Elite indicators :) - page 206

Mladen,

I found this Trix combo to be helpful but it repaints. I changed the "for (i = limit......." lines as you suggested earlier but it still repaints, Line # 189 seems suspicious?? Can you help straigthen this indicator and its alarms out???

Thanks

Ray

Ray

I wish that it was that simple (one line problem)

Not going to explain all the things wrong in that indicator (wrong arrays coding, missing signals, ... ) so decided to make a new one. In order to get signals as it is intended in the one you posted set the Trix period to 3 and signal period to less than 2 (in that case the indicator effectively checks for 0 line crosses, if you set the signal; period to greater than 1 it will check for signal line crosses, so, by setting signal period you choose which kind of a signal you want)

The rest of parameters are more or less usual. As comparison : see where some signals are missing (so not repainting, but plain missing) Dots are drawn by the new one, and the lower is the "Scalper" just adjusted to show values of trix (so where it should have signaled)

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

I found this Trix combo to be helpful but it repaints. I changed the "for (i = limit......." lines as you suggested earlier but it still repaints, Line # 189 seems suspicious?? Can you help straigthen this indicator and its alarms out???

Thanks

Ray

pivotpoint

hi mladen

I noticed the pivot point indicator you made is doing something strange on the AlpariUS chart for Daily Pivots. For some reason Monday's reading goes off the chart when you set the TZ to 1 for the AlpariUK TZ.

Would you mind looking at this for me?

Thanks

Files:
alpus.gif  38 kb

Trix

Mladen,

It works Great!! I love the signal options. I changed the setlabel to identify the signal type but don't know how to change the color, please see line # 80, can you help me ??

Thanks again

Ray

Files:

lol...no worries. I remember you mentioning it.

this is great! thanks a lot!

mladen:
Fudo

I thought that I posted the version that does have a Sunday fix feature but it seems that I was wrong .

Here is a version that does fix Sunday data (it actually skips that funny 1 or 2 hour data Sunday usually has, and, if used, gives completely wrong pivot points. Alpari does not have that Sunday data, but with time shift added, all of a sudden it artificially starts to have it (time from 00:00 to 01:00 becomes Sunday with hour shift set to 1) and that is causing that error)

So, the option added is FixSundays. If set to true, it will skip that data, and then pivot points become like this :
But if you set the hour shift to 1 and turn the FixSundays to false, you are going to get the same thing as before (for reasons I have explained above) So it is much safer to use FixSundays and ignore any eventual Sunday data all the time

regards

Mladen

Great work..... Thanks so much!

I'm attaching a pic....the only thing I can see is the labels don't display properly when more than one instance of the indicator is on the chart....although admittedly different line thickness is the obvious way I will use it.

Cheers

CanuckCT

mladen:
Ben

This should do it

Pivot (close in the case of your indicator) is left out from the chart simply because to keep all the 8 support and resistance lines (no room for any more drawing buffer, metatrader 4 "good old" limitation)

PS: default time frame is weekly, but you can choose other time frames with this one (so, it is not just a weekly indicator)

regards

Mladen
Files:

bkennedype

All you have to do is to choose some unique identifier for labels in the PivotIdentifierparameter. That way you can have as much of them as you want on the same chart (here is an example of a weekly and monthly range pivots on a same chart, I used pivotRange1and pivotRange2for identifiers in this example, but you can use any unique value you want)
regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Great work..... Thanks so much!

I'm attaching a pic....the only thing I can see is the labels don't display properly when more than one instance of the indicator is on the chart....although admittedly different line thickness is the obvious way I will use it.

Cheers

CanuckCT

Thanks...will do!

Ben

mladen:
bkennedype All you have to do is to choose some unique identifier for labels in the PivotIdentifierparameter. That way you can have as much of them as you want on the same chart (here is an example of a weekly and monthly range pivots on a same chart, I used pivotRange1and pivotRange2for identifiers in this example, but you can use any unique value you want)
regards Mladen

Rainbow oscillator

mladen,

I'm trying to do an EA with Rainbow Oscillator, but doesn't do exactly what I want. Can explain me how it works or is there a Raibow Oscillator for EA ?

Thanks

Rainbow Oscillator EA

Here is the EA!

Files:
Reason: