in trending systems 80% of trades can be negative but the rest of the trades are taking your equity into positive areas, do not expect from trending system to have 100% winning ratio, even though on some of the symbols with the above settings it resembles to grail like system). Use proper MM in any case

mladen:
Averages ribbon made multi time frame : averages_ribbon_2_2_mtf.ex4

PS: the example is 14 and 15 double smoothed EMA. The rest is default. I find that periods close to each other (like that example - just one period difference) are producing results that are very usable.

Of course that some parameters experimenting is recommended, but this usage (when the periods are so close) made me change the appearance of the "ribbon" to the current one and allows us more experimenting now. I even changed my all time preferred symbol for example since I was checking how it performs on other symbols and with same settings it is not bad at all - on a 1 hour chart it cleanly catches all the major trend changes and makes it a as-simple-as-it-gets candidate for trending system (please do remember that by definition in trending systems 80% of trades can be negative but the rest of the trades are taking your equity into positive areas, do not expect from trending system to have 100% winning ratio, even though on some of the symbols with the above settings it resembles to grail like system). Use proper MM in any case

Hi Mladen

That was awesome baby,

would you may adddisplay type option (especially line+dot) as well as Onfirstbarfor dots

Also May I ask: Are you using default setting in shown figure with M15/H1 MTF?

talaate:

Hi Mladen

That was awesome baby,

would you may adddisplay type option (especially line+dot) as well as Onfirstbarfor dots

Also May I ask: Are you using default setting in shown figure with M15/H1 MTF?

Talaat E

Will make an upgraded version with those options

As of settings : that is a 14 period fast and 15 periods slow double smoothed EMAs (using 1 hour time frame on 15 minute chart) The rest is default

mladen:

Talaat E

Will make an upgraded version with those options

As of settings : that is a 14 period fast and 15 periods slow double smoothed EMAs (using 1 hour time frame on 15 minute chart) The rest is default

Thanks Mladen

Reason: