Elite indicators :) - page 144

biddick,

It is simple : open the strategy tester, check visual mode on the bottom of the options and choose klots EA for testing (any time frame, but I like 1 minute for visual testing) Freely drop indicators on the chart it opens, change their parameters ... The only indicators "resisting" this kind of testing are MTF ones (they "know" the future )

regards

mladen

mladen:
San, Try this one out. I have no idea if that is what was "cooking" but it looks similar. As you can see from the code it is actually a MACD of centered TMA (centered triangular moving average) and as such it will recalculate.

mladen, could you please introduce two colors into this indicator: for a positive slope and for a negative slope, just as in the case of Schaff Trend Cycle nrp? the indicators you present here are really amazing!

I'm just trying to prepare a stop&reverse system working on 1M timeframe, and Schaff Trend Cycle nrp + Schaff Trend Cycle MACD + TMA centered MACD are the best candidates so far to work with; perhaps, anybody has some interesting setups for the parameters - say, (8, 14, 21), (10, 23, 50), and so on?

Rsi ema

Hi Mladen

You fixed these days this RSI EMA indicator but it seems there is a problem.

I realized that the indicator goes in the wrong direction during simulation.

Attached shows the original version and the fixed version after testing in visual mode.

Could you have a look?

Thanks,

Heiko

Files:

Heiko,

You are right. That is going to happen in visual testing when MTF indicator is coded a certain way (even if it work properly in run time).

Anyway, here is a properly coded mtf version (no shortcuts this time) Results are the same, the speed difference stays (that was the reason for changing it in the first place )
Just be careful with any mtf when back testing it (results are going to be missleading)

regards

mladen

RVIonc

Hi Mladen,

Can you please make this indicator on chart as you have the god-given talents

many thanks

mike

Files:
mtf_rvi.mq4  4 kb

Thanks Mladen

But does that mean and EA which uses the MTF indicators will produce wrong results in backtesting?

In this case it generated wrong short trades where it should have gone long because RSI was not properly calculated.

mladen:
Heiko,

You are right. That is going to happen in visual testing when MTF indicator is coded a certain way (even if it work properly in run time).

Anyway, here is a properly coded mtf version (no shortcuts this time) Results are the same, the speed difference stays (that was the reason for changing it in the first place )
Just be careful with any mtf when back testing it (results are going to be missleading)

regards

mladen

EMA cross support/resistance

Hi all,

I'm new to this beautiful elite section.

I need your help to create a very simple indicator.

When fast EMA(eg.20) crosses over slow EMA(eg.50) I need to draw an horizontal line on the High of the bar.

When fast EMA(eg.20) crosses under slow EMA(eg.50) I need to draw an horizontal line on the low of the bar.

I came fro metastock and it was easy to develop that using valuewhen function,eg. valuewhen(1,cross(fastema,slowema),High).

If someone can do that for multitimeframe usage I will grateful.

I red threads regarding moving average cross but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Sorry for bad english.

Many thanks

Cheers

bulliz

Fractal dimension - Ehlers

From the June 2010 issue of TASC :

John Ehlers and Rick Ways article “Fractal Dimension As A Market Mode Sensor”. After Sevcik, then Matulich modification of fractal dimension index, then Mark Juriks version, we have a John Ehlers version of fractal dimension too. It seems that all of them are attracted to the same side of the problem (aren't we all ) Anyway, interesting to see a new look at the fractal dimension theme

mladen:
From the June 2010 issue of TASC : John Ehlers and Rick Ways article “Fractal Dimension As A Market Mode Sensor”. After Sevcik, then Matulich modification of fractal dimension index, then Mark Juriks version, we have a John Ehlers version of fractal dimension too. It seems that all of them are attracted to the same side of the problem (aren't we all ) Anyway, interesting to see a new look at the fractal dimension theme

Thanks for the excellent work Mladen , I have some qustions

--Can you explain what do you mean by '' It seems that all of them are attracted to the same side of the problem''

---what is the difference between Ehlers FDI and Jurik CFB?

---Ehlers says There is a “fuzzy” boundary from 1.6 to 1.4 where mode cannot be determined. see the chart it is clearly showing strong trend mode ,ı have checked it with several timeframes, am I wrong?Many thanks

Files:
fuzzy.png  33 kb
Reason: