Indicators with alerts/signal - page 613

handy148:
If you look at the right hand side of my screenshot there are two aqua arrows and one red arrow where red crosses green which are nowhere near the yellow line and the alert is set for middle cross.

I am looking at that exact picture of yours and the green is crossing the yellow line at exactly the same bar as red. I will repeat again : it can not alert both things - it is simply excluding each other and is not possible to happen. Here is the code that does that and you can see that there is no way how both crosses can be triggered from the indicator

if (alertsOnMiddleCross)

{

if (rsiPriceLine > bandMiddle) trend = 1;

if (rsiPriceLine < bandMiddle) trend = -1;

}

else

{

if (rsiPriceLine > rsiSignalLine) trend = 1;

if (rsiPriceLine < rsiSignalLine) trend = -1;

}

As you can see if alertsOnMiddleCross is set to true it does not check a signal line (red line) cross at all and it is impossible to alert on a signal (red) line cross. Check data window for confirmation and you will see that it is what is happening

Arrows are treated separately in that indicator with separate conditions

Attached your picture in the previous post of mine so that everybody can check when are lines crossing each other. Also attaching same symbol, same period same settings on my terminal and as you can see, the cross happens on the exactly same bar

Files:
cross.gif  35 kb

mladen - well I don't think I'm going crazy but anything is possible I suppose. Here is another screenshot where I have highlighted with white vertical lines clearly showing arrow alert when green crosses red, not green crossing yellow and there is also a green vertical line showing green crossing yellow with no arrow alert.

http://i42.tinypic.com/286y878.jpg

handy148:
mladen - well I don't think I'm going crazy but anything is possible I suppose. Here is another screenshot where I have highlighted with white vertical lines clearly showing arrow alert when green crosses red, not green crossing yellow and there is also a green vertical line showing green crossing yellow with no arrow alert. http://i42.tinypic.com/286y878.jpg

Are you looking for alertsor arrows?

Your original request was to have alertswhen the green line crosses the yellow line not the arrowswhen the green line crosses the yellow line. As I said already in one post, the way that indicator is written, arrows are treated separately and all the time I am talking about alerts not arrows

Thanks - I knew there had to be a misunderstanding somewhere and my apologies if I did not make it clear. Ideally I would like alerts and arrows when green crosses yellow if that is possible.

handy148:
Thanks - I knew there had to be a misunderstanding somewhere and my apologies if I did not make it clear. Ideally I would like alerts and arrows when green crosses yellow if that is possible.

Option name is now alertsAndArrowsOnMiddleCross. And now arrows are synchronized with alerts

can you add notification alert and convert in histo this indicator?

slope_direction_line_alert.mq4

elcomepips:
can you add notification alert and convert in histo this indicator? slope_direction_line_alert.mq4

elcomepips

If you wish a real Hull moving average slope (since the "slope direction" indicator is almost a Hull moving average, only the second step of the calculating used in it is different : it uses ema instead of lwma - on purpose or not I do now know - but the difference is minimal. I personally prefer the "pure" Hull moving average instead of the "hybrid" version), you can use the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page9

mladen:
elcomepips If you wish a real Hull moving average slope (since the "slope direction" indicator is almost a Hull moving average, only the second step of the calculating used in it is different : it uses ema instead of lwma - on purpose or not I do now know - but the difference is minimal. I personally prefer the "pure" Hull moving average instead of the "hybrid" version), you can use the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page9

I'll try, thanks

mrtools:
Elcomepips, added the notification alert but not able to test so hopefully it works alright.

indicator always show signs, could you put the notification alert only when it is higher than fixed limit?

elcomepips:
indicator always show signs, could you put the notification alert only when it is higher than fixed limit?

Elcomepips, from how I am understanding the code the upper and lower wick limit is doing that already.

Reason: