Coding help - page 47

thanks very much for your help, seems very strange, will have another go later or post the indi

a work around is just to remove or rename the default "alert.wav" but then you might need to consider if there was anything that used the default alert that now wont sound

be careful about the length of the sound file you are using for alerts. If it is too long, it might cause you some problems (especially from an EA)

zigflip:
thanks very much for your help, seems very strange, will have another go later or post the indi a work around is just to remove or rename the default "alert.wav" but then you might need to consider if there was anything that used the default alert that now wont sound

Greetings Mladen,

May i ask if there's such a way we could incorporate 2 indicators (Figuerelli RSI and Figuerelli pivot) into one indicator?

i wonder if its possible to inlay Figuerelli pivot into that of RSI? it is something like this image. I made some lines so as to explain how it would look. Notice the Pivot line on the chart and RSI indicating threshold where current price is at.

It's something like the pivot line having this ladder effect on the RSI. If there's a free indicator already made like this in this forum, may you kindly post the link.

Thank you.

Files:
figure_1.png  47 kb

Interesting idea (about pivots applied to some other indicator)

So far what I made looks like this :

or like this :

but it needs to be checked and rechecked first

Hiyieldrater2:
Greetings Mladen,

May i ask if there's such a way we could incorporate 2 indicators (Figuerelli RSI and Figuerelli pivot) into one indicator?

i wonder if its possible to inlay Figuerelli pivot into that of RSI? it is something like this image. I made some lines so as to explain how it would look. Notice the Pivot line on the chart and RSI indicating threshold where current price is at.

It's something like the pivot line having this ladder effect on the RSI. If there's a free indicator already made like this in this forum, may you kindly post the link.

Thank you.

Files:

mladen:
Hiyieldrater2

Here is this version. It is using a regular rsi not the one you proposed. There are a couple of reasons but the main reason is that Figuerelli rsi depends on the number of bars it is calculated on what result you are going to get. Here is a simple comparison of the same indicator calculated for 5000 bars (upper) and 1000 bars (lower)

So I decided not to use that one for that reason (since case like the one above makes it a repainting indicator).

Anyway, in the attached indicator there is one parameter that might need an explanation : Level. It is the number of pivot levels you wish to be drawn. It can draw from 0 (just pivot line) to level 3 (up to support and resistance level 3). Default is 2 but change it as you wish. Using the pivot line gives to the indicator a sort of floating zero line and it seems that if you use the pivot as a zero line cross that signals are faster than the regular levels crosses

Have a nice weekend

Mladen

3rd level resistance not showing on chart if we choose level 3 in 'input tab' !

Rsi + pivots ...

Hiyieldrater2

Here is this version. It is using a regular rsi not the one you proposed. There are a couple of reasons but the main reason is that Figuerelli rsi depends on the number of bars it is calculated on what result you are going to get. Here is a simple comparison of the same indicator calculated for 5000 bars (upper) and 1000 bars (lower)

So I decided not to use that one for that reason (since case like the one above makes it a repainting indicator).

Anyway, in the attached indicator there is one parameter that might need an explanation : Level. It is the number of pivot levels you wish to be drawn. It can draw from 0 (just pivot line) to level 3 (up to support and resistance level 3). Default is 2 but change it as you wish. Using the pivot line gives to the indicator a sort of floating zero line and it seems that if you use the pivot as a zero line cross that signals are faster than the regular levels crosses

Have a nice weekend

Hiyieldrater2:
Greetings Mladen,

Thank you.

Files:
rsi__pivots.gif  35 kb
figg.gif  35 kb

You are right

Corrected. Just re-download it from the original post

secretcode:
Mladen 3rd level resistance not showing on chart if we choose level 3 in 'input tab' !

:)

Thanks Mladen

Nice one !

Best Regards,

Amazing, Thank you Mladen. i thought the coding would take days.

This is great. thank you Mladen

Hi Mladen , I downloaded 3 indicators coded by you: T3 , HMA color , HMA2. Can we convert them to dots instead of lines. I tried searching on net and found out that we might need to do this for each buffer to make it plot dots: SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,EMPTY,1,Blue); SetIndexArrow(0, 0x9F); SetIndexBuffer(0,HighBuffer); In T3 we have: IndicatorBuffers(6); SetIndexBuffer(0,t3); SetIndexBuffer(1,t3Ua); SetIndexBuffer(2,t3Ub); SetIndexBuffer(3,t3Da); SetIndexBuffer(4,t3Db); SetIndexBuffer(5,slope); In HMA2: IndicatorBuffers(5); SetIndexBuffer(0,hma); SetIndexBuffer(1,hmada); SetIndexBuffer(2,hmadb); SetIndexBuffer(3,trend); SetIndexBuffer(4,work); In HMAcolornrp : IndicatorBuffers(7); SetIndexBuffer(0,ind_buffer0); SetIndexBuffer(1,ind_buffer1); SetIndexBuffer(2,ind_buffer2); SetIndexBuffer(3,ind_buffer3); SetIndexBuffer(4,ind_buffer4); SetIndexBuffer(5,buffer); SetIndexBuffer(6,trend); In the above buffers can you plz indicate on which buffers do we have have to apply this code(And if this code is correct at all): SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,EMPTY,1,Blue); SetIndexArrow(0, 0x9F); SetIndexBuffer(0,HighBuffer); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW,EMPTY,1,Red); SetIndexArrow(1, 0x9F); SetIndexBuffer(1,LowBuffer); And if we need to do any more changes in addition to this. Also can we add an Option to get the choice on whether to plot dots or lines. Regards , rahul. EDIT: I am Sorry for the mess created above, I dont know why my "Enter character" is not taken. Plz have a look at I1 and I2 to look at the formatted version of what I have written above.

Reason: