Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 18

mladen:
This would be a TMA centered with changing middle line color, bands and alerts when the slope of the middle line changes direction. As I used to say like a parrot : "Please use it for estimation only, not in signaling mode, since it recalculates and signals can be changed backwards".

Other than that, all is classical : use ATRPeriod and ATR multiplier for bands setup and use the alerts part for setting up alerts (alertsOnis a main switch and it should be set to true in order to get alerts at all)

Happy trading

is that repainted ???

lion of gail:
is that repainted ???

As it is explained at that post (see the part about recalculation) as well as it is explained at the beginning of this thread (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 ) , centered TMA recalculates

thank you sir mladenfor explanation ......

Amazing work Mladen - we are blessed to have you here.

Mod. & MTF

mladen:
Guys, Just don't forget that it is a centered TMA and that last HalfLength bars can change (as it is explained here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 )

Mladen

Is it possible to modify this indicator as shown in picture and add MTF option !

Indicator draws Horizontal Lines last HalfLength bars ( Gray Dash Line in picture ) instead bands !

Thanks in advance

secretcode

secretcode:
Mladen

Is it possible to modify this indicator as shown in picture and add MTF option !

Indicator draws Horizontal Lines last HalfLength bars ( Gray Dash Line in picture ) instead bands !

Thanks in advance

secretcode

secretcode

One option added : Extrapolate. If it is set to true, it will work as before. If it is set to false, it will work as you describe (see the example bellow - it is with Extrapolate set to false)

mladen:
secretcode One option added : Extrapolate. If it is set to true, it will work as before. If it is set to false, it will work as you describe (see the example bellow - it is with Extrapolate set to false)

Great XTRAPOLATE!

Thank You Mladen

hi mladen,

i usually have 2 instances of centered TMA on my chart (indi attached) and would like to have them combined into one indi with the option to assign different colors to the 2 lines.

in addition, could you pls add a vertical line at the current bar, as soon as the non-dotted lines cross?

hope i could explain myself, if not let me know.

regards and thanks.

triangularma_centered.mq4

engula:
hi mladen,

i usually have 2 instances of centered TMA on my chart (indi attached) and would like to have them combined into one indi with the option to assign different colors to the 2 lines.

in addition, could you pls add a vertical line at the current bar, as soon as the non-dotted lines cross?

hope i could explain myself, if not let me know.

regards and thanks.

triangularma_centered.mq4

engula

The vertical line on the current bar would always be there (2 instances of centered TMA would almost never cross on current bar due to its recalculating nature, in which case the only solution would be to see previous bar(s) crosses and that would mean that there would always be a cross of some kind)

mladen:
engula The vertical line on the current bar would always be there (2 instances of centered TMA would almost never cross on current bar due to its recalculating nature, in which case the only solution would be to see previous bar(s) crosses and that would mean that there would always be a cross of some kind)

mladen,

let me explain it better with the help of a picture.

the non-dotted lines cross where the arrow is (and that can only happen in the past) and at that point in time i'd like to have a vertical on the current bar.

once the line is not dotted, it doesn't change any more. only the dotted part does.

hope this helps understanding what i mean. thanks.

Files:
Reason: