Elite indicators :) - page 431

self advance decline line

mladen:
This is a "self" advance decline line ....

...this is cool ! Really good for trend evaluation...

ValeoFX

Use this one. It is a different one than the one you posted. I decided to use this one instead since the one you posted is repainting colors (see when there are some slopes that the color does not change properly at - that is the repainting part of that indicator). Also, this one is cleaner and thus more suitable to add divergence to it.

Added an option to show slope histogram or not, s you can have a "clean look" (like above) or a "with slope" look at the indicator. Also, I would like to remind that by William Blaus definition ergodic is only if the lengths are 32,5,5. Other lengths (by his definition) are not ergodic any more but a "simple" true strength index

ValeoFX:
Mladen, unlike what looks like a very useful indicator above, my request is just for a divergence to be attached to this indicator, plse.

I know you are thinking on another plain at present, so I can wait.

Thanking you in advance.

You brilliant man, you!

mladen:
ValeoFX

Use this one. It is a different one than the one you posted. I decided to use this one instead since the one you posted is repainting colors (see when there are some slopes that the color does not change properly at - that is the repainting part of that indicator). Also, this one is cleaner and thus more suitable to add divergence to it.

Added an option to show slope histogram or not, s you can have a "clean look" (like above) or a "with slope" look at the indicator. Also, I would like to remind you that by William Blaus' definition ergodic is only if the lengths are 32,5,5. Other lengths (by his definition) are not ergodic any more but a "simple" true strength index

======================

Thanking you most sincerely, Mladen. I often thank the Lord for your selfless help to this community at large and me in particular. I cannot commend you enough!

I will test it as you suggested and let you know.

Best wishes.

Great work !

....many thanks to you again for this great work. You are a real Super Moderator ...

great indi

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for this interesting indicator.. really really good idea..

That will be interesting to have a 'centered' version with a zero line ? Do you think it's possible ?

thanks

A.

Hi, can any tell me why this indicator and alert is popping up about 15 messages and sending about 30 emails on a single alert?

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 1

#property indicator_color1 Red

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

extern int Back=4;

double ExtMapBuffer1[];

int init(){

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(0,167);

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);

SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0.0);

return(0);

}

int start(){

int i,j,pos;

for(i=Bars-IndicatorCounted()-1;i>=0;i--){

if ((HighLow))

Alert ("Inside bar alert ",Symbol()+" "+Period()+": Buy Alert @ "+DoubleToStr(Ask,Digits));

SendMail (StringConcatenate(Symbol()," Daily inside bar"),StringConcatenate(Symbol()," at ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS)," Possible daily inside bar "));

{

pos=i;

for(j=i+1;j<i+Back;j++)

if ((High[j]-Low[j])<(High-Low))

pos=j;

if (pos==i)

ExtMapBuffer1=(High+Low)/2;

}

}

return(0);

}

thanks

You have to limit the number of alerts raised. The simplest way is to do something like this (this is just the start() and one possible way how number of alarts can be limited to 1 per bar)

int start()

{

int i,j,pos;

static datetime lastTime=0;

for(i=Bars-IndicatorCounted()-1;i>=0;i--)

{

if ((HighLow) && lastTime!=Time[0])

{

lastTime = Time[0];

Alert ("Inside bar alert ",Symbol()+" "+Period()+": Buy Alert @ "+DoubleToStr(Ask,Digits));

SendMail (StringConcatenate(Symbol()," Daily inside bar"),StringConcatenate(Symbol()," at ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS)," Possible daily inside bar "));

}

pos=i;

for(j=i+1;j<i+Back;j++)

if ((High[j]-Low[j])<(High-Low)) pos=j;

if (pos==i) ExtMapBuffer1=(High+Low)/2;

}

return(0);

}
jackjones:
Hi, can any tell me why this indicator and alert is popping up about 15 messages and sending about 30 emails on a single alert?

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 1

#property indicator_color1 Red

extern int Back=4;

double ExtMapBuffer1[];

int init(){

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(0,167);

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);

SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0.0);

return(0);

}

int start(){

int i,j,pos;

for(i=Bars-IndicatorCounted()-1;i>=0;i--){

if ((HighLow))

{

pos=i;

for(j=i+1;j<i+Back;j++)

if ((High[j]-Low[j])<(High-Low))

pos=j;

if (pos==i)

ExtMapBuffer1=(High+Low)/2;

}

}

return(0);

}

thanks

'divergence' project

Mladen, some time ago you wrote that you worked on a special divergence indicator/project (?). Will it be based on particular indicator(s) - such as CCI, MACD and/or other oscillators, or rather something more general?

Actually it is not based on any indicator (and that is the goal that I am trying to achieve)

It should be able to compare any value against price and (with some tolerance) it should be able to compare peaks. And the last part (the "peaks") is what is killing me : the problem is that peaks can not be determined without repainting - recalculating which makes any divergence good in hindsight and not so useful in real time. That is the problem I would like to try to solve ... after that all one would need to do is to specify a current value of anything (value from any other indicator) that should be compared to prices and a function should be able to find divergences

You might have noticed that in the mean time I even tried a slope divergence (which is close to a run-time divergence but it should have some criteria to compare different slope lengths against each other) All in all, it reminds of a head breaking problem in the end : when one thinks of it it seems simple, but when trying to code it it becomes just more and more complicated and I hate that

wojtek.paul:
Mladen, some time ago you wrote that you worked on a special divergence indicator/project (?). Will it be based on particular indicator(s) - such as CCI, MACD and/or other oscillators, or rather something more general?

yes, it sounds very interesting and the problem you described is by no means trivial, but I'm sure you will find a solution; thank you for the detailed explanation

maybe, something like a zigzag (e.g., that one which is used within the Semafor indicator, so it draws its last line without a delay) could help - it determines some local high (or low, respectively), and when the price decreases (increases) by certain amount (of pips)*, it would be the first high (or low) to determine a possible divergence; next, when - and if - the zigzag will change its position to another, subsequent higher high (or lower low), and then the price will decrease (increase) by certain amount*, it would be the second, and final high (or low) to determine the divergence... (??) it's a general idea, I don't know whether it makes sense and can be programmed successfully.

* or the next candle is closed (but not 'much lower' than the last zigzag position), or an indicator - maybe on a faster (smaller) TF - gives a signal, etc.

Reason: