Elite indicators :) - page 564

traderdp:
mladen or mrtools,

Could you please create a colored triangle or dot or any other symbol if it's easier, somewhere on the indicator window, with variable sizes and with alerts, whenever there is a cross of the 2 main lines (in color tab # 2 and #3) for this indicator AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.03?

It would resolve all of my prior questions in my earlier posts about this great indicator. I would really greatly appreciate it, and it would really help me.

I want to once again thank you both very much for all of your continued help and support to all of us on this forum.

traderdp

David

Quite a coincidence...? It so happens I posted a version in Advanced Elite this morning (it was a request from a member there), which plots dots on the main chart when the two main lines cross.

I am not sure where this indie originated or belongs, so if mladen agrees I can share it here as well.

Cheers, Snow

Snowski:
Quite a coincidence...? It so happens I posted a version in Advanced Elite this morning (it was a request from a member there), which plots dots on the main chart when the two main lines cross.

I am not sure where this indie originated or belongs, so if mladen agrees I can share it here as well.

Cheers, Snow

Snow,

No problem at all that you post it here too

Thanks mladen.

traderdp, here you go, this one plots dots on the chart at crossover. I trust that's kinda what you're looking for.

Cheers, Snow

ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

Would it be possible to change the Gann HiLo Bars indicator in such a way that it shows both BODY and WICKS, plse? As you know it now shows just one bar from hi/lo.

Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Valeo,

Check this out. You can also change the colors and thickness of the wicks and body separately, if so desired.

Top screenshot shows the current version, bottom screenshot shows version according to your request.

Cheers, Snow

mladen:
Adding this version of absolute strength with arrows too (since the one traderdp asked changes for is different than the one Snowkski used). In this one there is one extra option : it can show arrows in the sub-window (arrowsInMainset to false - lower picture) or at the main chart (arrowsInMainset to true - upper picture). So, together with Snowski's version, we have all the bases covered now

Ah....my bad. I stand corrected. They're not the same indie (although the name suggested that).

Thanks for correction.

Have a great weekend everyone

mladen:
Adding this version of absolute strength with arrows too (since the one traderdp asked changes for is different than the one Snowkski used). In this one there is one extra option : it can show arrows in the sub-window (arrowsInMainset to false - lower picture) or at the main chart (arrowsInMainset to true - upper picture). So, together with Snowski's version, we have all the bases covered now

mladen,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond so quickly and getting me exactly what I need. Also a big thank you to Snowski for replying and trying to help me with his indicator version as well.

As always, mladen, your continued gracious help and patience for me is the absolute difference between success and failure in my attempt to trade successfully. Pure and simple.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond so quickly and getting me exactly what I need. Also a big thank you to Snowski for replying and trying to help me with his indicator version as well.

As always, mladen, your continued gracious help and patience for me is the absolute difference between success and failure in my attempt to trade successfully. Pure and simple.

traderdp

David

mladen,

Thanks again for all your gracious and patient help with all of my requests.

I put up 2 different time frames of this indicator in the same indicator window, with arrows in the indicator window, but I could only create the arrows in the first set of lines (current time frame).

The current time frame is the white and blue lines with arrows. The higher M5 time frame is dotted green and red lines without arrows.

Only the 1st one ( current time frame) displayed the arrows, and the other 2 did not. And when I put up the 2nd time frame, that process removed the arrows from the 1st current time frame. I was able to put the arrows back on the current time frame by reclicking on that current time frame indicator again.

What am I incorrectly doing?

Thanks once again.

traderdp

David

Files:

traderdp:
mladen,

Thanks again for all your gracious and patient help with all of my requests.

I put up 2 different time frames of this indicator in the same indicator window, with arrows in the indicator window, but I could only create the arrows in the first set of lines (current time frame). The current time frame is the white and blue lines with arrows. The higher M5 time frame is dotted green and red lines without arrows. What am I incorrectly doing?

Thanks once again.

traderdp

David

David

Unfortunately, since those arrows are objects (due to the lack of buffers that could be used for "regular" arrows), you can not have two indicators in the same sub-window and have arrows for both. The problem is in metatrader : when you place two indicators in the same sub-window metatrade can find the name of only the first indicator and the second is, as far as code is concerned, invisible since WindowFind() can not find it. And that is causing you problems.

The only solution is to have two separate sub-windows since that error in finding where the indicator is (which sub-window number it uses) exists for years and metatrader never bothered to correct it. So the only solution is to put it like this and to have the UniqueID parameters unique for each instance

Files:
atsa_two.gif  35 kb

traderdp,

make sure to change the UniqueID in the properties of the second indicator.

Here's an example: loaded the indicator twice, one for current timeframe (M15) and the second one for H1.

I renamed UniqueID in the H1 settings, and also changed the arrow colors so it's clear to which timeframe the arrows belong.

Cheers, Snow

EDIT: mladen beat me to it and explained it even better. See post above.

Files:

mladen:
David

Unfortunately, since those arrows are objects (due to the lack of buffers that could be used for "regular" arrows), you can not have two indicators in the same sub-window and have arrows for both. The problem is in metatrader : when you place two indicators in the same sub-window metatrade can find the name of only the first indicator and the second is, as far as code is concerned, invisible since WindowFind() can not find it. And that is causing you problems.

The only solution is to have two separate sub-windows since that error in finding where the indicator is (which sub-window number it uses) exists for years and metatrader never bothered to correct it. So the only solution is to put it like this and to have the UniqueID parameters unique for each instance

mladen,

Thanks for the technical explanation to my question.

Sorry for my utter lack of tech savy. Is it possible to bypass this problem by changing the "object" or symbol from an arrow already used in current time frame to a different object such as a square or a triangle or a circle, or anything else possible, to allow 2 or hopefully all 3 different time frames of this same indicator that I like to use in the same indicator window.

Again I'm sorry for my lack of tech knowledge and need to ask stupid questions.

thanks once again for all your very kind help.

traderdp

David

Reason: