Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 27

matrixebiz:
If set Initialstop to 1 what does that do for me? I want to set a SL of 30. Should I put InitialStop = 30? or where do i put the 30? Thanks

I'm not sure. Somebody should write down the description of all parameters.

teamfri:
It would be great if MaxTrade=3 works.

Could you make it clear what setting would only allow 1 trade open per pair through the run. Cause I saw on your statement that more than 1 trade were openned for a single pair.

Thanks

Teamfri,

The maxtrade was set at 3 on all 4 pair and was opening multiple trades with some lot size increases before the big move. It then receded back to the 1trade opened per pair and .01 max lots. During the run a trade would hit TP and immediately open another in the same direction. It still remains in this trading mode? This account has a $350 balance.

Mike

teamfri:
I don't believe goblin works better on m15 than 1h chart in the long run. Just take a look at the JRSX, change the timeframe and make a comparison. It is obvious JRSX on 1h chart gives a much more reliable signal of direction than on m15 chart.

The reason I originally went with the H1 timeframe is that I found the M15 & M30 to be too noisey for the indicators, especially at giving good solid JRSX signals. H1 seemed to be the sweet spot at least for me, and I'll probably keep using it. For anyone who might want to drop down to M30 or M15....just remember that you'll probably want to alter the higher level trend period on Turbo_JVEL as well to something like H1.

mikl_73112:
Teamfri,

The maxtrade was set at 3 on all 4 pair and was opening multiple trades with some lot size increases before the big move. It then receded back to the 1trade opened per pair and .01 max lots. During the run a trade would hit TP and immediately open another in the same direction. It still remains in this trading mode? This account has a $350 balance.

Mike

What are your settings for this account. I have similar (in size) account

criss73:
couldn't we just run both firebird and goblin at the sametime; that way we take advantage of both sideways and trending. this might seem naive but just thought i put it out there.

ROFLMAO!!

SloForeX:
I had InitalStoploss set to 1

Do you mind if take a look at your statement? thx

SloForeX:
I'm not sure. Somebody should write down the description of all parameters.

extern double TakeProfit = 40; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.1; // First order will be for this lot size

extern double InitialStop = 0; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 20; // Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=15; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=10; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=0; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=12; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

Matrix, I do know how to read the code. I thought in more user friendly way...For example, If you set this parameter to some value, EA will try to..Ok nevermind

mikl_73112:

It then receded back to the 1trade opened per pair and .01 max lots. During the run a trade would hit TP and immediately open another in the same direction.

Hi Mike,

That's because those postions openned were in the right direction, and did not need to resort to martingale method.That is the way it works.

teamfri

ze0202:
Do you mind if take a look at your statement? thx

Ok, I will send it to you

Files:
desktop.zip  11 kb
Reason: