mladen

clc4x:
I think this one has enough buffer. stochastic_momentum.mq4

Excellent. Thank you so much.

mladen:
clc4x Here you go
regards mladen

mrtools:
Would love to help you but the indicator you posted is using 8 buffers which is the maximum for metatrader 4, and for an arrow usually I need to add a buffer for it to work. Regards

perhaps it would be possible to use the function iCustom in a separate indicator with only two buffers coming from the original indicator (SMI); the new indicator could draw two kinds of arrows (up/down) in the chart window...

Non-lag Stochastic

Mladen, do you by any chance have a Non-lag Stochastic in your arsenal? I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with one for my research project.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanking you in advance.

Hi Valeo,

Here's what I found in my archive, perhaps there's one that interests you.

Not sure if these are zerolag, have a look.

I have tons more but am convinced those are not zerolag.

Cheers, San.

Thanks San...

Snowski:
Hi Valeo,

Here's what I found in my archive, perhaps there's one that interests you.

Not sure if these are zerolag, have a look.

I have tons more but am convinced those are not zerolag.

Cheers, San.

Hi San,

Thank you for these, but I am specifically looking for a non-lag Sto. similar to Mladen's MACD, etc.

It may or may not be doing what I want to measure and it may even be too fast, but who knows until one sees the actual performance.

I hope Mladen would be able to assist and I will report the outcome here of course.

Best wishes.

Snowski:
Thanks ValeoFX, most appreciated.

BTW San, I think I have improved on this first attempt by Xard. Attached for your perusal and comments.

Best regards.

This is what i was talking about when talking about "same principle as Zero lag stochastic(s)"

Compared a "regular" 14,3,3, high/low stochastic with 14,15,15, high/low NonLag stochastic (had to use long Slowing and DPeriod in order to get comparable values)

interesting to see long smoothing (14,30,50 in this case)

regards

mladen

A big thank you..

mladen:
This is what i was talking about when talking about "same principle as Zero lag stochastic(s)"

Compared a "regular" 14,3,3, high/low stochastic with 14,15,15, high/low NonLag stochastic (had to use long Slowing and DPeriod in order to get comparable values)

interesting to see long smoothing (14,30,50 in this case)

regards

mladen

==============================================

Hi Mladen,

Firstly a major thank you for these 2 indicators. Most grateful to you as always.

With my limited knowledge, I just read up as to what the Stochastic is suppose to do and therefore it is in line with what you suggested in first post. I will immediately run the indicator so that I have some data by tomorrow morning and to let you know how it "fits" my research objective.

Best regards.

A question

ValeoFX

I am not sure where to "pin" the NonLag in the stochastic. If your idea is to have it on a stochastic smoothing (the slowing parameter in the regular stochastic) and signal line then OK (that is the principle the zero lag stochastic(s) are made) Other definitions of non lag stochastic I did not find anywhere. Let me know.

btw: attached a reworked igorads NonLag moving average (simplified) which is lighter on CPU resources and is suitable for use in other indicators (does not use extra buffers)

regards

mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi San,

Thank you for these, but I am specifically looking for a non-lag Sto. similar to Mladen's MACD, etc.

It may or may not be doing what I want to measure and it may even be too fast, but who knows until one sees the actual performance.

I hope Mladen would be able to assist and I will report the outcome here of course.

Best wishes.
Files:
Reason: