Elite indicators :) - page 389

MrTools..

mrtools:
This is using the confidence bands and the alerts and arrrows are when the rsi and signal line cross am not sure but trading the signals has been pretty good considering the recalculating nature of ssa.

===========

Whilst I do understand the importance of the use of the ATR to move the Arrows, Mladen came up with a neat way to move the arrows closer to the candles. Could you possibly do the same for this indicator, please?

I still use the SSA norm end-pointed on my M30 with great results and if this is going to do what it seems its doing, it will be an added value. Presently running it on SnapShot to see whether or not the arrows disappear and will let you know.

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX

If you take a look at those peaks (the exact peaks) they do not match (mathematically) Since computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match. And that is why I always thought that divergence is a "mans indicator" and not "computers indicator" sort of speaking

regards

Mladen

mladen:
ValeoFX

If you take a look at those peaks *the exact peaks) they do not match (mathematically) Since computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match. And that is why I always thought that divergence is a "mans indicator" and not "computers indicator" sort of speaking

regards

Mladen

====================

Many thanks Mladen. Maybe a case where the eye is good enough to see it and react to it.

Best regards.

fuzzy

mladen:
ValeoFX

...computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match....

regards

Mladen

that is why we need a fuzzy engine - linguistically driven, not numerically driven

ValeoFX:
===========

Whilst I do understand the importance of the use of the ATR to move the Arrows, Mladen came up with a neat way to move the arrows closer to the candles. Could you possibly do the same for this indicator, please?

I still use the SSA norm end-pointed on my M30 with great results and if this is going to do what it seems its doing, it will be an added value. Presently running it on SnapShot to see whether or not the arrows disappear and will let you know.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi ValeoFX,

Found the indicator that Mladen, did the arrow displacement as usual a very good way to do this will try and remember to use this from now on. Btw this isn't the end-pointed version.

Camisa,in case you haven't all ready figured it out, check here post 4019 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general. Should have mentioned it when i posted the indicator didn't think about it, Sorry about that!

Thank you MrTools

Hi ValeoFX,

Found the indicator that Mladen, did the arrow displacement as usual a very good way to do this will try and remember to use this from now on. Btw this isn't the end-pointed version.

========

Thank you MrTools. Yes, I do appreciate that it is not the "end-pointed" version, but it looks very good. The best for me is that the arrows are not disappearing according to the SnapShot results. Must congratulate you on achieving this feature.

Best regards.

=====================

UPDATE...........

I am sorry to have to report that the arrows are thrown back by 2 candles which is according to the "nature of the beast" unfortunately. I kept the snapshots should you be interested in seeing it for yourself.

But thanks to you and Mladen anyway.

Sincerely.

Headley's acceleration bands ...

Price Headley's acceleration bands

Instead of explaining it in words this time posting a picture that explains everything how one should use the indicator

The original should work with averaging lengths 20 or 80 but I decided to let that be a changeable parameter so one can choose which length to use. On metatrader it looks like this (not the above data, of course ) :

Thanks mladen,

looks like an interesting indicator, although the examples in the S&P screenshot look pretty discretionary to me.

I must be missing something.

Could be good indie on M1 for reversals (although I like the TMA Bands alot).

Cheers, San.

Need a favour Mladen

Good morning Mladen,

Firstly I have no intention to spoil your well deserved weekend and I do apologise for having to write to you over the weekend, but you are a very busy man during the week, so I want to get in early enough.

Would you be kind enough to change this attached Fib-indicator so that I select the day/week from where I want it to be taking the Fib-levels from, plse?

Presently it takes the previous day, week or month and it is therefore not pin-point accurate.

Thanking you most sincerely.

Files:

Laguerre rsi with Laguerre filter, a bit improved ...

These are Laguerre rsi with Laguerre filter (originally posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173022/page6 ), a bit improved ...

Improvement (at least I hope that it is an improvement, from visual tests it seems to add value to existing indicator) consists of a bit faster Laguerre filter. But a bit of explanation : Laguerre filter is calculated in 4 "stages" and then those stages are added up in a 1,2,2,1 ratio in order to get a filter. That works OK as far as "raw" signal (price) is concerned and it needs filtering. But if the signal is already filtered, then different approach is possible : the fastest "stage" can be given the greatest weight (since it is already smoothed and filtered out by some other smoothing process) and that way it can be faster. For that purpose I introduced "speeds". "Speeds" are ranked from 0 (slowest smoothing - sma) to 6 (fastest) and that speed can be changed without changing gamma parameter (even more, with gamma change, peaks "move" can not be achieved - "speed" is effectively moving peaks to proper places without repainting. With "speed" 6 you will notice much less lag on peaks).

Here is a comparison of a "regular" 1,2,2,1 signal line (speed 2 so not the slowest, upper) and fastest (speed 6, lower) Even with naked eye the difference in signal line position is visible (difference in peaks is up to 2 bars in some cases with default settings - it might give a bit clearer picture what is going on. In this example only signal line "speed" is changed. So, as a conclusion of all said above, I recommend using that "faster modes" on signal line.)

Reason: