Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 66

Is there an alert/signal (like an arrow or line) for this indi Fast-stochs?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

tampa:
Fast stochastic fast_stochastic.mq4

TEAMTRADER:
Is there an alert/signal (like an arrow or line) for this indi Fast-stochs?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Use any stochastic indicator with alerts/signals.

Set the slowing to 1, set the price to low/high and set the average type to sma and you will get the same values. Upper is the regular stochastic set as described and lower is the fast stochastic

Files:

I see and (think I) understand.

The stochs setting I use is always the close/close and as I understand it the alert and signal will not operate on the 'fast-stochs' indicator.

Thanks anyway.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
I see and (think I) understand.

The stochs setting I use is always the close/close and as I understand it the alert and signal will not operate on the 'fast-stochs' indicator.

Thanks anyway.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

No

What I meant is that if you set any stochastic with alerts the way I described, you are going to get exactly the same results as if fast stochastic would have been used (including the signal too)

Hi MLaden,

OK, thanks.

I am nearly there with the second part of my quest - to get bigger reversals safely.

The combination this Stochastics arrow signal, your very own 'BBB' signal (with my setting of 55 - on the expand and contract only signal) along with the deviation of 40 between the two specific ema's are being tested over the next month before an EA is ready for coding.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
gbpusdm20.png  54 kb

I have 1 stochastics indicator that appeared to work well but when I refresh it, it repaints.

Do you know of an alert plus signal stochastics indicator that will be reliable when the settings are used as below?

Thanks.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
TEAMTRADER

Use any stochastic indicator with alerts/signals.

Set the slowing to 1, set the price to low/high and set the average type to sma and you will get the same values. Upper is the regular stochastic set as described and lower is the fast stochastic

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

OK, thanks.

I am nearly there with the second part of my quest - to get bigger reversals safely.

The combination this Stochastics arrow signal, your very own 'BBB' signal (with my setting of 55 - on the expand and contract only signal) along with the deviation of 40 between the two specific ema's are being tested over the next month before an EA is ready for coding.

TEAMTRADER

Hi. What's stoch indicator?. Thanks for advance.

braintheboss:
Hi. What's stoch indicator?. Thanks for advance.

braintheboss

I think that teamtrader meant stochastic indicator

Is there some reason why the Stochastics Zones (both original version and version 2) do not work as per the gif's illustrations?

I have tried it on normal timeframe charts and offline range and renkorange charts without success.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Is there some reason why the Stochastics Zones (both original version and version 2) do not work as per the gif's illustrations?

I have tried it on normal timeframe charts and offline range and renkorange charts without success.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Try this one out : stochastic_zones_2_nmc.mq4

Reason: