Elite indicators :) - page 391

CCi - study indicator

Mladen, would you please add an Alert facility on your "CCI-study" indicator which I attach for you. I want it to show a "cap" on top of the M1-candle as I show here in the attached screen-print. The CCi is set to 5 on an M5 TF and to show overheating when it hits the ±166-levels, please. I have enough researched evidence to want to try this now that you have developed this greatly improved CCI.

Thanking you in advance.

Saw this page : A Simple Day Trading Strategy and. since I was not sure if we have that kind of macd, made this

It is changing colors the way they are describing there, so it should be straight forward how can it be used

Files:
macd_bars.gif  31 kb
macd_bars.mq4  3 kb

This is Chalkin Money flow on jurik, with divergence lines and alerts, the alerts go off coming out of oversold,overbought,crossing zero, and up or down slope.

mladen:
Saw this page : A Simple Day Trading Strategy and. since I was not sure if we have that kind of macd, made this
It is changing colors the way they are describing there, so it should be straight forward how can it be used

Interesting. Have you attempted making it smooth using Jurik?

San.

Option plse

mladen:

=================

Mladen, won't you please give it the option to be changed into ZeroLag-MACD? I just love your Zerolag MACD with alerts & arrows.

Thanking you for your kind consideration.

Yep, I like that thought. Skip my Smoothed by Jurik request. To save some time.

Cheers, San.

Guys,

Here is this version : in order to have the "macd bars of every average" made macd of averages. So now you can choose among 17 types of averages which kind of macd you want. In the parameters you will notice that there are by default 2 times -1 in parameters : it means that the indicator will use the type defined in MacdFastType. If you wish, you can use different type for each element, but this way it is faster to change just one parameter value than to have to change 3 values

To remind what I said some time ago : what we had as Zeo lag MACD before is in fact DEMA MACD (hence in this one default type is 3 : Double EMA == DEMA) Zero lag EMA from averages is not the same as DEMA so it should not be mixed with the old "zero lag MACD"

And (as usual) reminder of MA types :

0 - simple moving average (SMA)

1 - exponential moving average (EMA)

2 - double smoothed exponential moving average

3 - Double EMA (DEMA)

4 - Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 - Smoothed MA (SMMA)

6 - Linear weighted MA (LWMA)

7 - Parabolic weighted MA

8 - Alexander MA

9 - Volume weighted MA

10 - Hull MA

11 - Triangular MA

12 - Sine weighted MA

13 - Liner regression value

14 - IE2

15 - NonLag MA

16 - Zero lag EMA

Files:

Many thanks..

mladen:
Guys,

Here is this version : in order to have the "macd bars of every average" made macd of averages. So now you can choose among 17 types of averages which kind of macd you want. In the parameters you will notice that there are by default 2 times -1 in parameters : it means that the indicator will use the type defined in MacdFastType. If you wish, you can use different type for each element, but this way it is faster to change just one parameter value than to have to change 3 values

To remind what I said some time ago : what we had as Zeo lag MACD before is in fact DEMA MACD (hence in this one default type is 3 : Double EMA == DEMA) Zero lag EMA from averages is not the same as DEMA so it should not be mixed with the old "zero lag MACD"

And (as usual) reminder of MA types :

0 - simple moving average (SMA)

1 - exponential moving average (EMA)

2 - double smoothed exponential moving average

3 - Double EMA (DEMA)

4 - Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 - Smoothed MA (SMMA)

6 - Linear weighted MA (LWMA)

7 - Parabolic weighted MA

8 - Alexander MA

9 - Volume weighted MA

10 - Hull MA

11 - Triangular MA

12 - Sine weighted MA

13 - Liner regression value

14 - IE2

15 - NonLag MA

16 - Zero lag EMA

====================

Thanking you most sincerely Mladen. More than what we bargained for.

Best regards.

Multi pass moving average filter ...

Now, believe it or not, this is a kind of a digital filter regardless of its name and regardless of it's internal calculating mode. In theory almost everything average like can be a digital filter too (it is just a matter of finding corresponding coefficients - sma , for example, has all ones for coefficients), but this one goes directly into that category even though it does not use coefficients in this version. Avoiding coefficients in this version was done for 2 main reasons : simplicity and efficiency of code. The basis of this is the good old simple moving average a bit differently calculated than the usual "sum them all and then divide" in order to avoid nxn complexity (which would significantly slow down your PC when this indicator works) and that is why it does not look like "classical" digital filters.

But to assure you that it is, here are its characteristics when it is tested as a digital filter :

So, now when it is cleared, here are a couple of examples how the filter itself looks like :

Lower is done buy varying filter pass from 1 to 7. For practical reasons I have limited the the pass count to 48 (it uses arrays for calculation and 2 arrays out of 50 are used for some extra calculations, hence 48, if someone wants to extend it just change second dimension number in the filter array

Would you mind..

mladen:

Now, believe it or not, this is a kind of a digital filter regardless of its name and regardless of it's internal calculating mode. In theory almost everything average like can be a digital filter too (it is just a matter of finding corresponding coefficients - sma , for example, has all ones for coefficients), but this one goes directly into that category even though it does not use coefficients in this version. Avoiding coefficients in this version was done for 2 main reasons : simplicity and efficiency of code. The basis of this is the good old simple moving average a bit differently calculated than the usual "sum them all and then divide" in order to avoid nxn complexity (which would significantly slow down your PC when this indicator works) and that is why it does not look like "classical" digital filters.

But to assure you that it is, here are its characteristics when it is tested as a digital filter :

So, now when it is cleared, here are a couple of examples how the filter itself looks like :

Lower is done buy varying filter pass from 1 to 7. For practical reasons I have limited the the pass count to 48 (it uses arrays for calculation and 2 arrays out of 50 are used for some extra calculations, hence 48, if someone wants to extend it just change second dimension number in the filter array

==============

Good morning Mladen,

The first reaction is "typical Mladen" genius at work.

Please would you consider a Hi/Lo version such as the Tr.Env. or Gann_Hi/Lo indicators, plse?

I am just testing it on default 5 setting but with 2-MAfilterpass and that looks very good.

Looking forward to seeing your response.

Enjoy the weekend.

Reason: