Is it possible to...(Script/Indicator question)

sothirsty
sothirsty  

I trade using multiple timeframes. I always have 4 charts open at the same time and currently, when I change the symbol, I have to drag the symbol to 4 different charts.

I would like to be able to change the symbol on one chart and have the other 3 charts change to that symbol automatically and instantly. Is it possible to do this with a script or indicator or a combination of the two?

I'm not asking for someone to do this for me, I'm just asking if it is possible and where to start if it is.

Thanks.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
sothirsty :

I trade using multiple timeframes. I always have 4 charts open at the same time and currently, when I change the symbol, I have to drag the symbol to 4 different charts.

I would like to be able to change the symbol on one chart and have the other 3 charts change to that symbol automatically and instantly. Is it possible to do this with a script or indicator or a combination of the two?

I'm not asking for someone to do this for me, I'm just asking if it is possible and where to start if it is.

Thanks.

A solution may be to save your 4 charts as a profile, and create a profile for each of your symbol.
William Roeder
William Roeder  
sothirsty :

1. Yes it's possible. One EA/Indicator notices the change (deinit/init) and deletes and posts a Global Variable such as "CurrentPair-EURUSD"=0;

The others notice the change and change the chart pair. Easiest method would be quick scroll. Send to chart ENTER, pair name, ENTER.

2. It's also unnecessary. Save the 4 charts as a profile. Change pairs and save as another profile. Done.