How many pips does a profitable EA earn per day and a successful trader - page 7

izzatilla:
As for pips per day - as I see it, an approximate 100 pips is both a good target and realistically achievable in a day (without limiting or strictly speaking). Who has an opinion? I will be grateful to
i hope you achieve it one day. the target is awesome but as they say a soldier is a bad soldier if he doesn't want to ...)

Petros:

I don't know why you are so interested in the number of pips. For the purpose of evaluating a trade, the number of pips has nothing to do with it!

Here's an example: The 1st trader opens 1 order with a lot of 10.0 for EUR/USD. The value of one pip would be $100. He closes it near 12 pips and gets a profit: 1 x $100 x 12 = $1200.

The 2ndtrader opens 10 orders at 0.5 lots. The price of a pip will be $5.0. All orders are closed in the area of 12 points and get the profit: 10 x $5.0 x 12 = $600.

It appears that the 1st trader has 12 points, and the 2nd trader has 120 points. What do you get out of it ?

Thank you, that is an interesting question.

Number of pips per day explains a lot, at least for me. First, a trader who consistently earns pips understands what he or she is doing. He understands the market. He understands what the market moves for. He understands where it stops. Of course, they don't know exactly, but they are right in most cases, because they always earn positive amount of pips.

The one who does not earn the above-mentioned points, applies methods/techniques to change the situation in the positive direction. They may not understand what is going on in the market. Let us take theMartingale system as an example. The trader who uses it may not even hope to be right or wrong. He just knows that the system can turn any losing trade into a winning one. The task of the points-oriented trader is that he understands what is happening in the market at the moment.

Now for your examples.

The 1st trader can be wrong next time and make a loss. The 2nd trader will make 10 trades and will not make a mistake - as shown in the example,which one of them will have a bigger drawdown - which will lead to a bigger risk. Of course the one with the bigger volume of trades.Rather than invest in the first one I would rather invest in the second one.

Do what everyone else is doing and get what everyone else is getting. So, what do most in the market get?

I hope I have answered/explained the point of this thread to you. Critics ay, speak up!?

Мартингейл — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Мартинге́йл (мартингал, от фр.  ) — система управления ставками в азартных играх. Суть системы заключается в следующем: Начинается игра с некоторой заранее выбранной минимальной ставки. После каждого проигрыша игрок должен увеличивать ставку так, чтобы в случае выигрыша окупить все прошлые проигрыши в этой серии, с небольшим доходом. (К...

izzatilla:

A week ago I had a Universal signal. It fulfilled its purpose and I deleted it. In 3 months it has made 1400 trades, more than in those signals that are more than a year old.

But that doesn't mean anything, it's a matter of taste. Some like rock, some like folk music, some play attacking football and others defend and play counterattack.

In forex it is the same, someone makes one trade a day and closes it when the profit is 50 pips for example, and the other one opens many orders and closes from 1-10 pips as I do.

It depends on the chosen strategy, if you want to make some opening, it will not work. Before us, all openings have already been made, and those who lecture and teach others how to earn in forex, let them show how they do it themselves in real life, not on the board.

Petros:

It depends on the strategy you choose, if you want to make some kind of discovery, it won't work. Before us, all the discoveries have already been made, and those who lecture and teach others how to earn in forex, let them show how they do it themselves in real life, not on the board.

I agree with you, not on all suggestions.

As for the new discoveries, it's a moot point.

As for these "gurus", let them do what they do best. If they do not know how to trade, let them not trade. As the saying goes, "Judge not and ye shall not be judged".

Petros:

I don't know why you are so interested in the number of pips. For the purpose of evaluating a trade, the number of pips has nothing to do with it !

Here's an example: The 1st trader opens 1 order with a lot of 10.0 for EUR/USD. The value of one pip would be $100. He closes it near 12 pips and gets a profit: 1 x $100 x 12 = $1200.

The 2ndtrader opens 10 orders at 0.5 lots. The price of a pip will be $5.0. All orders are closed in the area of 12 points and get the profit: 10 x $5.0 x 12 = $600.

It appears that the 1st trader has 12 points, and the 2nd trader has 120 points. What do you get out of it?

You also need to calculate the leverage and you will really get $1.2 instead of $600, and $1,200 instead of $6.

Alexey:
You also calculate the leverage, and then the real output is not $600 but $6, not $1,200 but $1.2.
Very interesting, I have to do the math.

izzatilla:
Very interesting, I have to do the math.
You can do it if you want, the message was addressed to Petros. My profit for example in August was 9430$ and in fact with leverage I have only 94$ to withdraw, not very much.

Alexey:
If you also calculate the leverage, then your real output is not 600$ but 6$, not 1200$, but 1.2$.

You probably don't trade, you just talk in theory.

Basically they trade with a deposit up to $10,000, and with a leverage from 1:50 to 1:500. Many brokerage companies have 1 lot = $10 for EURUSD, InstaForex has 1 lot = $1 if I'm not mistaken.

Petros:

Basically they trade with a deposit up to $10,000, and with a leverage from 1:50 to 1:500. Many brokerage companies have 1 lot = $10 for EURUSD, InstaForex has 1 lot = $1 if I'm not mistaken.

You may have different accounts, and information is displayed differently on them. I've traded with many brokers and on accounts ranging from bonus accounts to dollar accounts. And I speak by the system which is closer to me for perception

Petros:

Not one lot, but one pip for a lot!
Reason: