Elite indicators :) - page 391

William Snyder
William Snyder  
ValeoFX:
=================

MrTools, would you mind posting a screen-print of this same indicator during an UP-Trend please?

Thanks in advance.

See what you are saying please try these.

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hercs
Hercs  

Feed back...

mrtools:
Hi Valeo, Think i found it in the normalizing part found this for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod - 1 ; k++), which i'm pretty sure it should be for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod; k++) anyway please test this version should be good and thanks for pointing this out.

====================

Good morning MrTools,

I am sorry to have to inform you that there still is a problem with this indicator. It is inconsistent in signalling and in one instance threw the signal back by 4 bars. I am running it 24/7 on SnapShot.

Unless you can "fix it" (and I use the term loosely for those not having mastered the English language), I would suggest that it is "no use to man or beast"

Wishing you a successful day.

William Snyder
William Snyder  
ValeoFX:
====================

Good morning MrTools,

I am sorry to have to inform you that there still is a problem with this indicator. It is inconsistent in signalling and in one instance threw the signal back by 4 bars. I am running it 24/7 on SnapShot.

Unless you can "fix it" (and I use the term loosely for those not having mastered the English language), I would suggest that it is "no use to man or beast"

Wishing you a successful day.

Good morning Valeo,

If you are talking about the last version i posted "normalized deviations + atr oscillator_mtf +alerts", what you are saying is not true, been watching it last night and tonight on 1 minute timeframe and have not seen a hint of repainting after the bar closes. Then put it in multi timeframe(where it should repaint in the first place) and again no repaint, and that was using it on m5 timeframe on m1 chart.

camisa
camisa  

hello MrTools, could you please add up/down arrows when orange line changes slope direction?

William Snyder
William Snyder  
camisa:
hello MrTools, could you please add up/down arrows when orange line changes slope direction?

Hi Camisa,

Added the up down arrows on the yellow line which is the slope of atr normalized if this isn't right let me know. Its a bunch of arrows unless using it in multi timeframe.

camisa
camisa  

thank you MrTools, but with same settings I can't get a slope equal to the previous version of the indicator?

settings: 0,12,12,3,1,100,21,0

Hercs
Hercs  

SnapShot proof

mrtools:
Good morning Valeo, If you are talking about the last version i posted "normalized deviations + atr oscillator_mtf +alerts", what you are saying is not true, been watching it last night and tonight on 1 minute timeframe and have not seen a hint of repainting after the bar closes. Then put it in multi timeframe(where it should repaint in the first place) and again no repaint, and that was using it on m5 timeframe on m1 chart.

==================

MrTools, thank you for the reply. I have it all on SnapShot, but I am prepared to run it one more time before I send you the SnapShot report. Hopefully by Saturday.

Best regards.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

T3 r-squared adaptive ...

I hate too much parameters, and when it comes to moving averages, even more ...

PS: decided to add one more option (in version 2) - TrendFollowMode. Here is a comparison of a trend follow mode (violet), "just" adaptive mode (green) and regular T3 (orange). The "regular adaptive" seems to be the fastest, but the "trend follow" mode has its merits too (see the last example)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Balance of Market Power ...

How does one gets useful information from something like this :

Igor Livshin, in his article "Balance of Market Power" gives us an answer.

Calculation in the indicator posted here is the same as Igor Livshin's calculation except for the last step : he uses a regular simple moving average to smooth the result into usable form, while I preferred to use something faster, with less lag an smoother. Also, the part about calculating the bands is not explained in his article so in this one it is a sort of "custom" deviations band (very little to do with standard deviation bands) . So, after all those, the data from above becomes something like this :

Attaching the article itself too with an explanation as of how and what for it can be used (apart from obvious usage for peak finding (in which it seems to be surprisingly good even in cases of whipsaws) and trend determination)

Hercs
Hercs  

Report back on NormDev repainting issue

Hi MrTools,

I ran the latest one with the alerts on it since you posted it and according to SnapShot results, it does NOT repaint. Thank you for your continued support and striving for excellence.

Enjoy your weekend.

Best wishes.

Files: