Elite indicators :) - page 396

Mlade, Need your Help

Hi Mladen,

I'm trying to make this EA using this indicator, It is an M1 trend scalper which trades in the direction of the stochastic on higher time frame and takes trades on the cross over of stochastic on the current time frame.

As you can check in the attached image, the EA is trading only once during a trend on the higher time frame and takes the next trade only when the trend on the higher time frame changes whereas the EA should trade on every cross over on current time frame which is aligned with the trend on higher time frame (White circles)

Request you to kindly fix this EA/indicator or suggest me some alternative indicator to incorporate in such an EA.

Thanks,

Umesh

PS) Sorry for typo in your name in the subject, not able to edit that now

(happens with me after two bottles of beer;))

Files:
ea_trades.jpg  100 kb

:)

Umesh,

Don't worry about the name. Start worrying if it doesn't happen after 2 bottles of beer

Anyway here is what I cocked up. First of all to explain how does it work. If the time frame is set to current chart time frame it works as before. If you set the time frame to some higher time frame it starts to work as you asked for. In that case it looks for 2 time frame trend matches and whenever they match, a corresponding bar is drawn.

Here is an example with 1 minute and 5 minute indicator up and the signals given by this indicator when its time frame parameter is set to 5 minutes (so it does not work as a classical multi time frame then, but it is combining trends from 2 time frames for entry signals)

PS: turned the interpolation of the higher time frame one off in order to show clear signals when they exactly happen. In run-time, since it is a multi time frame, it might happen that you miss a first signal (when a higher time frame turns trend, since then it will show a signal bar backwards (it is a consequence of multi time frames aligning) , all the other times it will show signal bars timely)

regards

Mladen

umeshkathuria:
Hi Mladen,

I'm trying to make this EA using this indicator, It is an M1 trend scalper which trades in the direction of the stochastic on higher time frame and takes trades on the cross over of stochastic on the current time frame.

As you can check in the attached image, the EA is trading only once during a trend on the higher time frame and takes the next trade only when the trend on the higher time frame changes whereas the EA should trade on every cross over on current time frame which is aligned with the trend on higher time frame (White circles)

Request you to kindly fix this EA/indicator or suggest me some alternative indicator to incorporate in such an EA.

Thanks,

Umesh

PS) Sorry for typo in your name in the subject, not able to edit that now

(happens with me after two bottles of beer;))
Files:

Mladen,

Thanks a lot for the indicator, it's exactly what I wanted.

Now, I'm trying to incorporate this into my EA (attached), but it is not making any trades, please fix this as well.sto_cci_rsi_ea_new_v1.mq4

Thanks,

Umesh

mladen:
:)

Umesh,

Don't worry about the name. Start worrying if it doesn't happen after 2 bottles of beer

Anyway here is what I cocked up. First of all to explain how does it work. If the time frame is set to current chart time frame it works as before. If you set the time frame to some higher time frame it starts to work as you asked for. In that case it looks for 2 time frame trend matches and whenever they match, a corresponding bar is drawn.

Here is an example with 1 minute and 5 minute indicator up and the signals given by this indicator when its time frame parameter is set to 5 minutes (so it does not work as a classical multi time frame then, but it is combining trends from 2 time frames for entry signals)

PS: turned the interpolation of the higher time frame one off in order to show clear signals when they exactly happen. In run-time, since it is a multi time frame, it might happen that you miss a first signal (when a higher time frame turns trend, since then it will show a signal bar backwards (it is a consequence of multi time frames aligning) , all the other times it will show signal bars timely)

regards

Mladen

Umesh

Change the StochTF from int to string (so it should be extern string StochTF = "5";) and change these lines

int upx = iCustom(NULL,StochTF,"Sto_CCI_Rsi 2.01","",RsiPer,StochPer,CCIPer,Hot,Smoothing,2,1);

int downx = iCustom(NULL,StochTF,"Sto_CCI_Rsi 2.01","",RsiPer,StochPer,CCIPer,Hot,Smoothing,3,1);[/PHP]

to this

[PHP]int upx = iCustom(NULL,0,"Sto_CCI_Rsi 2.01",StochTF,RsiPer,StochPer,CCIPer,Hot,Smoothing,2,1);

int downx = iCustom(NULL,0,"Sto_CCI_Rsi 2.01",StochTF,RsiPer,StochPer,CCIPer,Hot,Smoothing,3,1);

Remember that the indicator is not a classical multi time frame indicator but the time frame parameter is used to pass the "other" time frame to it (it works with current time frame and the "other" time frame)

regards

Mladen

umeshkathuria:
Mladen,

Thanks a lot for the indicator, it's exactly what I wanted.

Now, I'm trying to incorporate this into my EA (attached), but it is not making any trades, please fix this as well.sto_cci_rsi_ea_new_v1.mq4

Thanks,

Umesh

Umesh

This is a quick change of your EA. It is taking trades now. Added the changes from previous post, and I removed that "a" from the condition to open order and added one other condition : it allows 1 opened order only. So if there are no opened orders, it will open a new order in the direction of the trend, otherwise it will ignore the new signal (in case if you wonder why it didn't open orders on some of the signals from the example : it is because there was already an opened order). If you wish to allow more than one open order you have to add a function to allow only one opened order per bar (otherwise it will open more than one new order per bar)

Here is how it opened orders in a short back test now :

So, you should revise the conditions in the code in order to make it work completely OK. As I said, avoid using global scope variables since they are going to be reset if you restart the EA and you will fall into an error then.

regards

Mladen

Like it a lot

mrtools:
Looked for but don't think i posted this, its day implus channel on jurik its mtf, with arrows and alerts

=========================

MrTools, THIS seems to be a "gem" in the making!

Question plse............can I replace the alert.wav file with a voice or does it need some sophisticated change to the coding and if so would you mind showing me how to do it as I wish to do the same for the #DTosc.

Thanking you in advance.

Mladen

I really appreciate your patience. It's working flawlessly now.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Umesh

ValeoFX:

Question plse............can I replace the alert.wav file with a voice or does it need some sophisticated change to the coding and if so would you mind showing me how to do it as I wish to do the same for the #DTosc.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Valeo,

What i have is something i downloaded from the code base awhile back from what i can see from the code might be able to get it to work in an indicator, just haven't figured how to do it yet, but in the rar is 2 voice samples to give you an idea. Now to learn how to use separate voices, maybe an actor or actress voice.

Files:
mtvoice.rar  316 kb

ValeoFX:

Totally agree. Very nice work.

Thank you MrTools

mrtools:
Hi Valeo, What i have is something i downloaded from the code base awhile back from what i can see from the code might be able to get it to work in an indicator, just haven't figured how to do it yet, but in the rar is 2 voice samples to give you an idea. Now to learn how to use separate voices, maybe an actor or actress voice.

==============

Good afternoon MrTools,

Thank you so much for this information. Much appreciated.

I use the AT&T platform from where I down-load all my voices. Quite a large erray of voices to choose from including French and also the option of male/female voices.

You can find the link here: AT&T Natural Voices� Text-to-Speech Demo

Best wishes.

Reason: