Elite indicators :) - page 146

san4x
san4x  

mladen or Doc, can you please post the CFB indicator.

Cheers and thanks,

San.

drhouse7
drhouse7  
Snowski:
mladen or Doc, can you please post the CFB indicator.

Cheers and thanks,

San.

Dear San,

i suppose you're talking about this : CFB

Sorry i don't have it

Best regards

Doc

san4x
san4x  

Yep, that's the one.

The statement that it's more precise than ADX makes me curious, as I use ADX to measure trend strength.

I've searched the forum, found CFB but read that it's not an indicator by itself, but rather code for use in other indicators. Confused now. Perhaps mladen can shed a light on this.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San,

I posted the CFB in the advanced elite section. Its usage is a bit different than the usual indicators. In short CFB is trying to determine if there is a trend (and it indicates it with a rising values / slope) It does not "tell" which is trend. Here is an example what CFB does (this is the least sensitive depth of CFB - the slowest one which I like to use for real trend finding) :
We also use CFB in some other indicators in order to make reversals (so signals by some indicators) faster. That usage was originally proposed by Mark Jurik, but even he had a strange way of using it (he used something he called "infinite length stochastic" - which is just another way of naming a repainting indicator) so we had to find a better way to use it

As of the one that is floating around : it is just a basic function used by the CFB (the so called "cfbAux"), and, the way it was made, it even has an error in calculation (two values are totally confused in it). Apart from that error, the logic of CFB is completely missing from that indicator so it is (in the way it is available) pretty much useless. My guess is that no one made it for metatrader because of the buffers problems : depending on the depth or levels, this indicator uses well over 100 buffers for calculations (it is not even a fixed number - depends on depths).

regards

mladen

Files:
cfb.gif 27 kb
san4x
san4x  

Thanks mladen, looks interesting. Might consider that "uber elite" membership after all...

So, in short, should I use/read this indicator as I would read the ADX Line?

I.e. as an indicator showing "trend strength" or am I cutting the power of CFB short here?

bulliz
bulliz  

EMA cross support/resistance

bulliz:
Hi all,

I'm new to this beautiful elite section.

I need your help to create a very simple indicator.

When fast EMA(eg.20) crosses over slow EMA(eg.50) I need to draw an horizontal line on the High of the bar.

When fast EMA(eg.20) crosses under slow EMA(eg.50) I need to draw an horizontal line on the low of the bar.

I came fro metastock and it was easy to develop that using valuewhen function,eg. valuewhen(1,cross(fastema,slowema),High).

If someone can do that for multitimeframe usage I will grateful.

I red threads regarding moving average cross but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Sorry for bad english.

Many thanks

Cheers

bulliz

Hi,

nobody can help me?

Many thanks

bulliz

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

bulliz,

Here you go (vertical lines added by me manually just in order to show when the lines were drawn)
regards

mladen

bulliz:
Hi,

nobody can help me?

Many thanks

bulliz
bulliz
bulliz  

Thanks mladen!!!

your work is fantastic as usual.

Last request for you.

Is it possible to have an history of the past crossing lines?

Also I tried to insert this indicator 3 time with different time frame, but only one is plotted.

Many thanks!!!

Regards

bulliz

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

bulliz,

For using 2 or more of these indicators on the same chart, change the LinesPrefix parameter so that every indicator has a unique LinesPrefix (enter whatever name you want there, you are not limited to the given names). That way you can place as much of those as you want (as an example : 15 minute, 30 minute and 1 hour time frame on the same chart)
Will see about the historical crosses

regards

mladen

bulliz:
Thanks mladen!!!

your work is fantastic as usual.

Last request for you.

Is it possible to have an history of the past crossing lines?

Also I tried to insert this indicator 3 time with different time frame, but only one is plotted.

Many thanks!!!

Regards

bulliz
Files:
bulliz
bulliz  

Really impressed mladen.

many thanks again.

Regards

bulliz