Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 134

gkaya:
I am having the same issue. In my case, it it most likely that broker is not allowing me to send SL and TP messages in "Instant/Market Order". In my case, Alpari allows me to send SL and TP info along with new market order (non-pending) via Phoenix, hence, Phoenix works fine yet, in my live accounts with FXCM and WSD doesn't work. I talked to support techs from FXCM, they told me the issue what I mentioned above.

Check this message thread out:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560/page30

Hi gkaya,

FXCM's MT4 version uses Market Execution. Market Execution requires the stop/loss be added to the trade after it has executed, so the EA will need to be optimized for market execution.

Is there a reason for this?

Settings

I can not find where to download the settings file. Can you h elp me out.

Thanks

A long time there is nothing done on the code of this system

Means also that the preferred settings have to be optimized again if

they are not longer profitable in backtesting ....

If someone is interested in this system....

The original Phoenix 5_6_03.mq4 has a several bugs why it wasn't working. I did some fixing work to get it trade again

- on 4/5 digits brokers

- ECN accounts

- on brokers using other prefix or suffix for the pairs

- fixing the modify functions of the trailingstop

- the timesetting of signal 5 is now made to be used working at GMT

So this version has not optimized settings for all pairs working

profitable in the time we live now

If you are able to do it, then I like it you share it on the forum...

OsMA Settings May Be Reversed?

deVries:
A long time there is nothing done on the code of this system

If someone is interested in this system....

The original Phoenix 5_6_03.mq4 has a several bugs why it wasn't working. I did some fixing work to get it trade again

So this version has not optimized settings for all pairs working

profitable in the time we live now

If you are able to do it, then I like it you share it on the forum...

Hi deVries,

I just did a quick test of the EA and found the OsMA settings may be wrong...

MT4 does not allow for testing multi-currency, so I just tested EURUSD - 1 trade.

The EA code shows:

double OsMABar2=iOsMA(NULL,0,OSMASlow,OSMAFast,OSMASignal,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

double OsMABar1=iOsMA(NULL,0,OSMASlow,OSMAFast,OSMASignal,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

The Slow and Fast look like they are reversed and the attached image shows this in the indicator box.

Unless this was done intentionally, the correct order should be FAST first, then SLOW, then SIGNAL:

double OsMABar2=iOsMA(NULL,0,OSMAFast,OSMASlow,OSMASignal,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

double OsMABar1=iOsMA(NULL,0,OSMAFast,OSMASlow,OSMASignal,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

Also , it wouldn't accept my Extern settings and it used the settings hard coded in the Symbol section. Nothing is documented so I don't know why it does that.

Interesting EA. Good work on fixing the other stuff and good luck with the EA.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Files:

Thanks for your comment cosmiclifeform

Your right about that, I don't know why Hendrick put this at this way in his EA.

What I did was to get this EA work again the way it had to. As basic I had the original version Phoenix 5_6_03.mq4 and I choose to leave as much the settings as they were, but at this moment the EA is not working properly with the preferred settings so this can be changed.

Next week I (15 april) I place another version of this EA with this changed.

I wait for so long because when there are more things to be changed then it is easier to do it in one time so we don't get to much different versions with all its own preffered settings.

About this

Also , it wouldn't accept my Extern settings and it used the settings hard coded in the Symbol section. Nothing is documented so I don't know why it does that. The EA has a setting extern bool PrefSettings = true;

If PrefSettings = true it will use the (old) settings already coded in the EA.

If you try to find new settings you have to set this setting to false and you can try to find a own setting....

Greetings to All,

Tjipke.

Phoenix

rickyblee:
The ultimate Guide is corrupt any more downloadable piece.

I didn't understand why post one was quoted by you, but I think you tried to downloaded those files from post one and it failed...

So I post all I have and works about Phoenix now in this file

About the OSMA settings I didn't change it we now Hendrick did that at this way in his EA We can choose our own value for those setting when we optimize the EA. That means if we take the input OSMAslow we can think this is really OSMAfast and also OSMAslow setting is really OSMAfast. This makes not work the EA differently

Hendrick didn't change it also although he also knew this was in his EA

Why not changing ?

For this EA was also made an indicator that draw arrows on the chart when the signals were given (tradingpoints) This indicator gives its signals the same way. That makes I have to change more programs, now it is not needed

So I put in this Indicator

Two manuals

The same EA mql file you also can find a few post back

Please Teach Me how to Setup The Bot

I am new to forex trading, but I trade stocks.

Someone please give me and example on how to set up

tje Phoenix EA, so I could see how it work in Meta4.

Ty to everybody.

Is Phoenix EA Dead

Does anybody still use this strategy, seems no more post

in the forum. Does anybody switch to another EA, what you recommend.

Reason: