Elite indicators :) - page 210

mladen:
Continued from the previous post : the asymmetrical version of ema deviations band ...

Apart from keeping the best part (the very good high low prices fit within the bands) it adds a better "feeling" of the trend since in the times of trending, the opposite band is narrowing
Now the "funny question" (as I mentioned on the previous post. If it is possible to construct bands like this with reasonable parameters (so no zillion deviations distance from the average - the default used here is a boringly usual 2 deviations) the do bands breaks exist at all? Is it possible to use any band breaking system if there are bands that are (without using extrapolations, without using any kind of "prediction", ... ) enclosing the "price action" (I use that term here even though I hate that expression) 99% of the time? And if it is so, is there any kind of randomness in the market at all?

Now, after these questions, one more variation of the asymmetric EMA deviations bands : the oscillator. It makes it easier to see the position of the price within the bands. Also, in this version, the central EMA line is treated as a "non-fixed" position zero line (a sort of adaptive zero line, since it is at it's relative position within the bands)
_______________________ And now, if anybody got scared that I am going to write some more about this, don't worry This is all about this subject from me for now

Interesting work Mladen,

Since you said high low prices fit very well within the bands :

Can you make this band stop indicator based on EMA deviations similar to bollinger band stops?Thanks.

biddick:
Interesting work Mladen,

Since you said high low prices fit very well within the bands :

Can you make this band stop indicator based on EMA deviations similar to bollinger band stops?Thanks.

Mladen ,

Could it be possible for you to make band stop indicator like bollinger band stop indicator from EMA deviation?

You said Using deviations for adapting indicators has its cost : it has to be normalized first and normalization always "deforms" values but was this not the issue with using cfb as an adaptor?

Last one ,is it possible to use the ema deviations as dynamic levels for indicators(like those ones in advanced elite)?Thanks.

Band Oscillator

Mladen, could you please add arrows and alerts to the asymmetrical oscillator for when the signal line crosses over the zero line. Not sure if anyone has had a play around but the oscillator seem to work well with Constant Range bars and renko bars at a 14 setting and nornal bars at 23.

thanking you

Peter

mladen:
Continued from the previous post : the asymmetrical version of ema deviations band ...

Apart from keeping the best part (the very good high low prices fit within the bands) it adds a better "feeling" of the trend since in the times of trending, the opposite band is narrowing
Now the "funny question" (as I mentioned on the previous post. If it is possible to construct bands like this with reasonable parameters (so no zillion deviations distance from the average - the default used here is a boringly usual 2 deviations) the do bands breaks exist at all? Is it possible to use any band breaking system if there are bands that are (without using extrapolations, without using any kind of "prediction", ... ) enclosing the "price action" (I use that term here even though I hate that expression) 99% of the time? And if it is so, is there any kind of randomness in the market at all?

Now, after these questions, one more variation of the asymmetric EMA deviations bands : the oscillator. It makes it easier to see the position of the price within the bands. Also, in this version, the central EMA line is treated as a "non-fixed" position zero line (a sort of adaptive zero line, since it is at it's relative position within the bands)
_______________________ And now, if anybody got scared that I am going to write some more about this, don't worry This is all about this subject from me for now

mladen,

Would it be possible to add alerts to "All Jurik Volty" so it alerts when all the JurikVolty line is above the signal line for the selected TFs?

Could you make the alerts so the user can select the TFs for the alert?

Eg.

Display TFs: M1, M5, M15, H1

Alert TFs: M1, M5, M15

Thanks,

Jim

mladen:
Jim

Here you go

One additional parameter : equalize. Since volatility values for different time frames tend to be very different (similar to MACD : the higher the time frame the bigger the volatility) equalize is here simply to "make visible" lower time frames, but then the values are recalculated in order to fit them all into same height (as on the picture : the shape and signals are more or less the same, but the values are not)

regards Mladen

MTF EMA Grid

Hey Guys,

I made this post under the "suggestions for systems" but then I realized that it would be more appropiate here.

Is there a MTF indicator that allows for a dashboard type display for multiple EMA's, for example the ability to input upto say 6 EMA's for a chart and have them display in a little grid for all time frames?

If not is there an indicator that will alert / signal when 3 entered EMA's cross each other?

Cheers

Codex

ps: I am still getting to grips with coding my first indicator.

Codex,

Here is the indicator I have that may meet your needs.

Just search youtube for "pipware minicharts" for instructions on how to use the indicator.

jim

Codex:
Hey Guys,

I made this post under the "suggestions for systems" but then I realized that it would be more appropiate here.

Is there a MTF indicator that allows for a dashboard type display for multiple EMA's, for example the ability to input upto say 6 EMA's for a chart and have them display in a little grid for all time frames?

If not is there an indicator that will alert / signal when 3 entered EMA's cross each other?

Cheers

Codex

ps: I am still getting to grips with coding my first indicator.

Thank you 94315jim,

That should do the trick nicely !

Cheers

3 EMA Crossed Signal

Hi Guys,

I was able to successfully track down the following indicator. It does exactly what I need it to except there is no audioable alert.

I've been hacking and slashing at it trying to "copy n paste" from other indicators but I am not having any luck so far with inserting the audio alreat.

Would someone be able to give me hand with this?

1. Add an audioable alert

2. Would be nice if it actually plotted the 3 EMA's, but it's fine as you can simple just add them seperately

3. Make the arrows smaller and thinner... at the moment they appear to be disco style, back in the age where bigger was better....

Also if you are having a look at it, could you see if the code is still "worthy" I think this is a super old indicator as well, so I cannot tell if there are lagging or repaiting issues. (i can only assume that there is a small degree of lagging due to the nature of the indicator.)

Cheers and thanks in advance

Codex

Files:

Codex

Regarding the "3 ema crosses" indicator : when you take that indicator and eliminate the unnecessary stuff (namely the 3rd (fastest) ema) what you have is a 5-13 MACD if you use default parameters. Here is a comparison of the indicator signals and a 5-13 MACD (marked just last couple of signals to see the comparison)
So, you can use any MACD indicator that has alerts and you will get those signals. It will be easier and the 3rd ema will not distract you since in fact it has no influence on the signals after all

regards

Mladen

Files:

ValeoFX

Set time frames to following : M5;M15;M30;H1;H4;D1;W1;MN

And set time frame weights to following : 1;5.5;1;1;1;1;1;1 (second weight, meaning 15 minute time frame in this case, is set to 5.5 all the rest is default 1)

And then you get a chart like this
regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
========================

Mladen, sorry to have to bring you back to the MTF_DTosc, but I have developed a problem with mine in the sense that I cannot set it in different TFs any more. I use to be able to do that, but it has gone "out of sync" so to speak. I cannot reproduce this setting of yours at all.

Any suggestions please?
Files:
Reason: