HedgeEA - page 33

400396:
hi guys.

the down side of this is :

1. some times big drawdown in the account ( in this case there is nothing to do just seat tight , collect interest and wait the price will fluctuate back)

2.some guys think that 10% is nothing in the forex market.

I wish you all the luck

Please regarding the 10%, well, if you could get 10% for month with your $4000 you will end with more than $12.000 ... 10% is nothing for speed up investors, but it is a lot for professional fund managers...

I think that we all are used to EA's that places many trades, risk a lot, do a lot of profit and then blow up the account.

Good luck!

400396:
hi guys.

I'm going live next week with 4k account , wish me luck

i hope to make 10% monthly with this EA , i will use the GBP AND JPY the ratio will be 1\1.6.

I'm testing also hedging with 4 pairs it's look promising less interest but not so big drawdown like GBP AND JPY ( maybe after a week i will switch i demo it only a week so i need to demo it more before going on with that , i like it better than 2 pairs because i think this is safer way than 2 pairs)

to tell you the truth I'm sick and tired trading the forex , with hedging i just place the orders and let the interest collect and some time grab some $100 profit from the fluctuation of the price , i will get app $20 daily interest from my broker.

the down side of this is :

1. some times big drawdown in the account ( in this case there is nothing to do just seat tight , collect interest and wait the price will fluctuate back)

2.some guys think that 10% is nothing in the forex market.

I also wish good luck to you and please inform us your results of live trading.

BTW, a consistent 10% monthly with compounding possibility is a great result. If you have five years to trade so ...

Happy New Year!

Ratio

kokas:
I'm gonna use the procedure recomended by steven on the next version.

I think the right ratio is the combination of

Cijas' - this is the static part and

Stevensign's - this is the dynamic part of it.

Thank you for your great work of coding and sharing this EA. Happy New Year!

Stevensign:
I'm really heavy into math so here it goes. I'm not big on correlation, IMHO this can be misleading. (I am a big believer in Bollinger Bands on cross pairs but that will be a later post if there is interest).

I believe the ratios should be based on two main factors. First, normalize the lots so 1 PIP is the same value, then second, normalize for range. I use Interbank FX and others that are similar. In my example I will use the GBP/USD and USDCHF. 1 mini lot of GBPUSD is $1 per PIP. This is independant of the price of GBPUSD. The PIP value of 1 lot of USDCHF depends on price. If USDCHF is 1.200 each PIP is 1/1.2 = $0.83. To normalize multiply the lots by the price.

so 1.20 lots at a price of 1.200 equals $1 per PIP.

So to normalize on price, if the USDCHF is 1.200 use 1.00 lot of GBPUSD and 1.20 lots of USDCHF.

Now let's normalize on range. This can be daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever you want depending on the strategy you're using.

I've written indicators and EAs to show this but basically you want to determine the range of movement for the currency. One way to do this is is to take the difference between a 200 SMA on the high and a 200 SMA on the low of each currency pair, this will show the average daily range. You will get different results if you do this on daily candles or 4 hour candles or 15 minute candles.

I'll simplifiy for daily candles. the GBPUSD has a daily range of about 120 PIPs, the USDCHF has a range of 90 PIPs. So, on average, when the GBPUSD goes up 120 PIPs the USDCHF goes down 90 PIPs.

The ratio of 90/120 = 0.75.

So now multiply the 1.00 lots of the GBPUSD by 0.75 to get 0.75 lots.

The final trade for this example is 0.75 lots GBPUSD and 1.20 lots of USDCHF.

this results is a ration ot 0.75/1.2 = 0.625 for the GBPUSD / USDCHDF pairs.

This will allow you to stay in the trade as long as possible and collect interest or cash grabs.

In a previous post about three pages ago, someone mentioned about adjusting the the trade in as 3:5 ratio. this is a great idea.

I've written advanced EAs based on my comments that automatically account for lot size, accounts size, etc.

I'll post more if there is interest.

I want suggestions to improve entry points.

I'm working on improvements to exit points.

This strategy is amazing!

Thanks for the explanation. I am trying the same thing with 3 pairs to create the same type of hedge. Appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

thanks guys.

i will try to post my weekly result, i forget to tell you i'm using 1:400 leverage with my broker to be on the safe side ( high leverage is very importent with hedging)

400396:
thanks guys. i will try to post my weekly result, i forget to tell you i'm using 1:400 leverage with my broker to be on the safe side ( high leverage is very importent with hedging)

Do not forget that if you use MM it is the same that your leverage is 1:100 or 1:200 or 1:500, the EA adjust Lotsize to leverage.

kokas, actually the MM still need some improvements.

the if else conditions doesn't seems right to me.

I trying to do some manual calculations so that I can verify the MM codes you have.

Hope that someone can confirm my caculations with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Account Type: Mini (10,000)

Capital: 1000USD

Leverage: 1:400

Total Lots Available: 40

-------------

Risk: 10%

Max Lots Risked: 4.0

So with the above calculations, I can

buy 1 Lots of GBPJPY and

sell 2.4 Lots of CHFJPY

--------------------------------

Are my above calculations correct? Can somebody please verify or correct if I am wrong.. Just feel that somewhere is wrong but just couldn't figure them out.

kokas:
Do not forget that if you use MM it is the same that your leverage is 1:100 or 1:200 or 1:500, the EA adjust Lotsize to leverage.

btw, what happen to forexforums ??

bodshyipmonitor:
kokas, actually the MM still need some improvements.

the if else conditions doesn't seems right to me.

I trying to do some manual calculations so that I can verify the MM codes you have.

Hope that someone can confirm my caculations with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Account Type: Mini (10,000)

Capital: 1000USD

Leverage: 1:400

Total Lots Available: 40

-------------

Risk: 10%

Max Lots Risked: 4.0

So with the above calculations, I can

buy 1 Lots of GBPJPY and

sell 2.4 Lots of CHFJPY

--------------------------------

Are my above calculations correct? Can somebody please verify or correct if I am wrong.. Just feel that somewhere is wrong but just couldn't figure them out.

This has nothing to do with the MM routine but the way it is used on the EA. You got a good point. The EA assume that the Lotsize is equal for the two pairs. This must be considered... You are right... We need to enter ratio on MM.

Thanks I go add it to to do list!

bodshyipmonitor:
btw, what happen to forexforums ??

Changing Server Moving DB now!

Reason: